BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

I’m assuming that being tested daily means, every 24 hours. Would it not have been possible to test the players at 3.00PM yesterday and if all was well at that point, the game goes ahead. Surely that’s an easy thing to do?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Testing could be done earlier in the morning.12:30 is ridiculous.3 games were due to take place in the championship prior to our cancellation along with reduced matches in league one and two its not like they would have been over run dealing with clubs.Or you switch the managable distance games to a 5pm kick off.

By all means test earlier which would have reduced the inconvenience to supporters, can't argue with that.

But the main issue is that it is the 8th of 10 games to be cancelled from the fixture list today, and that would have happened whether the tests were done first thing or not. This shows no sign of ending and I have no idea what the answer is to stop it.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Injuries should not be a factor in this particular situation as it should solely be Covid related. I have never heard of a team having a game called off for injuries apart from Middlesbrough not turning up at Ewood in the late nineties.

It's simple. Test players on match days a few hours earlier than they are doing now. Burnley had two games off recently in similar circumstances to ours today but testing earlier could have led to a much earlier decision.

How though, what if a team has say 16 players without covid and 9 with covid, but 6 of those are injured. You are just playing games to fulfil a fixture list. It isn't called off due to injuries, it is called off essentially as 9 from 25 players have covid, the Boro example is incomparable as it wasn't at a time of peak infection within a pandemic.

We speak today knowing that if Hull could field a team of kids, we'd win so we are biased.

I mentioned above though, I do think it could have been called off earlier, but they don't care about fans hence why last weekend, Bournemouth away at Boro was selected by Sky at 12.30.

5 hours ago, den9112 said:

Found it ,my wife used the envelope to write a telephone number on it ,it was on her laptop in the spare room(were she took it ) ,you couldn't make it up ,two grown up kids going through all the bags and bins me getting ready in a grumpy stressy mood ,wife calm as hell comes down saying is this it ,oh i think she knew damn well it was ...Panick over setting off in 10 

Siri : show me what emotional roller coaster means…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

EFL have confirmed they are investigating the circumstances of Hull’s postponement. 

Potential forfeit?

No way. EFL have approved it. They won’t find anything wrong or they incriminate themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Two games going ahead today tells its own story of "living with the virus".   Xmas fixtures should have been cancelled, saving huge expense and inconvenience for thousands.  In the absence of government action, the EFL should have taken the decision to keep players and fans safe, and reduce demands on the NHS staff.  

Johnson and co are hostages of very right-wing nutty MPs and people will again pay with their health and their lives.  

Not wanting to turn this thread into another covid thread but absolute rubbish. imo.

A short break would have practically zero effect as relatively high levels of the new strain will still be about at the end of it. This is why the decision was correctly made to play on wherever possible. The overly oppressive isolation rules are the root cause of the  problem together with the footballing authorities being too soft on the Club's. 

Are we going to bring the Country to a halt and ruin everyone's lives and businesses every winter from now on because people are exhibiting flu/cold like symptoms?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not wanting to turn this thread into another covid thread but absolute rubbish. imo.

A short break would have practically zero effect as relatively high levels of the new strain will still be about at the end of it. This is why the decision was correctly made to play on wherever possible. The overly oppressive isolation rules are the root cause of the  problem together with the footballing authorities being too soft on the Club's. 

Are we going to bring the Country to a halt and ruin everyone's lives and businesses every winter from now on because people are exhibiting flu/cold like symptoms?

Agree...

EFL - 'What's going on here then Hull ?'

Hull City - We might have pushed the very boundary's to snapping point but we were following your protocol to the letter !

EFL - Aye ok, nothing to see here move along Blackburn please.

Hull & EFL - 'It's all the fault of a sinister variant and the evil walking dead of the unvaxed/unboosted they are the real culprits'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

By all means test earlier which would have reduced the inconvenience to supporters, can't argue with that.

But the main issue is that it is the 8th of 10 games to be cancelled from the fixture list today, and that would have happened whether the tests were done first thing or not. This shows no sign of ending and I have no idea what the answer is to stop it.

How though, what if a team has say 16 players without covid and 9 with covid, but 6 of those are injured. You are just playing games to fulfil a fixture list. It isn't called off due to injuries, it is called off essentially as 9 from 25 players have covid, the Boro example is incomparable as it wasn't at a time of peak infection within a pandemic.

We speak today knowing that if Hull could field a team of kids, we'd win so we are biased.

I mentioned above though, I do think it could have been called off earlier, but they don't care about fans hence why last weekend, Bournemouth away at Boro was selected by Sky at 12.30.

You are right but that's a completely different debate.

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

EFL - 'What's going on here then Hull ?'

Hull City - We might have pushed the very boundary's to snapping point but we were following your protocol to the letter !

EFL - Aye ok, nothing to see here move along Blackburn please.

Hull & EFL - 'It's all the fault of a sinister variant and the evil walking dead of the unvaxed/unboosted they are the real culprits'.

The EFL need to check how many pies Hull ordered and received for today's game.😉

Its always in the detail

• Like 5

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

They did it because the EFL allows them to do it with their rules.There have been many games called off in similar situations but the clubs involved are simply being compliant. Testing at 10.30 is too late when you consider the results have be sent to the EFL who make the decision. If the players had been tested today at 8 am this (and other) situations could have been avoided.

The EFL shouldnt allow any teams to be testing that late on the day of the game. I mean, what difference would it have made, if the players were tested 4 hours before the game? Is Hull saying, that these players suddenly got Covid 2 hours before kickoff? 

No consideration whatsoever for the fans in evidence from today's fiasco. Given the emerging picture there should have been a complete round of lateral flow tests done first thing this morning at the ground for any player likely to be involved in the game, and a decision based on that about whether then game could go ahead or not. 

Instead some bunch of faceless dickheads thought it would be ok to wait until the entire 3K travelling support for Rovers was on the road and committed to the expense and time for the day out in Hull, before pissing their sides whilst reporting that Hull City FC couldn't raise a team. If it was a train company, or an airline, we'd all be able to get compo and our money back. As it stands it is just another poke in the eye for the ordinary man on the street. 

Despicable Dickheadery. Nothing less.

• Like 9

the 3 points should automatically go to the the team that can still field a team, -3 points each if both teams cant field a team. 

and any unvacinated player or player found to have done something stupid (like go out partying in the run up to a game) that comes down with it should be fined at least a weeks wages. 

Drastic rules like that are the only thing that will sort all these idiots out. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5