BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

16 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I look forward to him scoring in the next century.

We need a natural goal scorer who scores on a regular basis to replace Diaz who is off in the Summer on a free transfer. Its as if he can't be bothered these days. His last goal came before the World cup. Gallaghers not much better, a goal every 10 or so games.

A very steady and composed performance from Jason Steele today. Looked a totally different keeper to the shaky one we saw play for Rovers. Good coaching goes a long way, as well as being part of a serious set up.

Brighton play some excellent football and are good to watch. They are capable of beating any of the big sides on their day. Forget hoping we get them in the next round (if we get through, of course), they would wipe the floor with us.

I admire the way in which they have found these relatively unknown gems and built a handy side off the back of them. Estupinian, Caicedo, McAllister, Mitoma. The latter looks a steal. That is real scouting.

In terms of potential next round opponents, our best chance of progressing, IMO, would be drawing one of Bristol City, Luton, Stoke or Sheff Wednesday. Preferably at home. Provided we all make it through, as a couple of those have replays too.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

A real glamour tie at home to Leeds!

Surely United/City or as easy a tie as possible.

I enjoyed watching Brighton and Leeds play. different styles but enjoyable to watch plus likely we would be on TV if we draw either at home which generates more money for the club

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Liverpool's season goes from bad to worse. Ha ha. I think klopp's time is coming to an end

Liverpool need to invest in signings in Midfield and Klopp knows that. He wants Bellingham and someone else in the summer I read. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I enjoyed watching Brighton and Leeds play. different styles but enjoyable to watch plus likely we would be on TV if we draw either at home which generates more money for the club

Liverpool need to invest in signings in Midfield and Klopp knows that. He wants Bellingham and someone else in the summer I read. 

If you want a glamour tie on TV, surely a big tie that 100% will be on TV would be preferable ie City or United, allowing you to watch players of the ilk of De Bruyne and Haaland or Rashford and Casemiro in the process, with a bigger crowd.

If he priority is progression, surely you want to avoid Premier League teams.

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A very steady and composed performance from Jason Steele today. Looked a totally different keeper to the shaky one we saw play for Rovers. Good coaching goes a long way, as well as being part of a serious set up.

Brighton play some excellent football and are good to watch. They are capable of beating any of the big sides on their day. Forget hoping we get them in the next round (if we get through, of course), they would wipe the floor with us.

I admire the way in which they have found these relatively unknown gems and built a handy side off the back of them. Estupinian, Caicedo, McAllister, Mitoma. The latter looks a steal. That is real scouting.

In terms of potential next round opponents, our best chance of progressing, IMO, would be drawing one of Bristol City, Luton, Stoke or Sheff Wednesday. Preferably at home. Provided we all make it through, as a couple of those have replays too.

They should have taken advice from Venkys and allowed the likes of Cucurella etc to run their contracts down.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No chance of Bellingham if they don't get in the champions league 

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you want a glamour tie on TV, surely a big tie that 100% will be on TV would be preferable ie City or United, allowing you to watch players of the ilk of De Bruyne and Haaland or Rashford and Casemiro in the process, with a bigger crowd.

If he priority is progression, surely you want to avoid Premier League teams.

I stick with Leeds or Brighton. 

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

There must have been something more to that Sheff United red card, as I couldn’t see a thing on the replay…

It was before the replay they are (keep) replaying.

Wrexham's Mullen looks a better player than either Gallagher or Vale! Not hard i guess.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I stick with Leeds or Brighton. 

If we played Brighton at home they'd beat us around 5-1 like they did Middlesbrough and it'd be a reminder of a) what we were, they're similar to us 2005-2008 and b) how far we've fallen. Bit like when West Ham hammered us at home a few years ago.

Not for me thanks.

1 minute ago, frosty said:

If we played Brighton at home they'd beat us around 5-1 like they did Middlesbrough and it'd be a reminder of a) what we were, they're similar to us 2005-2008 and b) how far we've fallen. Bit like when West Ham hammered us at home a few years ago.

Not for me thanks.

And all in front of about 10,000 fans.

• Like 2

Wrexham v Sheffield United was a really good watch and the most redeeming feature for me was none of this trendy playing out from the back risky football that bores me. Give me the type of football I have seen here any time although the football snobs might turn their noses up at it. Goals from set pieces, long throws and great intensity.

• Like 9