BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

11 hours ago, Silas said:

No way I want that much time wasted microanalysing a fairly subjective incident. 

I could completely understand it if the defender had really barged the player, but the attacker ran into him.

It had taken long enough to establish Watkins hadn't touched the ball. Farce to then go back and get not one, but two, ref opinions on basically a non incident miles from the active ball. 

Was it not the defender who ran into the attacker. Or as I saw it the attacker who was coming back from an off-side position deliberately blocked a defender from getting back into a defensive position. It happens a lot at practiced set pieces.

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, rigger said:

Was it not the defender who ran into the attacker. Or as I saw it the attacker who was coming back from an off-side position deliberately blocked a defender from getting back into a defensive position. It happens a lot at practiced set pieces.

Ah crap, yeah I've got it wrong way round.

My gripe is one was practically stationary the other player ran into him, and that discounts the goal.

You start officiating that and they'll be a couple on just about every corner goal scored, both attackers and defenders blocking off paths.

Just stupid to start analyzing that imo, particularly a fair distance from the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

Ah crap, yeah I've got it wrong way round.

My gripe is one was practically stationary the other player ran into him, and that discounts the goal.

You start officiating that and they'll be a couple on just about every corner goal scored, both attackers and defenders blocking off paths.

Just stupid to start analyzing that imo, particularly a fair distance from the ball. 

To compound the confussion, the keeper took the free-kick from the edge of the six yard box.

It was offside.

If a goalkeeper was back-peddling to tip a cross over the bar and he ran into a player stood behind him who was offside then it would clearly be an offside.

If a defender is running back and a guy is stood in an offside position and stops the defender having a chance of getting to the ball (either because he stands in his way or makes the defender run around with him, then the offside player is clearly interfering with play.

From the laws:-

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

When you actually look at it like that the offside decision is clearly correct.

What IS a shambles is VAR doesn't have to explain the decision. If a report was published after each match as to WHY each decision VAR  looked at was given or not given it would be a lot clearer for the fans.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The obvious solution. Maybe less than 60 seconds. Players standing around and fans not knowing what's going on for that length of time is ridiculous.  

Talksport today agreeing with you, they're suggesting 45 secs. 

Will never happen, but it's nice to dream. Would certainly eliminate all the faffing around which frustrates everyone, both in the ground and at home. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I didnt think it was a foul necessarily, but an offside player was clearly interfering with play in my opinion. 

They were no.offside given or decision on that player. That's the point. It was VAR getting involved for no reason and finds reason not to give it. Over 3 and half minutes VAR took last night. Unacceptable 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

They were no.offside given or decision on that player. That's the point. It was VAR getting involved for no reason and finds reason not to give it. Over 3 and half minutes VAR took last night. Unacceptable 

For no reason? The reason was that a player stood in an offside position was interfering play. The initial decision prior to VAR was incorrect.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

For no reason? The reason was that a player stood in an offside position was interfering play. The initial decision prior to VAR was incorrect.

But VAR never gave that as the reason for the goal being disallowed tho. They wanted Ref on the pitch to decide whether it was foul or not on Cavani otherwise the goal would have stood

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But VAR never gave that as the reason for the goal being disallowed tho. They wanted Ref on the pitch to decide whether it was foul or not on Cavani otherwise the goal would have stood

As I state above, they  gave it for offside on the guy who Cavani ran in to. The ref looked at the monitor to decide if the player was interfering.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12513373/man-utd-vs-aston-villa-steven-gerrard-points-to-length-of-var-check-after-danny-ings-strike-disallowed

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

Simon Jordan talking some sense.

Although he does focus too much about just the money. What about the fan experience too?

Why the hell should Boro fans miss out on watching a massive home cup tie because of Chelsea. 

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

Simon Jordan talking some sense.

Although he does focus too much about just the money. What about the fan experience too?

Why the hell should Boro fans miss out on watching a massive home cup tie because of Chelsea. 

And it sounds like that pillock Jim 'Venkys we're coming for you' White get put in his place too.

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And it sounds like that pillock Jim 'Venkys we're coming for you' White get put in his place too.

Yeah, he's a tool.

Tbf, that's just their schtick now, arguing with each other.

They won best radio show award last week:

talkSPORT’s White & Jordan was named audio and radio show, the judges praising a ‘show aimed at and perfectly serving a passionate football audience with incisive and intelligent perspectives on the national game’.

I do like listening to Jordan, some of his insights about club ownership are very interesting,  having been there, done it, and lost £50 odd million in the process. 

And I love it when he sticks it to the agents, mainly Mino Raiola. That man is a scourge on the sport. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silas said:

Yeah, he's a tool.

Tbf, that's just their schtick now, arguing with each other.

They won best radio show award last week:

talkSPORT’s White & Jordan was named audio and radio show, the judges praising a ‘show aimed at and perfectly serving a passionate football audience with incisive and intelligent perspectives on the national game’.

I do like listening to Jordan, some of his insights about club ownership are very interesting,  having been there, done it, and lost £50 odd million in the process. 

And I love it when he sticks it to the agents, mainly Mino Raiola. That man is a scourge on the sport. 

Talksport is like experts talking when they been in the pub a few hours. I like it 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

Their arrogance is astounding. The statement from Middlesbrough is the perfect riposte.

https://news.sky.com/story/chelsea-ask-for-fa-cup-game-to-be-played-behind-closed-doors-as-club-not-allowed-to-sell-tickets-12566765

The double standards on show are astounding in every way. Chelsea sanctioned because their owner has a Russian Passport yet the owners of Newcastle are committing actual genocide and it's all fine. 

What a joke our society is. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The double standards on show are astounding in every way. Chelsea sanctioned because their owner has a Russian Passport yet the owners of Newcastle are committing actual genocide and it's all fine. 

What a joke our society is. 

It’s their country their rules and not our society it has no bearing how we live our lives 

Edited by 1864roverite

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

and is not our country either

Neither are Russia and Ukraine.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

And by the way, things that happen in other parts of the world have a massive bearing on the UK and it's society. 

Edited by Upside Down

Both Man City, Liverpool, and their respective mayors have asked the FA to move the cup semi final away from Wembley. 

ESPN - cup semi final chaos

It's Easter weekend, and due to rail works there are no direct rains to London from either city. 

Will the FA move it, or make fans drive down in order to keep the revenue flowing to Wembley stadium?

It seems absolutely daft not to move it, but this is the FA. They could play the game at any number of grounds; Old Trafford, Elland Road, Villa Park, Goodison, Ewood(!) to name some stadiums close by. 

I don't think that Wembley should have ever been rebuilt. They should have used the money to make decent grass roots facilities all over the country and make England game travelling roadshow whereby people from all over would not have to travel far to see a game.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Both Man City, Liverpool, and their respective mayors have asked the FA to move the cup semi final away from Wembley. 

ESPN - cup semi final chaos

It's Easter weekend, and due to rail works there are no direct rains to London from either city. 

Will the FA move it, or make fans drive down in order to keep the revenue flowing to Wembley stadium?

It seems absolutely daft not to move it, but this is the FA. They could play the game at any number of grounds; Old Trafford, Elland Road, Villa Park, Goodison, Ewood(!) to name some stadiums close by. 

I don't think that Wembley should have ever been rebuilt. They should have used the money to make decent grass roots facilities all over the country and make England game travelling roadshow whereby people from all over would not have to travel far to see a game.

The question of moving the game and putting pressure on the FA has just been brought up in PMQ's. Johnson tried his usual unfunny remark basically saying I couldn't give a toss. The question included a comment about the environment and the emissions from thousands of cars making a 400+ mile round trip. The FA are supposed to be guardians of the game but in truth, as you say the money from a sell out Wembley trumps anything else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The question of moving the game and putting pressure on the FA has just been brought up in PMQ's. Johnson tried his usual unfunny remark basically saying I couldn't give a toss. The question included a comment about the environment and the emissions from thousands of cars making a 400+ mile round trip. The FA are supposed to be guardians of the game but in truth, as you say the money from a sell out Wembley trumps anything else.

I know it won't happen in a million years, but wouldn't it be funny if all the fans boycotted the wembley semi-final.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...