BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Alan Nixon

3 hours ago, Geoff66 said:

Personally I think they will come good with the new talent in a game or two.

In a couple of games a significant portion of the first team are back. The time to play youngsters would have been recently, although it's obviously a huge gamble to take given out league position. I'll say again this is the manager who wouldn't use several dead rubbers last season to blood the youth.

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Easy to forget how incredible Jones was in the handful of games he played here and what forther potential he seemed to have, just completely hampered by injuries and probably moving to man u when he wasn't yet ready, really he needed to spend at least a couple more seasons honing his skills with a club like ours. But what a beast of a partnership he had with Samba when they did play together. 

As for Ash philips! I'm sure he looks the part(for his age) but until he's been tested in the first team playing in front of crowds... I'll reserve judgement

Jones hasn’t improved his decision making since he was 17. Most of his troubles stem from him being drawn to the ball too easily.

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I believe he's recently signed a 4 year contract.

I saw something on Twitter posted by Rich Sharpe to that effect. I know a lad who is a youth team scout at Everton, who has told me a few things about their youth scouting system and from the bit I know, we have played a blinder tying this lad down to that length of contract. Let’s hope he goes on to fulfil the promise he is showing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Easy to forget how incredible Jones was in the handful of games he played here and what forther potential he seemed to have, just completely hampered by injuries and probably moving to man u when he wasn't yet ready, really he needed to spend at least a couple more seasons honing his skills with a club like ours. But what a beast of a partnership he had with Samba when they did play together. 

As for Ash philips! I'm sure he looks the part(for his age) but until he's been tested in the first team playing in front of crowds... I'll reserve judgement

Jones was a fantastic defender but for some reason he was turned into a midfielder.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Jones was a fantastic defender but for some reason he was turned into a midfielder.

.....By Sir Alex, the font of all knowledge!

Ash Philips will be one hell of a player at the highest level: as well as being an extremely talented footballer, he's also got size, speed and plenty between his ears!

Edited by darrenrover

49 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Was only a few years ago that Tyler Mgloire was getting rave reviews and links to bigger clubs due to him apparently being one of the fastest sprinters in the game. Now I'd be suprised if he stayed in the profesional game he seems so poor

i was initially impressed by him but he got found out badly when we played sheff wed a few years ago,their centre forward fletcher absolutely owned him,i don`t think he`s ever got over it,the blackpool game this season cooked his goose,he was truly shocking,reminds me of derek williams,a big lad but easily manhandled by centre forwards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was initially impressed by him but he got found out badly when we played sheff wed a few years ago,their centre forward fletcher absolutely owned him,i don`t think he`s ever got over it,the blackpool game this season cooked his goose,he was truly shocking,reminds me of derek williams,a big lad but easily manhandled by centre forwards

That's it isn't, you can have all the ability and physical attributes in the world but if your just not cut out for dealing with the mental pressures of the game at professional levels you'll quickly get found out

And also there's the physical demands on the body in first team football that can break a lot of young players before they get going

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

16 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I believe he's recently signed a 4 year contract.

Can this be confirmed? When you read that Chelsea, Manure, Spurs and co are all seriously interested in the lad, I need to be reassured!.

PS--let's not run down that contract Maggot!

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Can this be confirmed? When you read that Chelsea, Manure, Spurs and co are all seriously interested in the lad, I need to be reassured!.

PS--let's not run down that contract Maggot!

Not a great source but according to the LET: 

"Phillips is unable to be on professional terms due to his age, however, the Lancashire Telegraph has learned when signing scholarship terms the defender also agreed to a long-term contract at the club which will kick in next summer." 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19588499.blackburn-rovers-secure-future-england-youngster-ash-phillips/

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

"Phillips is unable to be on professional terms due to his age, however, the Lancashire Telegraph has learned when signing scholarship terms the defender also agreed to a long-term contract at the club which will kick in next summer." 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19588499.blackburn-rovers-secure-future-england-youngster-ash-phillips/

Goody, that'll do---thanks!

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

It could also depend on who his agents are,Will they be pushing for him to move to a bigger club right away or do the sensible thing and let him keep developing at Rovers.

It's no wonder young footballers fail to make the grade or struggle to cope and it's agents and Nixons who contribute to that.

All this noise about a 16 year old because some arseholes who've never kicked a football are looking to make money. 

Disgraceful, best of luck to the lad - Now leave him alone.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

It could also depend on who his agents are,Will they be pushing for him to move to a bigger club right away or do the sensible thing and let him keep developing at Rovers.

Well if he's signed up to a long-term contract with us, then that's all we can do. Doesn't matter what his agents say, we can let him go when it best suits us and reap a huge transfer fee!

All this is in the future and I can't wait to seem him in our first team when the time is right.

My wife was marking GCSE English exam papers a while back. The students had to write an essay about a big decision they’d made in their lives.

One kid had written about how he had to choose wether to stay at his local club or move to London and sign for Spurs. He already had an agent at 16 and he was still in year 11. It was the agent who was agitating for him to move down South. In the end he decided to stay with his local club. The lad has had a long career in pro football and has played at Ewood several times.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Magloire was a curious one considering his apparent physical gifts, but you're right about that Blackpool game. I vividly remember Mowbray's body language on the sideline, desperately shouting instructions and probably thinking this is the last time he gives Magloire a chance. I don't think he even made our bench since.

Seems he's had mixed/poor reviews during his three previous loan spells too, but you can see that a number of managers have thought they could harness his speed somehow!

Appears to be a bit player for his Northampton loan so far. 1 start, 1 sub, twice stayed on the bench.

Out of contract this summer, so I imagine he'll be gone on a free.