BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Just now, Ossydave said:

Posh chairman confirms we had a bid accepted for Dembele but he opted for Bournemouth, they're really starting to get on my tits 

Rothwell potential replacement? Or do we have the ~2M for a player hanging around without a sale? If it’s the latter… you’d expect someone to be coming in considering we’re second in the league and could go to 4th if teams win their games in hand. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Rothwell potential replacement? Or do we have the ~2M for a player hanging around without a sale? If it’s the latter… you’d expect someone to be coming in considering we’re second in the league and could go to 4th if teams win their games in hand. 

He plays a different position.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Posh chairman confirms we had a bid accepted for Dembele but he opted for Bournemouth, they're really starting to get on my tits 

Parachute payments really make the difference eh? Not when we got them though! 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They're clearly throwing crazy money around.

I desperately hope they don't get promoted because they'll be absolutely shafted financially.

• Like 6

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He plays a different position.

I’m not sure how important that is. We’ve been playing a right wing back as right striker, a defender as a centre forward, a defensive midfielder in a back three, a central midfielder at left wing back, a classic number 9 on the right wing and a central midfielder as a false 9. Tony’s way past straight thinking like that!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

You'd think that, but as stated previously the management aren't great in my opinion.

Even if we ignore our current league position and the need to strengthen with promotion a possibility you would expect - at a club with a plan - more business with one eye on the longer term. Hedges and Markandy OK but a quick look at the summer we have 10+ out of contract/loan. Might expect a few more with a view to plugging that considerable gap.

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Does the window close at 11pm ?

It’s that “deal sheet” nonsense. So we only have to have a player set to sign by 11 to be able to sign them tomorrow. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Gutted about this, but stilk don't understand why we can't get these types of deal over the line sooner 

must be  the wages,the way bournemouth are spending  he must be on a massive amount,way beyond our structure

Edited by simongarnerisgod
grammar and spelling mistakes
  • Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

But we agreed a fee for Dembele according to the Pompey chairman.Logic says that bid was made today /yesterday earliest and the owners made their position clear on Rothwell prior to that 

True, so if that's the case then basically we're not showing any ambition to use the money we have?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Money is available

That's very easy to say. Anyone can claim to have money. Spending it is the key. Familiar theme here though that despite claims of it being there for one reason or another it doesn't get spent. 

Still - gets some free brownie points for the owners who must not be criticised or questioned.

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Beginning to look like Mowbray wanted Rothwell gone to get funds as much as Rothwell wanted to go to Bournemouth.,

When Rothwell's girlfriend is on social media responding to vile messages saying how people don't know the ins and outs and truth of things I suspect this is what she is referring to. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some pushing from Mowbray/Rovers end as much as Rothwell wanting to leave at this juncture.

• Like 3