BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply. 

Think O'Neill is good manager. 

Who are you missing who would have started today? 

Do you think you will strengthen in January?

Missed this before sorry. First-teamers missing today were Bursik, Souttar, Powell, Allen.. then Thompson and Clucas who would have been in with a shout of starting but also have knocks. The midfield was really threadbare.

I expect we'll add in January - ideally an extra centre half and a strong DM, plus we have the return of Tom Edwards from a loan.. with that, and players coming back from injury, hopefully we can still have a tilt at it. But today was pretty abject and didn’t give much hope.

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

alas to late,should have been done a month ago,the way we are playing we`de have got a 25000+ crowd,north end would have filled the darwen end as well imo

I keep hearing this argument. Where is the evidence? The club has tried discounts before with limited success. The no ends will fill the Darwen end, but even with that and £20 tickets they would only expect 15-18k. We’ll get around that figure with the full price, thereby maximising funds for the club.

PNE won’t get close to selling the DE at the ridiculous price this season. Hit the £30 barrier and it psychologically puts plenty off.

And at, say, £20 a ticket instead of up to £36 there is no question that many more floating fans would be buying tickets this week on the back of yesterday, plus a sold out away end (though obviously not close to 25,000).

So the tactic of pricing out potential Rovers match day buyers and ignoring the chance to re-engage our own fanbase for a juicy fixture, so to rinse the away support has backfired, as PNE aren’t buying the tickets either!

Saturday will be the lowest Ewood attendance for a PNE game since the 70s, considering we are 4th in the table on a cracking run speaks volumes to Swags price policy.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

alas to late,should have been done a month ago,the way we are playing we`de have got a 25000+ crowd,north end would have filled the darwen end as well imo

It is never to late. Offer the Birmingham game for £10, to anyone who has bought a preston ticket. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BlueBro said:

That's the key difference, finally shut of the likes of Bennett, Evans, Downing, & Johnson not featuring etc. Should have happened ages ago.......we can now hopefully move forward as long as Mowbray allows them to thrive. He's hopefully woken up and realised that Rothwell, Travis and Buckley are the future........now let them get on with it.

Yup, it's a situation that really has been forced on us financially by Waggott and Mowbray's incompetence but bizarrely the smaller squad and being forced to rely more heavily on youth appears to be a situation that is working very much to our advantage at the moment.

We need the manager to realise the riches he currently has in terms of our own youngsters and to leave well alone. Then we need the rub of the green with no serious injuries to key players like Kaminsky, Pickering, Nyambe, Wharton Buckley and Brereton, no major departures in Jan and possibly a couple of bodies in for a bit more cover.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

PNE won’t get close to selling the DE at the ridiculous price this season. Hit the £30 barrier and it psychologically puts plenty off.

And at, say, £20 a ticket instead of up to £36 there is no question that many more floating fans would be buying tickets this week on the back of yesterday, plus a sold out away end (though obviously not close to 25,000).

So the tactic of pricing out potential Rovers match day buyers and ignoring the chance to re-engage our own fanbase for a juicy fixture, so to rinse the away support has backfired, as PNE aren’t buying the tickets either!

Saturday will be the lowest Ewood attendance for a PNE game since the 70s, considering we are 4th in the table on a cracking run speaks volumes to Swags price policy.

As I’ve said earlier where’s your evidence. Cheap games, kids going free, additional family tickets have all been tried with limited impact on the attendances. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Delighted with that win and current league position. What is also very pleasing, is the number of players, who are in the side, having come though the ranks.

As many have already said, Buckley was superb yesterday. I also think we have a find in Pickering too, who has been faultless in his two games, since his injury.

Hope we can beat PNE next week. I will be there with my son & Grandson, having a few days in the UK pre Christmas. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair to Mowbray he bought Kaminski, Pickering and Brereton out of that lot. He also brought in Khadra who scored yesterday, stuck with Brereton and Buckley when they were getting a lot of criticism, brought in Van Hecke. And he's run the training sessions. There's not really much grounds to say we are winning despite Mowbray at all.

If he gets the stick when he loses let's not withold the credit when we win. It's not logical or fair imo.

For me Mowbrays worst trait is, the bollocks he spouts in interviews.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair to Mowbray he bought Kaminski, Pickering and Brereton out of that lot. He also brought in Khadra who scored yesterday, stuck with Brereton and Buckley when they were getting a lot of criticism, brought in Van Hecke. And he's run the training sessions. There's not really much grounds to say we are winning despite Mowbray at all.

If he gets the stick when he loses let's not withold the credit when we win. It's not logical or fair imo.

The Dutch clog wearing donkey is not as good as Wharton or Carter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's a couple of (very) good games against three pretty dreadful seasons at the moment. 

I'll give him plenty of credit if he can maintain it for the rest of the season and deliver a finish in the play off positions.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

As I’ve said earlier where’s your evidence. Cheap games, kids going free, additional family tickets have all been tried with limited impact on the attendances. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Evidence? Sheff Utd literally a month ago, we sold double our usual walk on volume. Reduced prices across the board are the only things that do work. More evidence? the reduced Wigan night game the other year saw our biggest home areas attendance since relegation. Though I do agree that multi game deals, additional tickets for friends/family etc don’t work.

If you honestly think a derby match at £20 a ticket instead of £36 won’t sell more, especially with the club 4th in the league, then there’s no point carrying on this discussion.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Fulham at home on Sky on a Weds night or Preston at home on a Sat afternoon ?

The coffee would smell nice with a guaranteed 20k plus thank you. Trying it at a game where there is more interest is the key and the good run of form just adds to that.

Get out of Waggots back sack.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Fulham at home on Sky on a Weds night or Preston at home on a Sat afternoon ?

The coffee would smell nice with a guaranteed 20k plus thank you. Trying it at a game where there is more interest is the key and the good run of form just adds to that.

Get out of Waggots back sack.

Don’t know what you mean with the Waggott jibe. I’ve never said he was competent. Don’t start slinging insults around pal.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's a couple of (very) good games against three pretty dreadful seasons at the moment. 

I'll give him plenty of credit if he can maintain it for the rest of the season and deliver a finish in the play off positions.

Did you forget the promotion season? Or purposely miss it out as it doesn't fit the narrative?

Send me your seat number and section, I'm coming sitting next to you for the PNE game, check its facing the pitch and talk some bloody sense into you 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Did you forget the promotion season? Or purposely miss it out as it doesn't fit the narrative?

Send me your seat number and section, I'm coming sitting next to you for the PNE game, check its facing the pitch and talk some bloody sense into you 😉

promotion was the minimum given our budget, he couldn’t even win the fucking league! Revidge is right after that there’s been more bloody awful games. What was all that possession crap last season?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spartakfenni said:

promotion was the minimum given our budget, he couldn’t even win the fucking league! Revidge is right after that there’s been more bloody awful games. What was all that possession crap last season?

Try telling that to Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth....Sheff Weds are struggling, if it was only about budgets Sunderland, Ipswich and Pompey would be in the championship.

The side was a shambles under Coyle, probably the worst I've seen in my years supporting the club, Mowbray turned things around.

• Like 2

This notion I keep seeing, that Nyambe can be easily replaced with a few hundred k spent in League One, a la Pickering, is deeply flawed.

Firstly, it's early days with Pickering. He is in good form right now but overall has been a mixed bag so far. Attacking wise he looks good, but defensively has been inconsistent.

Secondly, even if Pickering is the man to fill the role long term, look how many players and seasons it has taken to find him. We have had Bell, Williams Cunningham and Douglas, with the likes of Downing and JRC wedged in there at times.

Thirdly, since some are suggesting sell Nyambe for a few hundred k and buy someone for a few hundred k, worrh observing that we don't get very much of our sales back in money to spend on fees. See Raya and Armstrong.

I'm sure someone will feel like mentioning Edun too, but we certainly don't know yet if he also makes a decent LB. It's not as simple as throw a few hundred k at League One because, recent form aside, Nyambe is a good RB at this level. I notice nobody has actually put out a name of a League One RB they think is already as good as RN. I reckon the same people saying all this will be happy if Nyambe just signs a new deal.

• Like 1

This was my first away game of the season - usually I would have done at least one before now. It was bloody cold. Not the coldest I've ever been at a Rovers game (away at Oldham on a Friday night still winning that one) but it's probably in the Top 10.

As with all football fans we get carried away a bit when we win or lose. Lose and everything and everyone is at fault, win and we're a couple more good wins from promotion. Usually both reactions are wrong. It's way too early to be making any serious predictions about the season - we are still 3 games away from half way. In the last 4 games we have gained 5 points on Bournemouth and 7 on West Brom. As we all know those numbers could be reversed in the next 4.

Yesterday as a whole we did not play well. Some of that was the wind which really did spoil things at times. But as a team we did not play all that well for the first hour until we scored. After that we seemed to be in almost complete control and ended up comfortable and deserved the win

I have always championed John Buckley so I am as delighted as anyone to see that many more fans are seeing what I thought I saw a few seasons ago when he made his debut at Hillsborough. I think one reason fans have trouble is that he doesn't loo like our idea of a footballer. He seems to be too slight and be all thin arms and legs. It was somewhat ironic yesterday than in what was probably his best game for Rovers he got an assist for a richochet off his arse for the goal.

Conversely I have struggled to accept that Joe Rothwell is our most creative player. I think he has only occasionally imposed himself on a game for more than a few minutes and too often his long mazy runs have produced no end result. Yesterday was another of those occasions when he was more consistent and particularly his defensive game was more on show. There was one complete brain fade in the first half when he stood and let Harry Pickering defend against two but overall a great performance.

It was frustrating to see us get three yellow cards for timewasting near the end, for Dolan meaning he is on 4 for the season and one away from a suspension. How the referee deemed Nyambe was time wasting with his throw in I don't know, as he usually takes that long when we're losing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

This was my first away game of the season - usually I would have done at least one before now. It was bloody cold. Not the coldest I've ever been at a Rovers game (away at Oldham on a Friday night still winning that one) but it's probably in the Top 10.

As with all football fans we get carried away a bit when we win or lose. Lose and everything and everyone is at fault, win and we're a couple more good wins from promotion. Usually both reactions are wrong. It's way too early to be making any serious predictions about the season - we are still 3 games away from half way. In the last 4 games we have gained 5 points on Bournemouth and 7 on West Brom. As we all know those numbers could be reversed in the next 4.

Yesterday as a whole we did not play well. Some of that was the wind which really did spoil things at times. But as a team we did not play all that well for the first hour until we scored. After that we seemed to be in almost complete control and ended up comfortable and deserved the win

I have always championed John Buckley so I am as delighted as anyone to see that many more fans are seeing what I thought I saw a few seasons ago when he made his debut at Hillsborough. I think one reason fans have trouble is that he doesn't loo like our idea of a footballer. He seems to be too slight and be all thin arms and legs. It was somewhat ironic yesterday than in what was probably his best game for Rovers he got an assist for a richochet off his arse for the goal.

Conversely I have struggled to accept that Joe Rothwell is our most creative player. I think he has only occasionally imposed himself on a game for more than a few minutes and too often his long mazy runs have produced no end result. Yesterday was another of those occasions when he was more consistent and particularly his defensive game was more on show. There was one complete brain fade in the first half when he stood and let Harry Pickering defend against two but overall a great performance.

It was frustrating to see us get three yellow cards for timewasting near the end, for Dolan meaning he is on 4 for the season and one away from a suspension. How the referee deemed Nyambe was time wasting with his throw in I don't know, as he usually takes that long when we're losing.

Did we not just pass the cut off point for a bookings ban? I maybe wrong but sure we did

• Like 1