BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Really excited about this game. If we can tonk Hull 19-0, we will be top for at least a couple of days!

Was just about to come on here and say how I didn’t realise we would go joint top - for a few days at least - with a win. Nice home fixtures after this too. 

What an incentive.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

All this talk of 18 or 19-0 makes me worried we will just come back down to earth with a horrible bump 😞

Bah bloody humbug! At least our defence has been miserly this ghost of December past. If we can scrooge up our courage, we might come away with something, but we will have to maintain a tight-fisted hand at the grindstone...

Whatever...

Their kit is a bit humbuggy, anyway.

Humbug.jpg

I feel as though we are entering a second testing point.

In the past we always seemed to struggle with nerves when we got on the cusp of the playoffs. That duck has been thoroughly broken, but breaching the top two for the first time feels like another test of that ilk. Staying in it for a couple more games too would show me this team has everything it needs to handle the pressure.

15 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:
1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I feel as though we are entering a second testing point.

In the past we always seemed to struggle with nerves when we got on the cusp of the playoffs. That duck has been thoroughly broken, but breaching the top two for the first time feels like another test of that ilk. Staying in it for a couple more games too would show me this team has everything it needs to handle the pressure.

In the past out team was littered with players whose careers have been defined by not being good enough, but showing flashes. These lads are all so young and ambition, they don’t seem to know or care what limit is. Real joy to watch. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

In the past out team was littered with players whose careers have been defined by not being good enough, but showing flashes. These lads are all so young and ambition, they don’t seem to know or care what limit is. Real joy to watch. 

In fairness we did have some, like Evans, who had promotions under their belts. I tended to think it was a youthful inexperience that did it tbh, and managerial bungling of course. But the current youthful crop do look more fearless so far, and the manager has at least temporarily put his self sabotage to the side. We will have a good idea after this game, as if the nerves hold we shouldn't be losing it when you look at the league places and our fantastic form.

• Like 1

Travis: “You see stuff and comments on social media about just wanting to stay up, I think that’s only helped us trying to prove people wrong,” he explained.

Possibly worth quoting next time somebody pipes up with 'don't be negative, it affects the players'. Well, positively in this case.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Travis: “You see stuff and comments on social media about just wanting to stay up, I think that’s only helped us trying to prove people wrong,” he explained.

I like that. I have been questioning where the ambition is for a long time, even though that's not all on the players as the way we have been ran is the main issue.

It's great to see us with a young, hungry bunch of lads with a point to prove. They will all be itching to get to the Premier League as most haven't tasted it before. It's a world away from the older heads we let go of like Evans, Bennett, Downing, Holtby etc. They had a 'been there, done that' air about them meaning the hunger and urgency wasn't there. I wouldn't be against a Berkovic type signing though to help us out this season.

It still might not happen for us this season, but the fight and determination brings renewed hope.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Well in that case:

You're all pants lads, not one of you could pass a stool, let alone a football. I fully expect you to get us relegated with a record low number of points. My granny could do better than the lot of you and she's been dead for 15 years, call yourselves professional players.

😉👍

Are you taking the piss. It’s Christmas and good cheer to all. They’ve done better than expected so far this season. Apart from the Fulham game you can’t criticise their effort. 

One more sleep until hopefully the best Christmas present 👍

If we're top tomorrow , I really can't see us mucking up .

I know teams have rough patches,  but to do this after Fulham game and how this team is so committed.  I just think mentally they are in the zone . Just need luck with injuries and January .

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, slowmo said:

One more sleep until hopefully the best Christmas present 👍

If we're top tomorrow , I really can't see us mucking up .

I know teams have rough patches,  but to do this after Fulham game and how this team is so committed.  I just think mentally they are in the zone . Just need luck with injuries and January .

0-4 Rovers. We’re going up.

• Like 2