BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you will find that most of tickets were sold prior to the last week. Sky only announced this week they were showing it live. We decide to go to this game months ago given it Boxing day, no work and can go for meal on the way back. 

Can't see the Barnsley game given that Parliament won't have vote the measures in by if any actually happening which looking at Hospitalisation data is lower than 6 to 8 weeks ago btw. 

Parliament don’t need to vote on it but that’s for another topic.

Cant see this going ahead with the amount of games already called off. It’s getting farcical. It seems perverse to be postponing some games yet allowing others to go ahead with no restrictions on attendance. Either call them all off or let them happen.

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

Hull manager has tested positive for Covid. Fingers crossed it isn’t an outspread issue for them.

As long as they can field 14 players, I'm indifferent to how many covid cases they get...

(As long as nobody ends up hospitalised or worse of course)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As long as they can field 14 players, I'm indifferent to how many covid cases they get...

(As long as nobody ends up hospitalised or worse of course)

Spot on.

In the hypothetical case that only one game could be played that's better than a blanket ban and none being played imo.

One less game to catch up on were there to be a complete break.

It it does get pulled it'll probably be after ticket sales have finished tomorrow. Hull won't want to lose the tv revenue from this so next best thing is sell as many tickets as possible and give the game every chance to go ahead.

Christmas day or boxing day morning would be my prediction for it to be pulled, i reckon it will be.

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on.

In the hypothetical case that only one game could be played that's better than a blanket ban and none being played imo.

One less game to catch up on were there to be a complete break.

I was more coming from the angle that the more players they have out with covid, the weaker their team is and in theory, the better for us to get 3 points.

I don't see much sense in a blanket ban though. A ban on fans attending again, maybe. As much as that would be a shame, I shouldn't think it's too far from happening, with Wales having already done it. No need for the games to be cancelled too though, except where teams have too many players out.

22 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Anyway back to the game... Tickets no longer on sale. Sold out?

Rovers announced they were on sale at Ewood until 12 noon on Christmas Eve with no sales on the day.  This suggests they may have sold out. The usual away allocation is 2,510.

Edited by Bad Boy

On 22/12/2021 at 09:55, TonyM said:

Used the NOW TV 24hr pass a couple of times to watch Rovers - works very well

... if you time it right and are lucky with the fixtures  you can watch a few other Sky games too for your tenner.

Just pointing out the 24hr pass only gets you the games live on the channels. It doesn't cover the red button games unless you have a month pass.

As far as I'm aware this is one of the main live games so should be okay.

Edited by booth

1 hour ago, Bad Boy said:

Rovers announced they were on sale at Ewood until 12 noon on Christmas Eve with no sales on the day.  This suggests they may have sold out. The usual away allocation is 2,510.

I'd respectfully like to correct you: Our allocation was just over 3,300 and when i was at the club today at lunch time, I was told that there were only odd singles left.

It's a great following and let's all hope it's still on.

• Like 4

I can't understand why they would stop the online sales and make people trudge down to the club on xmas eve, as well as having to pay staff to deal with that. Blend of inconveniencing fans and the club spending money we don't need to spend.

The only excuse I can think is to allow for older fans who might not use the internet. But surely they've had the chance to buy tickets already?

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can't understand why they would stop the online sales and make people trudge down to the club on xmas eve, as well as having to pay staff to deal with that. Blend of inconveniencing fans and the club spending money we don't need to spend.

The only excuse I can think is to allow for older fans who might not use the internet. But surely they've had the chance to buy tickets already?

To be fair you don't have to trudge down there on Christmas Eve to buy a ticket.

Just ring the ticket office, pay for your tickets over the phone and collect from Hull on the day.

Plus even if you did go down to get one, the shop is open Christmas Eve anyway to deal with anyone getting there last minute gifts, we're not paying somebody extra to be there to deal with the odd Hull ticket sale.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

Everything crossed that this goes ahead 🤞 

Looks like it'll all come down to the Hull camp. Is the actual protocol to register a negative test on the actual day of the game for players? Assume so given some of the last minute postponements last weekend.

Until then I'm a bit on edge I must admit, I remember when life was simpler than this 😑

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

To be fair you don't have to trudge down there on Christmas Eve to buy a ticket.

Just ring the ticket office, pay for your tickets over the phone and collect from Hull on the day.

Plus even if you did go down to get one, the shop is open Christmas Eve anyway to deal with anyone getting there last minute gifts, we're not paying somebody extra to be there to deal with the odd Hull ticket sale.

Fair enough. A few hundred ticket sales potentially though, not just the odd one. Could be enough to need an extra staff member on what I assume might be a busy day. Still not sure what is achieved by withdrawing online sales though, unless that's a service we pay for on a daily basis.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Fair enough. A few hundred ticket sales potentially though, not just the odd one. Could be enough to need an extra staff member on what I assume might be a busy day. Still not sure what is achieved by withdrawing online sales though, unless that's a service we pay for on a daily basis.

The online system is crap, generally doesn't work and the issue is down to Ticketmaster and Rovers' deficiency in all things IT related. They know that they need to up the ante.

They also know that there needs to be more people answering the phone when folk ring up to buy tickets!

56 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

i think it probably would not pay to employ an extra member of staff for an away match as they only get an administration fee from away sales

14 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

i think it probably would not pay to employ an extra member of staff for an away match as they only get an administration fee from away sales

Hundreds of extra away fans in a promotion challenge season has more benefit than the cost of paying an extra member of staff to shift them. It's not all about P&L sheets, some things have value beyond money. And I was speculating they might need an extra member of staff for the shop as it could get too busy (potentially leading to less sales of merch too). It may not be required though, I dunno. Either way, keeping the online purchase option going eliminates that need.

But hey it is what it is.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect sales have spiked with people anticipating a sadly inevitable lockdown likely to start to start from Barnsley at home onwards.

Way things are going with cases now levelling off in London (showing how things likely to unfold elsewhere) and the lower hospitalisation rate I can't see a lock down happening tbh.

For some reason after insane initial growth the Omicron case growth stalls. Why that is isn't clear, but it's happened in SA and now London.

Probs biggest threat to football is the players catching Covid themselves.