BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Smoke and mirrors. We knew a bollocks link was coming that we had no chance of getting and that was it.

You don't seem to mind believing "bollocks links" when it comes to a £6m bid from an "unspecified Premier League Club" for Rothwell!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He sent Wharton loan to toughen up and play regular mens football, a plan of development that very much worked. This seasons tactics are to be praised as much as last seasons warranted criticism.

He sent him out on loan twice and at the beginning of last season there were rumblings that he was looking to move him on. He had to play him due to an early injury crisis at the back and he looked like our best CB (pre-Achilles tear). He's kicked on from there this season.

This season he's gone against type and picked the same XI week in, week out. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think Giles will happen, they are just delaying the announcement until the last minute rather than disappointing fans with an early announcement and no more business after that.

Waggott taking the photos and doing the media himself

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Can they? They've never played senior professional football. It's a big step up from the Academy.

Have you been down to watch them ? I don't think that anyone is happy to introduce the youngsters too early. Just saying that the option for cover, as a last resort is there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I didn't say that though did I?!....but said their character was sufficient if they were asked to do so short term.

What would you do sign some no marks for 3 years (loans are filled out) that will subsequently stand in these  lads way in future?

This year, the potential for promotion is a bonus that nobody saw coming, the plan was for next year.

I defy any bugger to tell me that they fancied us to be second in the league come February!...let those that got us here have the opportunity to see the season out.

We should all be pouring in to Ewood, sorry but other than price for certain games, there's NO excuse not to. (IMO)

U really think that rovers or Mowbray plan anything? This season after the Fulham game has been based as much as stumbling onto a lucky formula than any plan. Things could easily have panned out the other way fighting relegation.  Have u heard of the saying strike while the iron is hot? Rovers will probably never get this chance again. I doubt Mowbray has the foresight to muster another promotion challenge next season if things don't pan out.  This is the ultimate Window to really make a statement but it looks like that's too much for those within the rovers hierarchy 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2

Appreciate the info, but let's be real, Solanke and Elliott were never, ever, going to happen in a million years. The Solanke bid was probably a tit for tat response to the Rothwell interest.

Mowbray's talk the other day about signings all hinged on Rothwell being sold by the looks of it. No Rothwell sale, no funds to play with. What a disappointing day.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Okay, so who scores the goals when Brereton gets injured?

He's scored 20 goals in half a season, after scoring about 7 in the previous 3 seasons.

Never mind getting injured, who scores the goals when he ceases his unsustainable conversion rate?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He sent him out on loan twice and at the beginning of last season there were rumblings that he was looking to move him on. He had to play him due to an early injury crisis at the back and he looked like our best CB (pre-Achilles tear). He's kicked on from there this season.

This season he's gone against type and picked the same XI week in, week out. 

Agree with you on Wharton. But for his connections to Rovers, being here as a lad, his brother on the books and, I believe, being a fan, I think we could have lost him. I don't think many players would accept doing so well repeatedly on loan, getting consecutive promotions, and still being overlooked. Mowbray made comments questioning whether League 1/2 performances carried much weight as the Championship, he said, was a far superior league. And, I do believe it's correct that it was only injuries that opened Wharton's chance, rather than being selected on merit ahead of the likes of Derrick Williams.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's scored 20 goals in half a season, after scoring about 7 in the previous 3 seasons.

Never mind getting injured, who scores the goals when he ceases his unsustainable conversion rate?

Fair point well made.

A forward who knows where the goal is should have been brought in. Even if they’re just better than SG at scoring.

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Hmmm. I can see why people don't bother giving bits they hear now.

I wasn’t trying to sh*t on your thing btw, I just wanted to share what I’d heard on it. Personally would much rather people share what they hear than not share it

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Have you been down to watch them ? I don't think that anyone is happy to introduce the youngsters too early. Just saying that the option for cover, as a last resort is there.

I've seen Garrett play, he seems decent. Quite liked the look or Harlock myself. 

I'm fine with them as a last resort, but they're literally on the bench NOW with one senior CM being 'injured'. 

Our squad is perilously thin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I mean come on, they could filter out the rubbish though. Elliott was starting for Liverpool pre-injury. They could just file that one under ‘b*llshit’ the second it was passed on to them.

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I like hearing it. It’s good that people share and I appreciate it.

Don’t understand why people are secretive about who the players are though. Especially when there is zero chance that they’ll come to us.

• Backroom
Just now, superniko said:

I mean come on, they could filter out the rubbish though. Elliott was starting for Liverpool pre-injury. They could just file that one under ‘b*llshit’ the second it was passed on to them.

'They' being me. I didn't file either under 'bullshit' because it came from Liverpool's end rather than Rovers. Ditto the Solanke info came from Bournemouth's end. Both from resident scouts.

• Like 2

Maybe it’s just me, and the reason I rarely even read this bi- annual thread, never mind post in it - but why do folk hang on the every word of supposed ITK-ers?

They either get proven right and said player signs, great! Or they don’t, and it’s tears before bedtime. Either way, we’ll all know by midnight anyway and you can save yourself a load of time and end energy by doing something else!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Neither, but you know my point.

I ain't gonna fall out with you pal, hopefully you'll be backing the cause between now and May with your wallet.

Not for falling out with anyone but no, I don't get your point.  I'm failing to see what criticising attendances etc has to do with us operating competently and maximising the unforseen position we are in.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I like hearing it. It’s good that people share and I appreciate it.

Don’t understand why people are secretive about who the players are though. Especially when there is zero chance that they’ll come to us.

Probably because when I say the names, I get told I should file it under bullshit despite it coming from scouts at the club's concerned as recently as this evening over the phone.

Ergo, I'll not bother and just hope like the rest of us in future.

• Like 3