BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

1 minute ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Good run from Hedges and a good ball through....absolutely nobody at all in the centre for him to even considering sliding it in for. If Buckley is supposed to be up front, then why was he hanging around near the halfway line watching? 

We desperately need BBD on at half time, not the bloody 60th minute. We need to still aim for the three points from today, they're there for the taking. 

I'll be surprised if he brings him on at 60 mins, more like 65.

Dangerous business going 1-0 down to a possession team like Swansea. Still, we're taking the ball from them left right and centre, keep pressing high and we'll keep creating chances. Nyambe having a lot of luck down their right hand side but he'll never be a good crosser. Need to put Zeefuik or Giles there instead to capitalize.

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Ben had to start and this isn't with the knowledge of hindsight. He's a young lad and fit as a flee...madness.

Hardly likely to be fit as a flea at this very moment after playing two games at high altitude then flying back. I'm sure he has been assessed on his return and isn't 100% so it makes plenty of sense to bring him on against legs as tired as his later.

My worry is that might have been our 'good half' for attacking, plenty of times where Khadra or BBD would have done damage. Hopefully we are creating when they come on.

Frankly we've nowt to beat here. Loads of possession but no end product for Swansea apart from the goal - where was Wharton? Should have had 3 goals first half. Get BB on early doors. Giles and Hedges had decent half. Buckley huffing and puffing through the middle. Should have scored when ball came back to him off the post. Rothwell also missing for most of the 45 minutes. Just need to press more and take advantage of our chances. Still think we'll win this game

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Another disappointing first half. Quite common these days unfortunately. Swansea are awful but we're so poor going forward that we haven't been able to take advantage of multiple gifts given so far. Defending for their goal was non-existent - wtf happened there? 

A big 45 coming up. If we can't lay a glove on this Swansea team then it doesn't bode well for the run in.

Yep. You can’t be losing to the likes of Hull and Swansea if you’re serious about promotion.

It’s just so ominous for us whenever we concede the first goal. Firstly we don’t have anywhere enough goals in this side and secondly, we’re terrible at coming back from behind.

• Like 1

We have firepower on the bench, in Khadra and Brereton, but the decision to let go all the reserve forwards looks very foolish at the moment. They are unproven but at least they are forwards. As is the case for the long-term choice not to find a better midfielder than Johnson to make an impact off the bench. 

We simply can't play counter-attack all the time with Buckley as a No.10, I'm afraid. Other teams seem to be working it out. If Rovers are deep and under the cosh, they have no-one to hold up possession and relieve pressure.

Edited by riverholmes

On 31/01/2022 at 22:48, J*B said:

On 01/02/2022 at 11:10, roverandout said:

On 01/02/2022 at 18:24, JohnD said:

🦃 

30 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony chooses to play with 10 men by putting Buckley up front. Ridiculous.

Is this a joke. Fair enough been poor today .

But easily been one of our best players this season in the exact same position

Edited by Rochdale_rover
  • Like 1

Nyambe has been excellent today, I’m coming to realize that we’ll really miss his energy and wit if he goes for free. I think we could be winning this game if we had a striker on, Buckley just no good up there. Get BBD on and see what happens. 

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

Another disappointing first half. Quite common these days unfortunately. Swansea are awful but we're so poor going forward that we haven't been able to take advantage of multiple gifts given so far.

I don't agree, I think we've been good going forward. We've pressed well. 

Where we have struggled, surprise surprise, is composure and class in the box. 

Buckley is a strange one, he is our most composed player, until he arrives in the box. 

There hasn't been an obvious option for our wide players, when we have broken. 

I haven't thought we would score, regardless of the quality of chance. 

I think we are playing well, and we will improve further.

1 or 3 points for the taking. 

COYB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

We have firepower on the bench, in Khadra and Brereton, but the decision to let go all the reserve forwards looks very foolish at the moment. They are unproven but at least they are forwards. As is the case for the long-term choice not to find a better midfielder than Johnson to make an impact off the bench.

You think Buckley or McBride would have done anything today? I don't. 

Really poor first half. Buckley particularly poor, I feel like he is succeptible to a red after a pathetic dive and his miss was shocking, he needs to add a goal threat to his game.

Zeefuik keeps getting caught out, Nyambe has been very good as has Giles albeit he is too far forward. Brereton and Khadra needed.