BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have no idea where football can go from here. I suppose they will have to do daily tests therefore ones on the day cannot really be avoided. From 10 Championship games today, 8 are off.

I don't think a circuit break works because that relies on Covid not being prevalent once the season restarts. The current system of playing as much as possible seems pointless when so many games are being called off, when can they be replayed? Unfair on fans potentially calling games off so late too. You can't do points per game as it is far too early to justify that. And to null and void the season would seem crazy too, unless the alternative is behind closed doors rubbish. There is no answer that I can see.

To be fair there there's quite a few midweek slots in the EFL calender available to play the postponed games, especially after the last international break.

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no,this new variant is just like a bad cold,runny nose and you feel slightly unwell,it appears the virus has become less dangerous but more virelant,it is however lethal to footballers,politicians and journalists😉

We don't know if this is true for older age groups.  We also don't know the impact of long covid from this variant.

Whilst clearly a ridiculous situation to be called off so close to 3pm, the finger of blame has to be pointed at the government and the footballing authorities for allowing these games to given the green light in the first place.  Johnson and his mates are making the same mistakes that were made in early 2020 when they allowed games to go ahead.  Shameful.

If it happened with your beloved England, you'd be up in arms. So disappointed to see you say that. 

I can only feel for those that have planned their boxing day around this fixture. Hull city should be docked points or us awarded them.

I really don't understand why people are angry with Hull. They have complied with the rules as they are laid out. The blame lies completely with the EFL who have allowed this farcical situation to arise without a single thought for the fans.

This postponement will cost Hull a lot of money through lost programme sales, corporate and hospitality cancellations, wasted food and my understanding is that the police need four hours notice to cancel their services.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I really don't understand why people are angry with Hull. They have complied with the rules as they are laid out. The blame lies completely with the EFL who have allowed this farcical situation to arise without a single thought for the fans.

This postponement will cost Hull a lot of money through lost programme sales, corporate and hospitality cancellations, wasted food and my understanding is that the police need four hours notice to cancel their services.

Hull only just complained to the EFl that they cannot feild a team. Why was this not done yesterday? Stinks of fould play to leave it to the least minute. 

10 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We don't know if this is true for older age groups.  We also don't know the impact of long covid from this variant.

Whilst clearly a ridiculous situation to be called off so close to 3pm, the finger of blame has to be pointed at the government and the footballing authorities for allowing these games to given the green light in the first place.  Johnson and his mates are making the same mistakes that were made in early 2020 when they allowed games to go ahead.  Shameful.

11 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

It’s faff all to do with Boris and the government it’s the FA who control it. This virus has to be lived with as it begins to die off just like Spanish flu did in 1918. We have to get on with everyday life. Ffs even smarmy Starmer and co agree on that point.,

• Like 3

Well I have the virus and so some it's like flue but for other much worse yes I had three jabs but my stroke has made fatguie worse however to leave it so late it's not good for the fans or the game as a whole better to have a break then we all know we're we are

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What would your suggestion as to an alternative to the current rules? Because of injuries being a grey area, it seems impossible to come up with rules that cannot be manipulated or questioned. Also, it could be deemed to be negligent not to do another round of testing on matchday if testing is daily in general and if players need to follow the same rules as supporters to get into the ground. Seems impossible to manage at the moment.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Hull only just complained to the EFl that they cannot feild a team. Why was this not done yesterday? Stinks of fould play to leave it to the least minute. 

Apparently they did ask for the game to be called off prior to today but the efl turned down the request due to Hull having enough numbers to play the game.

The fault is with the rule makers.Lfts as late as 2 and a half hours prior to kick off should not be happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

They did it because the EFL allows them to do it with their rules.There have been many games called off in similar situations but the clubs involved are simply being compliant. Testing at 10.30 is too late when you consider the results have be sent to the EFL who make the decision. If the players had been tested today at 8 am this (and other) situations could have been avoided.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What would your suggestion as to an alternative to the current rules? Because of injuries being a grey area, it seems impossible to come up with rules that cannot be manipulated or questioned. Also, it could be deemed to be negligent not to do another round of testing on matchday if testing is daily in general and if players need to follow the same rules as supporters to get into the ground. Seems impossible to manage at the moment.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Testing could be done earlier in the morning.12:30 is ridiculous.3 games were due to take place in the championship prior to our cancellation along with reduced matches in league one and two its not like they would have been over run dealing with clubs.Or you switch the managable distance games to a 5pm kick off.

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Apparently they did ask for the game to be called off prior to today but the efl turned down the request due to Hull having enough numbers to play the game.

The fault is with the rule makers.Lfts as late as 2 and a half hours prior to kick off should not be happening.

yeah, they were told to play theirs u23s. So why now has it been called off? Im so fckin pissed for those that travelled.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Injuries should not be a factor in this particular situation as it should solely be Covid related. I have never heard of a team having a game called off for injuries apart from Middlesbrough not turning up at Ewood in the late nineties.

It's simple. Test players on match days a few hours earlier than they are doing now. Burnley had two games off recently in similar circumstances to ours today but testing earlier could have led to a much earlier decision.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

i know a group of 20 that were travelling - they are rolally pissed off about this and can you blame them. THey will get offered their tickets for the reurn fixtture (except most probably can't go as this was a holiday game and they weren't working). 

• Like 1