BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

A lot of smiles from the players. They all look really chuffed.

Rovers in 4th place, Stoke out of the play off spots.

Stoke commentators are gathering the nooses.

That Burnley reject Fletcher still a dosser.

Rovers and Mowbray deserve that.

Great and massive win!

• Like 7

Buckley was absolutely superb, I think that’s the best I’ve seen him play. Not just the neat passing and through balls but he’s so good at picking opponents pocket and little pressure tackles. 

Rothwell first half was also immense. Great work from the midfield 3.

Also a shout to the back 3. Lenihan was brilliant, looks a lot more comfortable in a 3. 

Well deserved win, hopefully Rothwell and Kaminski are okay as missing the two of them and Ayala would be a worry. 

Even better after hearing the hopeless commentators. One of the worst teams we’ve played this year, they didn’t have a midfield at all. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The entire back 5 defended fantastic and we're the cause of those 3 points. 

Excellent win. Comfortable from one perspective, however we really could and should have scored two or three and avoid the potential of a suckerpunch ending. So sloppy on the counter.

Yes it was a sensational defensive performance. The back three were brilliant, as were the holding midfielders.

Going forward we opened them up frequently but failed over and over again with the final ball or finish. Goal was a relatively lucky pot shot 

Buckley was truly brilliant. Reckon he's got a couple more gears to go through too.

Got the brutal Christmas schedule to come. But the hope continues to grow!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

That commentatort that said "Blackburn are not a good side" - just done your lot at home mate and made it look easy too!

If we are not a good side, what are the 20 teams below us (including Stoke, who we just bummed)?

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

If we are not a good side, what are the 20 teams below us (including Stoke, who we just bummed)?

Infuriated me when he said that at the time. Thats the 'fan'coming out when he is meant to be a professional commentator. We were 1 pointbehind them at start, so how does that make us not a good side but Stoke a good side?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Infuriated me when he said that at the time. Thats the 'fan'coming out when he is meant to be a professional commentator. We were 1 pointbehind them at start, so how does that make us not a good side but Stoke a good side?

I think exactly the point he was making was that Stoke aren't a good side either

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Buckley was truly brilliant. Reckon he's got a couple more gears to go through too.

Got the brutal Christmas schedule to come. But the hope continues to grow!

Agree on Buckley, I was thinking during the game that I reckon there is more to come with him. I think spending more consistent time in his natural position is really helping and he has adjusted to the pace of the league. He has toughened up a bit, not getting bullied so much and become a real threat at nicking the ball. He's a clever player and I think the more he plays the better he will read the game and the more consistent those through balls will get.

Also agree the Christmas schedule will be a serious test for this young, thin squad.

• Like 4

It wasn't easy on the eye but can't fault a single player in yellow today, and I must say I thought Mowbray got this spot on too including his usage of Dolan.

I feared the worst when Kaminski came off but credit where its due, Pears did just fine including a cracking save. Still, hope Kaminski isn't out for long, not sure how he got injured there?

Another biggie next week now, Preston with a good result today too and will put up a fight.

Whens the last time we were as high as 4th? 😳

11 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Piss and shit bag of wank. We're going nowhere. Shite game decided by a crap mistake and a good shot. 

That's about all I've got in me for a Stoke perspective review. Congratulations to you lot like, deserved the points 🙂😑

Well at least your soon to depart chief exec will have a smile on his face 🙂  wonder if he cheered when we scored

2 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

I think exactly the point he was making was that Stoke aren't a good side either

Not really, he followed it up by saying if Stoke attacked the Rovers defence they are a soft touch. I mean he's not wrong usually but today and against Peterborough, defence looked pretty good. Just a shame we had to lose Ayala the other night and today Kaminski.

Just now, Ossydave said:

It wasn't easy on the eye but can't fault a single player in yellow today, and I must say I thought Mowbray got this spot on too including his usage of Dolan.

I feared the worst when Kaminski came off but credit where its due, Pears did just fine including a cracking save. Still, hope Kaminski isn't out for long, not sure how he got injured there?

Another biggie next week now, Preston with a good result today too and will put up a fight.

Whens the last time we were as high as 4th? 😳

Opening day we're normally in the top 3. Before kick-off, mind.

10 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Piss and shit bag of wank. We're going nowhere. Shite game decided by a crap mistake and a good shot. 

That's about all I've got in me for a Stoke perspective review. Congratulations to you lot like, deserved the points 🙂😑

What do you think of your manager Michael O'Neill and his tactics? 

What your view on Sawyers?