BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

After the run we’ve had and watching us cruise past Birmingham on Saturday in the fashion we did, playing Hull away should be a game that we are looking to take all 3 points from.

They're in bottom 3 for their home record this season and they are coming up against a group who are just oozing with confidence, I’m going with a 2 nil win for Rovers.

BBD n Rothwell on the score sheet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I was just looking at the ticket allocation and noticed Hull City do not allow children under 2yrs old into the stadium? I've never seen that before? What is the thinking behind that?

Anyway, just over 3000 tickets for Rovers fans, those would have sold out for sure if Sky hadn't decided at the last minute to televise the game.....

Hull City 1 Rovers 1 

A few years ago Hull scrapped all concessionary tickets. Kids, seniors, adults all paid the same. The thinking behind it being that a seat is a seat regardless of who sits in it. Maybe a hangover from that.

Lets hope Paul Fielder doesn’t want to introduce this crackpot anti fan scheme here!

Blessing that the game is on sky - I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the only Prem game that went ahead on Saturday was the one selected for live broadcast. Suits me, as I think we will continue our march back to the Premier League with another three points!

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Gav said:

I was just looking at the ticket allocation and noticed Hull City do not allow children under 2yrs old into the stadium? I've never seen that before? What is the thinking behind that?

Anyway, just over 3000 tickets for Rovers fans, those would have sold out for sure if Sky hadn't decided at the last minute to televise the game.....

Hull City 1 Rovers 1 

I noticed a tweet recently that said the same, I think it was the Bournemouth game though, maybe it’s just something clubs are starting to do for away fans?

Got an early Xmas present today of a new HP laptop so I know what I'll be watching this one on!😁

As far as the game, we are the better team and even though an away fixture, we really need to get the 3 points to continue our form and end the year on a high. I'm not as nervous about watching us as I have been in the past.

Right now will go with a 2-1 win. BBD with the brace to continue his fantastic season.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Can you get it in espn+?  

I don't think so mate. I'm going with an earlier suggestion of NowTV for now. As I'm thicker than a whale omelette I tend to duck away from all the vpn stuff. But if NTV doesn't work for me I'll give other options a try. 

• Like 3

This will be another interesting test. The Championship is ridiculous - if you look closely at our run key moments have gone our way - Birmingham hitting the bar (at the time would have made it 1--1), Bournemouth missing a chance when clean through (again would have made it 1-1 at the time),, PNE denied a good penalty shout that would have made it 1-1. Overall our performances have been excellent - but the fine margins are going our way at the moment. I think we need to keep our feet on the ground, enjoy the run while it lasts - and pray it lasts long enough to pull off an unlikely promotion.

• Like 5

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Hull City (a) Boxing Day, 2021

Fine margins it may be, but we have to capitalise on the rub of the green when it goes our way. That said, there is a fighting spirit about the team at the moment that makes me believe we will keep going whatever any opposition throw at us. I am hoping for a continuation of the positive run, but I won't be surprised if, occasionally, the wheels come off.

2-1 to the Tigers who give us an unexpected but long overdue mauling 😞 - Yup, the bog-eye of the Tiger

Naaahh.. scrap that! Rovers to show resilience, resolve, resourcefulness and rabid courage to cage the Tigers in a show of shithousery and shear determination... 0-3 to the mighty Mowbray's blue and white gurning army 😉 Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe.

11 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I don't think so mate. I'm going with an earlier suggestion of NowTV for now. As I'm thicker than a whale omelette I tend to duck away from all the vpn stuff. But if NTV doesn't work for me I'll give other options a try. 

I assume that’s a Humpback rather than a Beluga?

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Excellent reference there.

Agreed, particularly given the historical significance of whaling in Hull.

Anyway, back to the game itself, back at the beginning of the season my daughter asked if we could do an away game this season, but she specifically stated a 'proper' away game, ie not Preston, Blackpool etc. With this in mind, I earmarked this game as I know the trip over to Hull very well having recently had a project over there. Little did I know where we'd be in the league & how our form was going into it.

Booked the tickets at the weekend (£21 for adults & £10.50 for young adult so they do offer some concessions for those asking) & can't wait. It's a long time since I've been really buzzing about anything Rovers, but I genuinely am. Even them now putting us on Sky hasn't dampened that, although it would've also been nice to watch it in the pub with my Dad, I just hope our Sky curse doesn't come home to roost again.

0-2 BBD & Nyambe 😅 (No seriously, Khadra)

COYB

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Agreed, particularly given the historical significance of whaling in Hull.

Anyway, back to the game itself, back at the beginning of the season my daughter asked if we could do an away game this season, but she specifically stated a 'proper' away game, ie not Preston, Blackpool etc. With this in mind, I earmarked this game as I know the trip over to Hull very well having recently had a project over there. Little did I know where we'd be in the league & how our form was going into it.

Booked the tickets at the weekend (£21 for adults & £10.50 for young adult so they do offer some concessions for those asking) & can't wait. It's a long time since I've been really buzzing about anything Rovers, but I genuinely am. Even them now putting us on Sky hasn't dampened that, although it would've also been nice to watch it in the pub with my Dad, I just hope our Sky curse doesn't come home to roost again.

0-2 BBD & Nyambe 😅 (No seriously, Khadra)

COYB

If Nyambe actually scores - I might start to believe this could be our season 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If Nyambe actually scores - I might start to believe this could be our season 😁

I wonder what odds you could have got at the beginning of the season, for Diaz to score 20 goals this season and Nyambe to score one ?

• Like 1

Get the feeling that Sky have had a ring around to see who's games are definitely going ahead with the COVID situation, which bodes well for the situation in both the Hull City and Rovers camps. We usually beat Hull 3-0 at home and 1-0 away, so 1-0 Rovers. Jan Paul to get the winner from a set-piece in front of his friends and family who are travelling on the ferry

Edited by JoeH