BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

22 minutes ago, oozy said:

I know we should just be grateful at being in the playoffs but looking forward, is automatic promotion something we should be looking at? 

Fulham and Bournemouth are playing each other next. Win against PNE and the game against Bournemouth becomes a real 6 pointer. Win that and we'd be 3 points behind.

Imagine saying that 3 weeks ago, when we were 14 points behind and had just been thrashed 7-0! 

I love this but as a wise man once said…. Calm the F**k down. 😂😂

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you think of your manager Michael O'Neill and his tactics? 

What your view on Sawyers?

MON still has credit in the bank but he’s frustrating, on the one hand cautious and reluctant to change things but also won’t add any steel in the midfield for some bizarre reason. Today wasn’t a good day to judge our tactics because of the injuries we have, we played some super quick passing football earlier in the season and scored some lovely goals from it.

Sawyers is talented but so flaky. Waste of a shirt today, I think the fact he got MoM from our corporates has to have been someone on a wind-up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PotterLog said:

MON still has credit in the bank but he’s frustrating, on the one hand cautious and reluctant to change things but also won’t add any steel in the midfield for some bizarre reason. Today wasn’t a good day to judge our tactics because of the injuries we have, we played some super quick passing football earlier in the season and scored some lovely goals from it.

Sawyers is talented but so flaky. Waste of a shirt today, I think the fact he got MoM from our corporates has to have been someone on a wind-up.

Couldn’t believe that when it was announced. He was the worst player on the pitch today and your lot had a lot of nominees for that. Bad day at the office for you but you’ll be stronger when you get those injured lads back. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Thanks for reply. 

Think O'Neill is good manager. 

Who are you missing who would have started today? 

Do you think you will strengthen in January?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I didn't watch the game.  However, it's obvious Bucko has improved into the beginning of this season, looks a bit stronger and had added versatility to his game.

I do think some come on specifically to antagonise the ones who aren't as impressed with him....

If he can add a few goals and assists then we have a decent player.

Did you not see his beautiful assist today?!

15 minutes ago, Butty said:

Couldn’t believe that when it was announced. He was the worst player on the pitch today and your lot had a lot of nominees for that. Bad day at the office for you but you’ll be stronger when you get those injured lads back. 

I hope not!

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I thought we did sign Buckley up long term this summer. I wish we would do more 4 year with a 1 year option deals on young players whose wages aren't that high and look likely to improve though. Would reduce the pressure on our contract negotiations. Probably easier to get them to sign, plus longer before we have to renegotiate.

For all the (justified!) uproar about the current out-of-contract players (I'm keeping some optimism that they'll be more keen to sign as this season rolls along. Clearly some good spirit in this team), there have been some good extensions of late among our younger players: Buckley, Dolan, Edun, Wharton, and Carter are all signed up to 2024 + an option year, a year to forget so far for JRC but he's signed up to 2024, Pickering and Garrett up to 2025.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Absolutely. Promotion and subsequent relegation would still be a roaring triumph. We would have no trouble securing assets, and it would give us a fresh 3 year FFP cycle with far more financial clout. Look at how the relegated sides have done this season. Plenty of opportunity to go straight back up if it happened, with that extra muscle. Being a yoyo club for a bit can help make your side strong enough to eventually stay up.

A minor point, but note that surviving one year in the PL is important as immediate relegation means only 2 years of parachute payments.

A key fact for Huddersfield (their mid-table first year was an absolute miracle after being a pretty mediocre playoff winner...) and Sheffield United. However, those are both cases where the state of your ownership is also a key factor, as apparently neither are in a position to fully train their parachute payments to (Huddersfield having to guarantee some payback for their old owners, SHU dealing with ownership turmoil...)

Anyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves 🙂

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

How? I said he has improved so I don't just hammer the lad...I expect more for someone when people act as another poster pointer out it's like the second coming of David Silva. It's turned into a "I'm right and you're wrong" debate now...so pointless to even continue.

To me it seems its not just that you constantly point out his assists ( another one today btw) and how he should be doing more whilst discounting goal involvements and things like that. Todays goals a perfect example of how flawed that argument it is today's goes down as his assist when in truth it was decent closing down and luck. Yet if he wins the ball high up which he  often does plays in say dolan who squares it to a striker  to score its not an assist but an involvement but he did more than the man getting the assist. If seen him do this on more than one occasion this season.

• Like 3

He didn’t start today but I can’t help feel Dolan’s work ethic and personality is rubbing off on others. He works his socks off, and even without him today we played like a team without the ball.
With the talk of “gegenpressing” as Rangnick is looking like the United boss, I love that we’re sort of moulding into that, like the Bielsa Leeds side in the Championship. Not having loads of possession but as soon as we lose it we press to force the mistake and then use pacey, entertaining forwards to take advantage. 

I can forgive a lot in Rovers side if they work their socks off, and when we have that we get rewarded like today (albeit it felt like a poor Stoke performance despite their position)

• Like 7

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Big Ben should have gone with his left foot with that chip in the first half. Going with the outside of his right foot made it much more difficult. He should have put the laces through that one at the end, like he did with that chance the other day.

He didn't have a good day. Hopefully he's saving it for Preston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the chicken mob could potentially do an oyston,grab the money and then retreat back into the shadows,nothing would surprise me with that lot

No they couldn’t do what Oyston did, he stole £22m in hard cash and was made to repay it all, every single penny and costs and indeed they were ordered to sell a number of assets because they didn’t find the cash😂