BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

13 minutes ago, den said:

Burnley look a good side to me already Longsiders. Too good for this league for sure. You’ll get one of the automatic spots.

It’s a bit too early to say that. It’s a long and hard season in this league. The pitches towards the end of the season aren’t always conducive to passing football.

38 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

He does look a real prospect, lets see how he does come November. At least as a local he will understand the importance of the game. 

If he plays he'll outclass anyone else on the pitch guaranteed. The last time I saw a teenage player that self assured was Damien Duff when he made his debut in a league cup match when he absolutely destroyed Preston on his own. Maybe Phil Jones too. He plays without fear, a lot of skill and seems to be omnipresent covering every area of the pitch, he did the same against Stoke in the second half. If he keeps it up we'll be calling him God.

It's all the other players I'll be worried about stepping up.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, den said:

Burnley look a good side to me already Longsiders. Too good for this league for sure. You’ll get one of the automatic spots.

They look good at the moment but they've just had two good results against Wigan and Millwall. I'd be hoping Rovers do similar with those teams. They couldn't get 3 points against Blackpool at home, was there a reason for that? (missing players, etc?)

What's the injury situation like with Burnley? Everyone fit or threadbare like us? Be interesting to see if their squad has depth with all their outgoings and their new players.

27 minutes ago, booth said:

They look good at the moment but they've just had two good results against Wigan and Millwall. I'd be hoping Rovers do similar with those teams. They couldn't get 3 points against Blackpool at home, was there a reason for that? (missing players, etc?)

What's the injury situation like with Burnley? Everyone fit or threadbare like us? Be interesting to see if their squad has depth with all their outgoings and their new players.

I’m not going off their results Booth. I’m going off what I’ve seen of them,. They look a class side to me. 
Of course it could change. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think with the 73 signings Burnley just made in this window they can't afford not to go up. They are favourites really based on their outlay. 

It would be a shame if they just missed out. 

Lol - we have 3 more players than we ended last season with - and 4 of the squad are loans. The players who've left were on inflated PL wages - the new ones aren't. Financially we should be fine

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a shame they can’t field two teams, double your chances that way.

Well with 5 subs you can play 1 1/2 teams a game almost ...

1 hour ago, den said:

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a bit too early to say that. It’s a long and hard season in this league. The pitches towards the end of the season aren’t always conducive to passing football.

48 minutes ago, booth said:

19 minutes ago, den said:

I’m not going off their results Booth. I’m going off what I’ve seen of them,. They look a class side to me. 
Of course it could change. 

It's a long season so lets see how we go. The winter break will be a help for us I think. I still think top 2 is a big ask, there are some really good teams (Norwich, Sheff Utd, Watford to name just 3) who are settled with real quality. Injury wise we are OK so far, just Twine who got injured early on at the moment with Johan Berg Gudmunson back and Westwood to come back in the new year. And we have a squad now of around 25/6 I think so largely speaking we should be fine.

As for the Blackpool result - that was a combination of overplaying at the back - and good work from Blackpool to capitalise - and naivety really. It is our biggest weakness today and one that will cost us goals this season. It is also how we play and that isn't changing so as fans we will need to be patient and as a team they need to work on improving it.

51 minutes ago, booth said:

If he plays he'll outclass anyone else on the pitch guaranteed. The last time I saw a teenage player that self assured was Damien Duff when he made his debut in a league cup match when he absolutely destroyed Preston on his own. Maybe Phil Jones too. He plays without fear, a lot of skill and seems to be omnipresent covering every area of the pitch, he did the same against Stoke in the second half. If he keeps it up we'll be calling him God.

It's all the other players I'll be worried about stepping up.

Well he'll definitely be one to watch this season then. How many of your team are "kids"? I mean we've signed a lot of 21/22 year old players but it seems half your squad are from the academy then?

• Backroom

Anyway..... enough of the Burnley love in 🤮🤮 and back to more important matters, my Friday night entertainment. 

Looking like it could be an enjoyable night. Burnley only won 2 of last 11 H2H. And only won ONCE at The Hawthorns since 1969.

Sign me up to that record thank you very much. Pack of beers, takeaway and......🍿🍿🍿.

C'mon WBA!

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Anyway..... enough of the Burnley love in 🤮🤮 and back to more important matters, my Friday night entertainment. 

Looking like it could be an enjoyable night. Burnley only won 2 of last 11 H2H. And only won ONCE at The Hawthorns since 1969.

Sign me up to that record thank you very much. Pack of beers, takeaway and......🍿🍿🍿.

C'mon WBA!

WBA will have to find a manager first.

6 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well he'll definitely be one to watch this season then. How many of your team are "kids"? I mean we've signed a lot of 21/22 year old players but it seems half your squad are from the academy then?

Wharton, Carter, Vale, Phillips are the ones that have featured in the league so far. More by necessity than choice up to now. Although I'd be surprised if Wharton is benched.

Also with squad numbers who haven't featured.

Garrett, Barnes, Hilton, Eastham, Harlock, Leonard.

Mola (loan), Markanday, Dolan and Morton (loan) are kids developed elsewhere.

The rest are in their early twenties, a few mid twenties and one "oldy" in Ayala who is 31.

• Like 1

Sad to say that I fancy Burnley to make at least the top 6, maybe even the top 2. Lots of players through the door, but most look to have real quality for this league.

Talking about rivalries, I find the extras around our derby to be very unsavoury. It’s just ridiculous that away fans aren’t able to make their way to the respective stadiums.

My best mate from all the way back at school is a big Burnley fan, and the banter still goes back and forth to this day. I suppose that’s inevitable when half the school is Rovers and the other Burnley.

8 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

So basically we are all talking down our prospects whilst secretly believing we are on course to win the league? 🙂

I think our overhaul has gone better than I expected so we should be targeting top 6 - though there are a number of clubs who will have a lot to say about that I'm sure

Its appears it gone very well so far. Keeping Brownhill is massive for you. It will be interesting to see how you develop and how Kompany keeps players happy. 

It will be interesting game tonight

27 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Sad to say that I fancy Burnley to make at least the top 6, maybe even the top 2. Lots of players through the door, but most look to have real quality for this league.

Talking about rivalries, I find the extras around our derby to be very unsavoury. It’s just ridiculous that away fans aren’t able to make their way to the respective stadiums.

My best mate from all the way back at school is a big Burnley fan, and the banter still goes back and forth to this day. I suppose that’s inevitable when half the school is Rovers and the other Burnley.

all this "bubble" malarkey started when the dingles attempted to reconstruct the town following their defeat in 2000,the police decided enough was enough,i don`t think it will change anytime soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its appears it gone very well so far. Keeping Brownhill is massive for you. It will be interesting to see how you develop and how Kompany keeps players happy. 

It will be interesting game tonight

It is an interesting game , Kompany appears to have introduced football to Burnley ...

Be interesting to see how he progresses over the coming months....

Plenty of Prem jobs will be up for grabs soon  i.e Leicester