BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

2 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Tbf you have painted yourself into a corner re Buckley if you can't see a good footballer when it's staring you in the face that's your thing not everyone elses

How? I said he has improved so I don't just hammer the lad...I expect more for someone when people act as another poster pointer out it's like the second coming of David Silva. It's turned into a "I'm right and you're wrong" debate now...so pointless to even continue.

I didn't watch the game.  However, it's obvious Bucko has improved into the beginning of this season, looks a bit stronger and had added versatility to his game.

I do think some come on specifically to antagonise the ones who aren't as impressed with him....

If he can add a few goals and assists then we have a decent player.

• Like 9

Just now, BigBar said:

How? I said he has improved so I don't just hammer the lad...I expect more for someone when people act as another poster pointer out it's like the second coming of David Silva. It's turned into a "I'm right and you're wrong" debate now...so pointless to even continue.

Who has even compared him to David Silva? People are just applauding a MOTM performance!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I didn't watch the game.  However, it's obvious Bucko has improved into the beginning of this season, looks a bit stronger and had added versatility to his game.

I do think some come on specifically to antagonise the ones who aren't as impressed with him....

Oh look a fair assessment...get him!! 100% accurate.

I know we should just be grateful at being in the playoffs but looking forward, is automatic promotion something we should be looking at? 

Fulham and Bournemouth are playing each other next. Win against PNE and the game against Bournemouth becomes a real 6 pointer. Win that and we'd be 3 points behind.

Imagine saying that 3 weeks ago, when we were 14 points behind and had just been thrashed 7-0! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Don't think so...just all his backers pipe up when he hasn't been shit. No shots on target, no shots at goal, no assists, no memorable moments...lauded into next week 😂😂😂😂

Harsh. The game isn't just about those things, especially for a CM, but he played a spot-on through ball to BBD who should have buried it. I'd consider that a memorable moment, and if Diaz was in his usual mood he would have had an assist. I'm not one of his backers btw, last season I thought he was mostly a liability.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sparks come on. You said Stefan Mols (currently playing Step 7 football with Warrington Town) was miles ahead of Buckley and that Buckley would never make a player.

Yes, I think it was fair to have doubts about John, but you’d completely written him off and I think people have a right to give a little bit back for that personally.

He’s proven so many people wrong and we should all be really pleased that he has.

Edited by JoeH

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The guys on Radio Lancs were positively drooling over his performance today - their clear MOM

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oozy said:

I know we should just be grateful at being in the playoffs but looking forward, is automatic promotion something we should be looking at? 

Fulham and Bournemouth are playing each other next. Win against PNE and the game against Bournemouth becomes a real 6 pointer. Win that and we'd be 3 points behind.

Imagine saying that 3 weeks ago, when we were 14 points behind and had just been thrashed 7-0! 

I love the optimism!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the chicken mob could potentially do an oyston,grab the money and then retreat back into the shadows,nothing would surprise me with that lot

Possible. But I'd still take it if it meant wiping out most of our debt to them. That albatross around our necks worries me more every season no matter how good their intentions may or may not be.

It’s not a breach of rules or an insult in any way for me to reiterate that Stefan Mols is currently playing Step 7 football with Warrington Town and that John Buckley is smashing it with the 4th best team in the Championship 😀 mad how quickly things change!

Absolutely fantastic performance from Bucko, proving a lot of people wrong! Can’t not be proud of him.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It’s not a breach of rules or an insult in any way for me to reiterate that Stefan Mols is currently playing Step 7 football with Warrington Town and that John Buckley is smashing it with the 4th best team in the Championship 😀 mad how quickly things change!

Absolutely fantastic performance from Bucko, proving a lot of people wrong! Can’t not be proud of him.

And alot of people right 😉

I've not watched a full Rovers game this season before that, but Buckley looks extremely comfortable on the ball and very clearly has something about him that's rare at this level.

Him and Rothwell are both fantastic ball carrying, forward looking midfielders. Makes a huge difference to have 2 players like that, as our forwards, effective as they have been, are nothing like as technically gifted.

• Like 4