BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Just now, jim mk2 said:

We need another forward desperately. If we were serious about promotion Dembele should have been in our sights

And he might have been but if Bournemouth are paying him more wages than we probably pay our best player then we can't compete with that 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

We need another forward desperately. If we were serious about promotion Dembele should have been in our sights

We needed another forward or an attacking midfielder who could chip in with 10 goals.

1 minute ago, AJW said:

Is Poveda included in that ? .. he won’t Be in match day squad for a while 

Yeah he is.

So considering he won't be back until April, there is room for another loan should we want too.

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Let's not forget that Parker is a shite manager.

But despite that I still think we'll be fighting for a top 6 place. QPR will overtake us.

We needed someone to shoulder the burden of knocking goals in and if anyone can't see that they must be either stubborn or need an optician.

People forget we are 2nd despite other teams already having better players than us.

Tony has stumbled on a system that works great. While we are defensively solid we have every chance of second. Bournemouth have no chance of catching Fulham..

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

People forget we are 2nd despite other teams already having better players than us.

Tony has stumbled on a system that works great. While we are defensively solid we have every chance of second. Bournemouth have no chance of catching Fulham..

Stumbled being the primary word

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why? Over-rated, over-hyped, over-injured. 

True .. but I would still have in the team over Johnson .. (means nothing of course) 

Edited by AJW

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

All of them. They have proved their worth by getting us into the top two. That is fact, not what might happen.

The fact is we have a guy with 20 goals and the nearest to him has 6, and that player isn't played as a striker even when we have no strikers and is by no means first choice.

Brereton stops scoring or is out for a sustained period and who is going to provide goals on a consistent basis to keep us in the top two?

• Like 1

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rich Sharpe said that as things stand, it will just be Giles. 

Rich also took forever to tell us about Zeefuik and Giles, and even denied our interest in Markanday at one point. Ignore him.

If darrenrover has heard what I've heard, he's right. They'd be legit statements in this league BUT I hasten to add that I don't think either is actually likely to happen personally.

• Like 3