BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

On 01/09/2022 at 15:07, longsiders1882 said:

I saw both those - also failed to give Blackpool a penalty when your defender hauled their player down in the box - and this was in the refs direct line of sight. Also noticed a few cyclical fouls from your players to stop them breaking. Maybe VAR isn’t entirely the devil after all 😂

There is some justice int he world it seems.

Thing is - is this going to be a thing this season? Retrospective punishments?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not at our best last night. We will play better and lose - and play worse and win. We looked leggy, you could tell it was our third game in 6 days.

Also thought we should have had a second penalty for the handball and again two bad looking fouls not punished.

A decent point in the end though.

Decent point… Are you the Burnley Chaddy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You should have signed some more players. 😉

Those players need bedding in - it should not be an issue in future.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Fair enough if it’s applied to everybody.

Agreed - it’s got potential to become very controversial because people will question whether all incidents are being reviewed. Can’t really argue with this though, he knew what he was doing.

14 minutes ago, booth said:

Decent point… Are you the Burnley Chaddy?

Lol - no, it’s an excellent point - and even though WBA deserved at least a point it’s hard not to feel a little disappointed when you concede in the 98th minute. 7 from the last three is a great return.

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Those players need bedding in - it should not be an issue in future.

Agreed - it’s got potential to become very controversial because people will question whether all incidents are being reviewed. Can’t really argue with this though, he knew what he was doing.

Lol - no, it’s an excellent point - and even though WBA deserved at least a point it’s hard not to feel a little disappointed when you concede in the 98th minute. 7 from the last three is a great return.

30 seconds later and you take all three. A point would have been a good result when kicking off but it’s a poor result at the end of the day, all things considered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

2009 was when Andy Porters masterplan of invading cherry tree fell flat on ite face and many of them got jail time and banning orders. The writing was on the wall after that and they were never gonna ease restrictions for some time. Yes the cup game at Ewood was the last time we were allowed to attend restriction free. I recall the dingles tried all sorts of ways to avoid detection including getting off the train at Rishton and walking en masse to Ewood.

did`nt porter miss the invasion of cherry tree cos he told the taxi driver to take me to the station and the taxi driver did indeed take him to the station,the train station and not the station hotel🤣

• Like 4

Double edged sword now. The dickhead element will go bananas after decades of pent up wankerism regarding this game.

Could be a tinderbox without restrictions, could affect attendances positively or negatively…

Hopefully the Burnley fanbase have been suitably neutered and the thugs culled from years of “civilised PL fandom” - I see they’re banning their own fans for standing up these days, never mind for causing trouble.

Not saying some of ours are any better.

Edited by S8 & Blue

46 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Double edged sword now. The dickhead element will go bananas after decades of pent up wankerism regarding this game.

Could be a tinderbox without restrictions, could affect attendances positively or negatively…

Hopefully the Burnley fanbase have been suitably neutered and the thugs culled from years of “civilised PL fandom” - I see they’re banning their own fans for standing up these days, never mind for causing trouble.

Sadly there’s still a k**b head element- and a younger brigade who do a lot of arm gesturing in their ‘stones’. I can’t ever see the bubble being removed- and maybe that is a good thing but for me I don’t enjoy the experience. Also since being back in the championship I’ve noticed ‘trouble’ seems to be making a comeback in the lower leagues and even the championship.

Edited by longsiders1882
Realised I’d confused you with PNE

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

You’ve lived away from towns with Rovers and Burnley fans for ages and it shows….

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I got told in the fox today we only have 900 tickets and your likely going to need a season ticket , 1875 membership and away ticket stubs to get a ticket for the Burnley game

Is that not the Luton game?

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That would be piss poor. Have any other away sides had such low allocations there this season @longsiders1882

I can’t comment on the veracity of this however the stand is split these days. Usually the allocation is around 2200 I believe and I’m not aware anyone who wanted that many hasn’t been given them. It isn’t something I follow closely. I know Blackpool had around 2200.

• Like 1