BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

No surprise today, they were just too good. First half they were subdued but still got 2, second half blew us away. Class all over the pitch but Haaland, Foden and DeBruyne were unplayable for us.  

Thankfully if we go up we will only have to play them twice.

They should make them do what we used to do as kids - you can only score with your wrong foot. Give everybody else a chance.

Burnley made the mistake of trying to play them at football. No doubt Kompany was posting his CV.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, den said:

Burnley are a very good side, running away with the Championship title. 

This just shows how for the majority of “real” football fans the game is if not corrupt, then very close to it. These top PL sides are light years above the rest for just one reason- foreign mega rich owners who throw absolutely, seemingly endless fortunes at the clubs.

Nothing here that nobody else doesn’t know, but it just stinks.

And this close season they’ll sign two more players that are better than what they have now. 

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

No surprise today, they were just too good. First half they were subdued but still got 2, second half blew us away. Class all over the pitch but Haaland, Foden and DeBruyne were unplayable for us.  

Thankfully if we go up we will only have to play them twice.

What did you think of your tactics today? - seemed to be asking for trouble

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

We just don’t know how else to play - and I’d rather lose 5 or 6 having a go than how we have in recent seasons sitting back. If I have a gripe it’s in the keeper choice. Muric’s ability to play across the back etc is so central to what we do.

All that said with the squad we have, the mood City were in I doubt anything we did would have made any difference. They were comprehensively better than us. Very few teams in the world have that quality. Going up doesn’t worry me so much, there will be 12/13 teams where we can get results - though I still expect we will be in and around the bottom 3.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

My mate, who's a season ticket holder, has just texted me and said this is the worst team he's seen at the Etihad this season. 

Considering they usually play champions league teams and epl teams, you would hope so

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The gulf in class is immense,Burnley or Rovers in the top flight are Cannon fodder.

But that was good to watch all the same.

I appreciate you enjoyed it however the gulf to city is immense but to say Palace or Wolves etc? I don’t believe so.

of course it is tough for any promoted team but I don’t think City are where you survive or go down. Go up, get recruitment right and you’ve got a shot.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The gulf in class is immense,Burnley or Rovers in the top flight are Cannon fodder.

But that was good to watch all the same.

really don`t think there is that much difference between the bottom half of the premier league and the top six of the championship,there are some terrible sides in the top flight,though admittedly,the top six are miles ahead of everyone

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

really don`t think there is that much difference between the bottom half of the premier league and the top six of the championship,there are some terrible sides in the top flight,though admittedly,the top six are miles ahead of everyone

I think if you compare the squads of the bottom half of the Prem and most of the top 6, especially 3rd to 6th, there is a clear gap. When you go up you have to strengthen significantly to stand a chance.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think if you compare the squads of the bottom half of the Prem and most of the top 6, especially 3rd to 6th, there is a clear gap. When you go up you have to strengthen significantly to stand a chance.

As Nottingham Forest and Leeds United showed - you can't stand still with the squad that took you up. They both invested £100m+ in new players to improve their squads. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

I know BUT I hate to call it until the fat lady sings. For example Sheff Utd might yet get a point’s deduction this week. Once it is confirmed I’ll celebrate.

Sorry I missed all that? What's the points deduction about? Dodgy finances?

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Worked until City scored. I just hope JDT was watching. Getting beat by City is no shame - but there was a few pointers to how to play Burnley in that game. Granted we don't have a Haaland - but 1-0 will do for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, des said:

I thought for the first 30 min Burnley played well but city were too good and are for most teams. No shame losing to a side like that 

See this is the problem - Kompany is clearly a media darling already.

His team just got absolutely embarrassed yet I haven't heard a lick of criticism. He was unbelievably arrogant / naive to set his team up like that away at Man City, but everyone is just shrugging their shoulders. 

• Like 3