BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

Brilliant win today and a comfortable performance against a depleted Stoke who offered next to nothing.

Buckley had by far his best player in a Rovers shirt, and the back 3 were all superb, as were Rothwell and Travis.

Poorest players were Brereton and Khadra, with the former looking shattered and like the player we saw 2 or 3 years ago, and Khadra lost the ball everytime but then scored the winner from nowhere so certainly has a reason to pat himself on the back, Dolan offered energy when he came on.

Fair play to Mowbray too, he is doing an excellent job this season and he deserves the credit for that.

Such a shame that the owners are going to allow the core of this side to depart very soon.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Superb win and up to fourth!! Buckley was superb. Need to sign him up on long term deal. Hes growing every game. Khadra and Van Hecke also had good games along with Rothwell. Now a week to rest and a derby coming up.

I thought we did sign Buckley up long term this summer. I wish we would do more 4 year with a 1 year option deals on young players whose wages aren't that high and look likely to improve though. Would reduce the pressure on our contract negotiations. Probably easier to get them to sign, plus longer before we have to renegotiate.

Credit to the manager and players. My happiness is tempered by a few things, most of all, the apparent low standard of the league. Our backup CB is currently Bradley Johnson and there's barely a hope of survival should the unimaginable happen and we get promoted.

But, really good to see Buckley doing well after so much criticism and, in fact, doing well both offensively and defensively, when he was dismissed by some as too weak for this level. 

Also, glad that Lenihan is having a run of form. He might be leaving but he's been a good servant for the club and fans.

Hope the run can keep going.

Edited by riverholmes

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

Credit to the manager and players. My happiness is tempered by a few things, most of all, the apparent dire standard of the league. Our backup CB is currently Bradley Johnson and there's barely a hope of survival should the unimaginable happen and we get promoted.

But, really good to see Buckley doing well after so much criticism and, in fact, doing well both offensively and defensively, when he was dismissed by some as too weak for this level.

Also, glad that Lenihan is having a run of form. He might be leaving but he's been a good servant for the club and fans.

Hope the run can keep going.

That should be the least of our worries considering our constant dalliances with FFP and that we're £140m in debt.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brilliant win today and a comfortable performance against a depleted Stoke who offered next to nothing.

Buckley had by far his best player in a Rovers shirt, and the back 3 were all superb, as were Rothwell and Travis.

Poorest players were Brereton and Khadra, with the former looking shattered and like the player we saw 2 or 3 years ago, and Khadra lost the ball everytime but then scored the winner from nowhere so certainly has a reason to pat himself on the back, Dolan offered energy when he came on.

Fair play to Mowbray too, he is doing an excellent job this season and he deserves the credit for that.

Such a shame that the owners are going to allow the core of this side to depart very soon.

Agree with all of that. On to Preston, should be a cracker. 

1 minute ago, booth said:

That should be the least of our worries considering our constant dalliances with FFP and that we're £140m in debt.

Absolutely. Promotion and subsequent relegation would still be a roaring triumph. We would have no trouble securing assets, and it would give us a fresh 3 year FFP cycle with far more financial clout. Look at how the relegated sides have done this season. Plenty of opportunity to go straight back up if it happened, with that extra muscle. Being a yoyo club for a bit can help make your side strong enough to eventually stay up.

• Like 4

That Stoke performance the worst I can remember seeing for a long time. They were beyond shit. It was a horrible scrappy game and I don’t think we were at our best but to come away with a 1-0 win away from home is an absolutely huge result.

Buckley was our best player today by a mile, his drive and calmness on the ball and the ability to go past there players at ease was huge for us. Rothwell excellent before he came off also. 4th in the league you can’t not give credit to the players and even Tony for our current form. Maybe if we keep winning now, when we lose 5 on the bounce in February we might still be in the top six anyway 😂😂 COYB

• Like 4

Just now, bluebruce said:

Absolutely. Promotion and subsequent relegation would still be a roaring triumph. We would have no trouble securing assets, and it would give us a fresh 3 year FFP cycle with far more financial clout. Look at how the relegated sides have done this season. Plenty of opportunity to go straight back up if it happened, with that extra muscle. Being a yoyo club for a bit can help make your side strong enough to eventually stay up.

And, more importantly, make us more attractive for a prospective buyer.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Watched it all. Every minute. I don't remember any passes that were brilliant...can you again inform me? Lenihans ball to Dolan in the second half was brilliant.

Majority of the board say Buckley played well,guess we are all idiots and you are right with your "superior knowledge"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Watched it all. Every minute. I don't remember any passes that were brilliant...can you again inform me? Lenihans ball to Dolan in the second half was brilliant.

Tbf you have painted yourself into a corner re Buckley if you can't see a good footballer when it's staring you in the face that's your thing not everyone elses

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Always one 🙄

So because I don't think he was worthy of the praise some on here are giving you have an issue. What would you rate him out of 10 today then? He quietly went about his business and I didn't criticise him but it wasn't that impressive at all.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

the chicken mob could potentially do an oyston,grab the money and then retreat back into the shadows,nothing would surprise me with that lot

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Majority of the board say Buckley played well,guess we are all idiots and you are right with your "superior knowledge"

Don't think so...just all his backers pipe up when he hasn't been shit. No shots on target, no shots at goal, no assists, no memorable moments...lauded into next week 😂😂😂😂

Just now, BigBar said:

Don't think so...just all his backers pipe up when he hasn't been shit. No shots on target, no shots at goal, no assists, no memorable moments...lauded into next week 😂😂😂😂

I've not normally been a backer, in fact I thought he was poor when he first came in. But the improvement is there for all to see. Who was a better player on the park today?

• Like 2