BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

Happy days for Waggott with Birmingham going through. Will probably put an extra 2000 on the gate with no effort at all required. Cheap tickets might see that number even higher.

Never mind maximising chances of progression in the competition, all about hitting his targets.

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It’s probable that there will be cheap tickets now. Steve said at the Fans Forum last week that Forest Green would probably have wanted to make some money but he expected he could do a deal with Big Club.

Wouldn't be surprised then to see claims at the next forum meeting that he wanted to do such a deal but Birmingham refused. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, superniko said:

There’s going to be a minimum of 7 non-Prem teams in the last 16 looking at the draw, more if we get a few upsets in the next round

Have to go all out full strength against Birmingham

100%, with 9 days after the game to Wigan and 7 days prior.

I doubt he will go full strength unfortunately.

Edited by roversfan99

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What does strong mean ? We don’t know our best team or our best way of playing - again.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

100%, with 9 days after the game to Wigan and 7 days prior.

I doubt he will go full strength unfortunately.

I agree , this not playing your best team for cup games , is a get out for managers..

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Tenner a ticket, fair enough.

And they’ve closed the Riverside to start with, so at least no weeks of hand wringing à la the Forest game.

received an email this morning as a season ticket holder telling me to hurry up and claim my seat in the riverside by friday,they are apparently expecting it to be busy🤣the term "don`t know my a**r from my elbow" seems applicable when it comes to rovers in it`s current guise

• Like 2

I'd prefer it to be a local derby v Blackpool with a decent crowd and atmosphere with 3 points at stake.

Winnable game though but i'd be turning out the youngest team again let them get the experience and hopefully gel.  I think some might have been stung by the Forest game though and our football is poor at the best of times so about 6k home fans i reckon.

They are putting on free coaches and bringing thousands so again the fat controller will be happy when he presents a 10k crowd figure to Pune.

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Winnable game though but i'd be turning out the youngest team again let them get the experience and hopefully gel.

The carrot waiting in the next round may well be a Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal away which would reap over £1million in revenue for Rovers.

That’s the equivalent to our 8000 season ticket holders paying an extra £125 for their ticket.

As we’ve no money, we’re hampered by FFP, promotion this season wasn’t the aim and we always try and squeeze all we can from our remaining loyal fan base , why would you not put your best team out to try and scoop £1,000,000 we currently don’t have.

Or would we rather blood some youngsters for a project 2 years down the line and instead fleece that money from the diehards?

A weakened side would make no sense to me.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The carrot waiting in the next round may well be a Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal away which would reap over £1million in revenue for Rovers.

That’s the equivalent to our 8000 season ticket holders paying an extra £125 for their ticket.

As we’ve no money, we’re hampered by FFP, promotion this season wasn’t the aim and we always try and squeeze all we can from our remaining loyal fan base , why would you not put your best team out to try and scoop £1,000,000 we currently don’t have.

Or would we rather blood some youngsters for a project 2 years down the line and instead fleece that money from the diehards?

A weakened side would make no sense to me.

And there's just as much chance of another bum tie and there are no more guarantees of a win with a full side. We rotate that much it really doesn't make much difference anyway but i'd much rather keep the better players safe.

We can still get a plumb tie if the second string win.

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And there's just as much chance of another bum tie and there are no more guarantees of a win with a full side. We rotate that much it really doesn't make much difference anyway but i'd much rather keep the better players safe.

We can still get a plumb tie if the second string win.

If we get a bum tie we will just have to settle for the £120k prize money for reaching the 5th round plus whatever gate receipts we get.

Either money is a big issue with us trying to be competitive, or it isn’t. If we have a decent chance of a windfall,  be it £1mill, £500k or even 300k, then we should be aiming to ensure we give ourselves the best chance of getting that cash. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

Yeah it might pay the rent on the training ground but it won't be going into the team so i really don't see the fuss anymore.

Promotion is the only money maker we should be interested in and lets be honest here there is more chance of a day out at Wembley in the play offs than a cup final or semi for us.   Plus that would also bring in a nice windfall so all the full focus should be on that.

Anything else is a bonus, like a cup run with a raw side for example.

• Like 1