BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

I have no idea where football can go from here. I suppose they will have to do daily tests therefore ones on the day cannot really be avoided. From 10 Championship games today, 8 are off.

I don't think a circuit break works because that relies on Covid not being prevalent once the season restarts. The current system of playing as much as possible seems pointless when so many games are being called off, when can they be replayed? Unfair on fans potentially calling games off so late too. You can't do points per game as it is far too early to justify that. And to null and void the season would seem crazy too, unless the alternative is behind closed doors rubbish. There is no answer that I can see.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have no idea where football can go from here. I suppose they will have to do daily tests therefore ones on the day cannot really be avoided. From 10 Championship games today, 8 are off.

I don't think a circuit break works because that relies on Covid not being prevalent once the season restarts. The current system of playing as much as possible seems pointless when so many games are being called off, when can they be replayed? Unfair on fans potentially calling games off so late too. You can't do points per game as it is far too early to justify that. And to null and void the season would seem crazy too, unless the alternative is behind closed doors rubbish. There is no answer that I can see.

Behind closed doors I'd wager. 

Imagine our best season for over a decade and it gets cancelled 

11 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Where do you get the idea from that the EFL or Premier league give a flying F*** about supporters

Thats my point he.n. Get the proper people in to make the right decisions. This season to continue like it is without proper rules in place is a disgrace on football authorities.

53 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Hull took lateral flow tests at 12:30.

Pathetic

Absolutely unacceptable that Hull put a process in place where they can jepordise the game so close to kick off.

As others have said, testing should have been done yesterday.

Hull fans on Twitter saying they've already tried to have the game called off previously. The cynic in me is thinking Hull have done this deliberately.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no,this new variant is just like a bad cold,runny nose and you feel slightly unwell,it appears the virus has become less dangerous but more virelant,it is however lethal to footballers,politicians and journalists😉

So IF you have players with the flu you Will have to play... shambolic

Well that was fun!! Horrendous driving conditions going over the tops on the 62, starts to clear a bit around Leeds & my daughter informs me of the latest tweet from Rovers! You absolute fecking ham shankers! 

Off at the next junction & back home again! I'm absolutely livid, can only imagine how the fans who were already there feel. Will we be compensated? Will we shite! It's a disgrace.

As others have said, I'm not exactly convinced by the results of the LFTs coming out of Hull. Nowt to stop the same bloke taking 10 tests to make sure it's called off if you're without a couple of key players.

Fuming!

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, lraC said:

Would there be anything to stop a team submitting more positive tests then there really were? Let’s say they were down to 14 fit and knew they were weakened. Send same players positive test in several times, bumping up the numbers. 

The tests have serial numbers, but it would be easy to cheat.

• Like 1

Just back home after turning round at Huddersfield. I can't quite understand a process which is far more detrimental than it is helpful. Who on earth allows the testing regime to be left so late that it leaves thousands of people frustrated and out of pocket? Ian absolute nonsense and the people who bear the brunt of this are the fans. It has been clear for some time now that the authorities couldn't care less about the fans and this farce just reinforces that view. The late postponements have had an effect on hundreds of thousands of fans recently and still clubs are allowed to test their players too late to prevent supporters travelling unnecessarily.

The footballing authorities in this country are a disgrace and absolutely not fit for purpose.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Awful, really feel for fans that have lost a huge chunk of Boxing Day on the road for nothing 

Be keen to know if these are all confirmed cases / isolating or if embellished by ‘injuries’ like Everton 

Gut feeling is a few players missing and then flesh it out to avoid having to play with a weakened team 

No sympathy.  If people are willing to give up their free time to watch a football game that's their loss