BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

Had this pile of tripe this evening from the EFL regarding the postponement:

Hello ####

Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your frustrations in respect of the postponement of the Hull City v Blackburn Rovers fixture.

We sympathise with any supporters that had their matchday plans disrupted, and recognise that festive travelling is challenging at the best of times. Postponements for any reason are usually difficult decisions, and therefore Clubs are required to meet specific protocol when declaring any fixture cannot be fulfilled. In relation to any matches postponed for COVID reasons, principally Clubs are expected to do everything they can to fulfil a fixture, and if not they are required to explain the circumstances involved, in line with EFL regulations.

As you will be aware Hull City informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixture due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad, and the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement. Of course, Clubs have been working in line with the required protocols all season, and most recently in respect of the Omicron variant, have been navigating positive cases across a range of circumstances. It is for each respective Club to inform the League if they cannot fulfil a fixture, and individual Club circumstances will be different in regard to COVID fixture suspensions, therefore consideration of all those factors will be reviewed by the League.

However Clubs have recently been advised that pre-matchday testing can assist in alleviating uncertainty and lessening any potential impact on any supporters of the Clubs involved, and in addition the EFL will continue to assist affected Clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff, while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

Finally, for any supporters impacted by the postponement we recommend contacting Blackburn Rovers to understand any ticketing arrangements in light of the re-arranged fixture in due course.

Thank you for contacting the EFL

Regards

Jessica  

Supporter Services Department

EFL

It made me go all Greta Thunberg...BLAH BLAH BLACKBURN ROVERS don't matter to the EFL..BLAH BLAH

8 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Had this pile of tripe this evening from the EFL regarding the postponement:

Hello ####

Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your frustrations in respect of the postponement of the Hull City v Blackburn Rovers fixture.

We sympathise with any supporters that had their matchday plans disrupted, and recognise that festive travelling is challenging at the best of times. Postponements for any reason are usually difficult decisions, and therefore Clubs are required to meet specific protocol when declaring any fixture cannot be fulfilled. In relation to any matches postponed for COVID reasons, principally Clubs are expected to do everything they can to fulfil a fixture, and if not they are required to explain the circumstances involved, in line with EFL regulations.

As you will be aware Hull City informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixture due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad, and the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement. Of course, Clubs have been working in line with the required protocols all season, and most recently in respect of the Omicron variant, have been navigating positive cases across a range of circumstances. It is for each respective Club to inform the League if they cannot fulfil a fixture, and individual Club circumstances will be different in regard to COVID fixture suspensions, therefore consideration of all those factors will be reviewed by the League.

However Clubs have recently been advised that pre-matchday testing can assist in alleviating uncertainty and lessening any potential impact on any supporters of the Clubs involved, and in addition the EFL will continue to assist affected Clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff, while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

Finally, for any supporters impacted by the postponement we recommend contacting Blackburn Rovers to understand any ticketing arrangements in light of the re-arranged fixture in due course.

Regards

Jessica  

Supporter Services Department

EFL

It made me go all Greta Thunberg...BLAH BLAH BLACKBURN ROVERS don't matter to the EFL..BLAH BLAH

I got exactly the same. I have written back asking for a timeline of events amongst other things.

It's incredible to think when the patronising comments about supporters being the lifeblood of the game the alleged guardians of standards come out with deal like this.

Just got the very same reply ...

Hello,

Regards

Jessica 

Supporter Services Department

EFL

Please note our staff are working flexibly from home and the office – please continue to contact us via telephone and email.

https://apis.mail.aol.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-LL23DPflW9KEYrIBpHeN3tw9H71tYWq9qp7epcbL-EgpBArSKKIdFYTu3jleKGYBGH4nkLovJSeSm65J69qU1w/messages/@.id==AKeaO8QXe19BYc7AiQXIeL4mGr8/content/parts/@.id==2/thumbnail?appid=aolwebmail&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I got the exact same. Good to know they’re judging each complaint on its own merits.

They are just another lip service organisation who decided to come up with their Supporters Charter which essentially means you can write in with justification but we will patronise you and not answer your complaints.

I suggest everyone who gets the copy and paste reply writes again and again until they answer our questions.

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Rearranged for Wednesday the 19th.

Works pretty well for us, this. Hull play on the Sunday, so we have an extra day to prepare. Maybe more importantly, our next game is on the Monday evening against Boro, so we still get the best part of a week before we next play. 

Cardiff, Hull, Luton, Swansea coming up. Should be targetting maximum points from those.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Cardiff, Hull, Luton, Swansea coming up. Should be targetting maximum points from those.

Looks like we've got a pretty long run of fixtures which don't look massively intimidating, but equally there aren't too many that you'd put in the Peterborough, Barsnley, arguably Birmingham at home bracket either. Home games against pretty strong teams in Boro and Forest. Aways look easier, but still not straightforward either, especially if we're missing Brereton for a couple. 

Cardiff might be an exception - not great at the best of times and by far their most creative player has just returned to his parent club. Missing a few through suspension too, but even there they'll be looking to avenge the thumping they took at Ewood. 

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Rearranged for Wednesday the 19th.

Works pretty well for us, this. Hull play on the Sunday, so we have an extra day to prepare. Maybe more importantly, our next game is on the Monday evening against Boro, so we still get the best part of a week before we next play. 

wonder if it will be on the red button as it was down to be a tv game

I don't know if anyone who wrote to the EFL has pursued it any further but I did and the latest correspondence is below.

Hello Tony

Thank you for your additional email, we note your questions.

Of course, the EFL sympathises with those that were affected as a result of this change in fixture.

However, the EFL will not be commenting any further on specific circumstances regarding this fixture and any dialogue in this regard will remain between the EFL and its Clubs.

We continue to engage with Clubs to specifically to raise the issues around the postponement of fixtures.

I have responded again and asked to speak to whoever is dealing with this matter. I have also emailed Lynsey Talbot for any updates Rovers might have given Waggotts comments around an enquiry.

Personally I feel the response from the EFL shows the absolute disdain in which they hold supporters. I sense a cover up coming given the EFL's culpability in this farce.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't know if anyone who wrote to the EFL has pursued it any further but I did and the latest correspondence is below.

Hello Tony

Thank you for your additional email, we note your questions.

Of course, the EFL sympathises with those that were affected as a result of this change in fixture.

However, the EFL will not be commenting any further on specific circumstances regarding this fixture and any dialogue in this regard will remain between the EFL and its Clubs.

We continue to engage with Clubs to specifically to raise the issues around the postponement of fixtures.

I have responded again and asked to speak to whoever is dealing with this matter. I have also emailed Lynsey Talbot for any updates Rovers might have given Waggotts comments around an enquiry.

Personally I feel the response from the EFL shows the absolute disdain in which they hold supporters. I sense a cover up coming given the EFL's culpability in this farce.

For all the talk, fancy websites and the rest underneath it all they just want to brush fans off with standard copy and paste emails.

I hope you keep pressing them Tony as without it will just be brushed under the carpet until the next fiasco crops up.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

For all the talk, fancy websites and the rest underneath it all they just want to brush fans off with standard copy and paste emails.

I hope you keep pressing them Tony as without it will just be brushed under the carpet until the next fiasco crops up.

I subsequently wrote to Lynsey Talbot and got this from Paul Fielder.

Paul Fielder
11 Jan

Hi Tony

I’ve picked up your email and would be happy to give you some further information.

Whilst it may not provide all of the answers you are looking for I can certainly add to the conversation.

My understanding is that Hull had players with Covid prior to Christmas but were still prepared to play the game on Boxing Day. However after the morning tests, further players showed positive Covid results and therefore the game was cancelled at around lunchtime (I personally got the message at around 12:50pm).

As a club we had asked that the game still be played and called for the EFL to intervene. However the EFL sanctioned the postponement and immediately it was officially postponed we communicated this through the various channels.

Whilst this has been a frustrating sequence of events for all – including the club as we have missed out on vital TV revenue – we have resigned ourselves to the fact there is very little we can do but to move on and now look forward to playing the game on Wednesday 19th January.

As always we appreciate and thank all of our fans for their tremendous support and look forward to a positive second half of the season.

Kind Regards

Paul  

I have to say I'm annoyed and surprised that Rovers have just accepted this given Waggotts insistence that they were to ask the EFL for a full enquiry. And checking on Paul Fielders recent past I note that he worked recently for Hull City. The patronising 'tremendous support' is, I'm afraid just lip service.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I subsequently wrote to Lynsey Talbot and got this from Paul Fielder.

Paul Fielder
11 Jan

Hi Tony

I’ve picked up your email and would be happy to give you some further information.

Whilst it may not provide all of the answers you are looking for I can certainly add to the conversation.

My understanding is that Hull had players with Covid prior to Christmas but were still prepared to play the game on Boxing Day. However after the morning tests, further players showed positive Covid results and therefore the game was cancelled at around lunchtime (I personally got the message at around 12:50pm).

As a club we had asked that the game still be played and called for the EFL to intervene. However the EFL sanctioned the postponement and immediately it was officially postponed we communicated this through the various channels.

Whilst this has been a frustrating sequence of events for all – including the club as we have missed out on vital TV revenue – we have resigned ourselves to the fact there is very little we can do but to move on and now look forward to playing the game on Wednesday 19th January.

As always we appreciate and thank all of our fans for their tremendous support and look forward to a positive second half of the season.

Kind Regards

Paul  

That's pretty clear from a Rovers viewpoint. As we suspected, Hull are the culprits here, allowed to get away with it because of the dozy EFL testing regime which has now been amended.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

happy days about the Away games on Sky 

Was going to the WBA game if on a Saturday but now on Monday there is no chance I would go as most of the people I go with. 

Those two sentences completely contradict each other Chaddy. Surely you would prefer to go to the actual game rather than watch on telly?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Those two sentences completely contradict each other Chaddy. Surely you would prefer to go to the actual game rather than watch on telly?

Yes I would rather be at the game but with it being on a Monday night means the people I would usually do away games with have a family and work commitments during the working week. 

Like the Hull game at Boxing day we were there. But it was called off now it midweek the 2 people me and my missus went with can't do midweek away games for the 2 reasons above named. And I can't do midweek away games myself due to work commitments

Edited by chaddyrovers

Rovers will have a minimum of 2,500 supporters at Hull on Wednesday night, based upon the number of tickets that haven't been returned for a refund from the Boxing Day postponement.

I can only imagine that the figure will grow following today's results.

3,000 away on a Wednesday night, 100 miles away, would be a fabulous achievement.

I can't wait, let's rip the cheating buggers a new one!

COYB!!!

• Like 2