BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

22 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It's Derby time and a bit of barb trading is going on - & I always get far worse than I give. Not a case of masks slipping, more a case of getting overly worked up -would you expect any different? These games still matter to me - and since the run ended this one has maybe more jeopardy than usual as it could well impact who goes into the break higher up the league.

I think our " Blue & White " friends are a little nervous, as are we, Longers !!

Some interesting comments about ownership, which are a bit rich seeing as they had Mr Walker's benevolence, followed by the indulgence of the Venkys ( £219,000,000 and counting over the last 10 years ). If I could perhaps paraphrase Churchill, " Never before, in the history of Football, has so little been achieved by so many ( managers ), with so much " ....  

As for Europe, I'm surprised they even bring it up .... 7 European campaigns, with the best performance being to reach the last 32 of the UEFA Cup in 2006-07. Burnley have reached the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup's equivalent, and also the European Cup.  

• Like 2

Despite Burnley “earning” their funds they have the sum of fuck all to show for it😅

as for claiming we are sour because we haven’t beaten them for 7 long years imagine how bitter they are or will be until they can breach 36 years😅

Edited by 1864roverite

5 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I think our " Blue & White " friends are a little nervous, as are we, Longers !!

Some interesting comments about ownership, which are a bit rich seeing as they had Mr Walker's benevolence, followed by the indulgence of the Venkys ( £219,000,000 and counting over the last 10 years ). If I could perhaps paraphrase Churchill, " Never before, in the history of Football, has so little been achieved by so many ( managers ), with so much " ....  

As for Europe, I'm surprised they even bring it up .... 7 European campaigns, with the best performance being to reach the last 32 of the UEFA Cup in 2006-07. Burnley have reached the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup's equivalent, and also the European Cup.  

You have to realise. It is not 1960. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

You also found yourselves nearly out of the league something else we haven’t managed to achieve 😅😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT seems very confident on Hirst and Vale on coming good for him. 

Dolan can and has played for forward role this season JDT. 

Wharton has played 9 times in which he has started and played the full 90 mins 3 times, 3 times he started and been subbed between the 61 mins to 69 mins and other 3 appearances are from the bench 

Only 4 games before that game so doubt we will be threadbare by then. 

Rodriguez has but your 2 other strikers Barnes and Dervisoglu haven't scored this season. 

BBD, Gallagher and Dolan have scored goals. Hirst and Vale haven't scored in the league this season. 

I never said you were rubbish did I but you had a lot of possession but didn't create alot of good chances. I thought Norwich was awful but had 2 good chances at the start of the second half. What did you think of your performance and Norwich's performance last night? 

We've got three players in the top 15 (Rodriguez on 8, Tella on 6 and Brownhill on 5. If I read it right your next best was Gallagher on 3 in 47th on the list.

As for our performance. It was overall great, we won, dominated for all but the first 8-10 minutes of the second half and the last 5 as we defended our lead. We did only have 2 shots on Target - and 7 blocked so lord knows if they were on target. If I'm being critical we really should have scored more, expecially first half. Norwich looked poor - but defended very well. They were a bit lucky to end with 11 on the pitch as well.

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Despite Burnley “earning” their funds they have the sum of fuck all to show for it😅

as for claiming we are sour because we haven’t beaten them for 7 long years imagine how bitter they are or will be until they can breach 36 years😅

How long since you last beat us, 7 years? Chinny reckon?

7 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Come on. You surely can’t be mentioning Jack and Venky’s in the same sentence. Your lot celebrate the death of one and sing “long live” about the other.

Every right thinking Rovers fan would prefer an alternate reality where Venky’s had never darkened our door.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It's 12 years 6 months and 28 days .... 28th March 2010 !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

For interest, here's Burnley's starting XI from last night, and their appearances in senior Football ...

Harwood Bellis   94

What do you think of this lad?

You're so lucky to have him - I thought he looked like a future England player when he was with us

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I saw an earlier reference to Burnley's " Dad's Army " ....

Cork, Rodrigues and Gudmundsson are 33,33, and 32 respectively .... Josh Brownhill & Josh Cullen are 26, but none of the rest of last night's starters are over 23 .... I'd say it's a Classic blend of " youth & experience " !! 😁

As for the " Derby " on the 13th, I've seen enough winters to know not to make any rash predictions .... 

So, 5 of that Burnley team are over age 23.

In our starting team v Brum we had 6 over age 23, 2x age 23, 1x age 22, 1 x age 19, 1 x age 18.

Brittain age 24 and Szmodics age 27 were both unavailable and would maybe have replaced the 18 and 22 year olds if fit.

Our strongest starting team is not as 'young' as we like to portray but young and inexperienced sounds good.

Our bench was young that game, the injuries a factor and the baffling omission of Dack.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

You're so lucky to have him - I thought he looked like a future England player when he was with us

Rate him very highly - often forget how young he is - and how relatively inexperienced after watching Tarkowski and Mee for so long. Looks a genuine footballer to me. We’ve been blessed with some good ones over the years. This lad has the potential to go a long way - still makes mistakes of course but I think we are lucky to have him, certainly couldn’t afford him.

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Do you think it's right that someone who hasn't been to an away game for 5 years, is in the same priority group as someone who regularly attends away game every year? This morning should have been for ST holders with X away games this season. That's what it should have been in order to be fair. That's what else the club "could have done".

Yes I know that's not what they prescribed or advertised, and that's what they said at the start of the season, but that is where they messed up.

Hasta you strike me as a sensible kind and just as I was, you knew that tickets for this particular game would be subject to restriction due to numbers of tickets available in the shittest stand in the Championship! You also knew that for a sum of £10 you could guarantee yourself a ticket by joining the 1875 club and there were umpteen reminders as the closure date approached about the benefits of membership in particular away games ! No one has a divine right to a ticket however those who got themselves in the priority line got first dibs and so on. This morning as phase 3 went underway I doubt very much that there were more than a couple of hundred left and so there would have been significant interest from many season ticket holders who took their chance to buy one . The club did more than enough on this game and of course there will always be elements of disappointment as the club cannot please everyone. Imagine if Burnley had a decent away end then there could have been a much bigger allocation but the truth is they haven’t they won’t ever have and we will forever have to endure this shit stained hovel of their ground but for me it was well worth paying £10 to ensure I got my ticket after all in my 55 years I have never missed a game versus our 6 fingered gimps😅😅😅

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

They should get priority over people that don't go away.

Agree on this - I rarely go away yet our system is based on points - and points are like that show from the 80’s except it’s what do pounds make, points. More you spend more you get. As a season ticket holder of years I have lots of points and often qualify for aways even though I might go to only one or 2 a season.

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Hasta you strike me as a sensible kind and just as I was, you knew that tickets for this particular game would be subject to restriction due to numbers of tickets available in the shittest stand in the Championship! You also knew that for a sum of £10 you could guarantee yourself a ticket by joining the 1875 club and there were umpteen reminders as the closure date approached about the benefits of membership in particular away games ! No one has a divine right to a ticket however those who got themselves in the priority line got first dibs and so on. This morning as phase 3 went underway I doubt very much that there were more than a couple of hundred left and so there would have been significant interest from many season ticket holders who took their chance to buy one . The club did more than enough on this game and of course there will always be elements of disappointment as the club cannot please everyone. Imagine if Burnley had a decent away end then there could have been a much bigger allocation but the truth is they haven’t they won’t ever have and we will forever have to endure this shit stained hovel of their ground but for me it was well worth paying £10 to ensure I got my ticket after all in my 55 years I have never missed a game versus our 6 fingered gimps😅😅😅

You shouldn't HAVE to sign up to a ridiculous 'membership scheme' just to get a particular away ticket. Its quite simply a Waggott scam to milk an extra sum of money from our fans, knowing full well a decent number will lap it up because they really want a Burnley ticket. Its just de-valuing the benefits of a season ticket as well! Which, as we know are already expensive. 

I'm not a tight arse but refused to pay it, i was however one of the lucky ones who managed to get a ticket this morning.

We're now in a position that if we're in the same league next season more people would probably reluctantly sign up to the joke of a membership scheme to avoid the mad scramble/disappointment of missing out next time.

You might have been prepared to bend over and part your cheeks to let Waggott dry bum you, many weren't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

But nowhere near the quality of Van Hecke (Harwood Bellis).

If we could sign Van Hecke in January as replacement for Ayala (who is great in the short time he's with us, but a luxury) that would be brilliant business.

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I’ve no issue in 1875 club members getting first dibs. I find it strange, however, that they split the 1875 club phasing into two parts, those with away games and those without games, when everyone was guaranteed a ticket. However 1875+ST having priority was what was announced, and that is what has happened. Fair enough.

However when there is only a couple of hundred left in phase 3 today, the ‘fair’ way to proceed would be to go to season ticket holders with away games. The online system can easily do it as strangely they did it for phase 1 (which wasn’t what was advertised at the start of the season). I don’t think anyone can really argue that that wouldn’t have been the fairest way for this next phase.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

But nowhere near the quality of Van Hecke (Harwood Bellis).

If we could sign Van Hecke in January as replacement for Ayala (who is great in the short time he's with us, but a luxury) that would be brilliant business.

Where is van hecke these days and is he playing

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Where is van hecke these days and is he playing

Brighton kept hold of him due to injuries. Since then he's had one appearance in the PL and one in the league cup.

So no, not playing. I imagine Mowbray will want him at Sunderland in January.

• Like 1

I have got mine so I am personally ok. But I do think really that the away ticket situation should have been the first phase, on top of having a season ticket. Otherwise you could have a fan who lives near London who goes to 5 or 6 local games to him in a season getting priority over a season ticket holder who goes to 1 or 2 aways. The 1875 bit should have been scrapped.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have got mine so I am personally ok. But I do think really that the away ticket situation should have been the first phase, on top of having a season ticket. Otherwise you could have a fan who lives near London who goes to 5 or 6 local games to him in a season getting priority over a season ticket holder who goes to 1 or 2 aways. The 1875 bit should have been scrapped.

Except that season ticket holder attends 23 games a season and pays BRFC to attend every one of those games.

Wheres Cockney Bob attends 5 or 6 games and contributes nothing to Rovers as the cash goes to the away club.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2