BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

He was on the end of a high boot earlier in the build up in the middle of the park, I thought it was from that too.

Which foot is the safety boot on? Left or right?

I haven't seen the photo on instagram but I think he went over on his left ankle when he took the shot with his right foot.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Are you a pro footballer though ?

No but I did it once 10miles in to a 25mile fell race. Tied my shoe laces really tight, popped a couple of paracetamol and finished the race. Ankle looked like a football and hobbled for a week but crutches and a boot seems a bit soft if it is just a twisted ankle and nothing more. 

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

No but I did it once 10miles in to a 25mile fell race. Tied my shoe laces really tight, popped a couple of paracetamol and finished the race. Ankle looked like a football and hobbled for a week but crutches and a boot seems a bit soft if it is just a twisted ankle and nothing more. 

A rest will do him good and if it's between missing the game this weekend or the two next one's, I would pick this one. 

Although I suspect he is going to miss 3 anyway. The boot and crutches in the video Dack put on Instagram suggest it's more than a standard twisted ankle. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Iv'e gone to wok the next day with plenty football related injuries but i'm not on 10k pwk and treated like a thoroughbred racehorse. This is a potential 20 million pound full time footballer we are talking about here so whatever they are doing they are doing for the right reasons.

You know what it's like these days a twisted ankle will get more treatment now than a broken toe did ten years ago.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I did my ankle as a teenager playing on Saturday afternoon. I still had to do my Saturday night paper round !

I broke my arm at junior school. I had to swim my progress certificate ( 3 lengths ) with my plastered arm, wrapped in a plastic bag. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Anyone heard anything today about the likelihood of the game being on?

A couple of groundstaff have this evening told me that the pitch looks fabulous and is in great condition.

Unless The Riverside blows down, the game is in no danger of being postponed whatsoever. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I once marked a lad who was wearing a studded belt holding his shorts up. Those were the days.

Aye, days of the sliding tackle, when a fullback could legitimately relish a wet surface and shunt a winger onto the running track to throw down a marker early in a game, without fear of recriminations! 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Aye, days of the sliding tackle, when a fullback could legitimately relish a wet surface and shunt a winger onto the running track to throw down a marker early in a game, without fear of recriminations! 😉

lol,it was encouraged when i was growing up,i remember one sunday morning playing u14`s i was having particular trouble with the opposition winger,after the half times oranges, my dad marched over,gave me a telling off and said  "put the bugger in the nettles the next time he tries to go past you " he`d probably get thrown off the field and banned from watching if he said that now🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lol,it was encouraged when i was growing up,i remember one sunday morning playing u14`s i was having particular trouble with the opposition winger,after the half times oranges, my dad marched over,gave me a telling off and said  "put the bugger in the nettles the next time he tries to go past you " he`d probably get thrown off the field and banned from watching if he said that now🙂

Lucas Neil would be buggered these days!

I don't care what anyone says, football was a much better spectacle when it was both more physical and competitive.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I don't care what anyone says, football was a much better spectacle when it was both more physical and competitive.

i miss those games of standing on the blackburn end watching through driving rain when both sides were  smashing the **** out of each other in a hard but fair game

• Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 16:47, booth said:

Some amazing apologism on this thread. No one was asking for a £10m striker, just someone to lift the burden off a player that has exceeded all expectations as it is. And saying we could have signed someone crap is no excuse for signing someone. If the worry is signing disappointing players you'd never sign anyone. We are obviously light on goalscorers and have been since the season began. It's not like anyone was expecting any marquee signings, just a normal squad.

As an alternative to the way that we generally play, I'd have taken a punt on Jordan Rhodes. Thinking about Ryan Giles and Swansea in particular, he'd have filled his boots in South Wales.

Anyway, it is what it is, and I hope Dolan is back buzzing about as he does best tomorrow with Bucko and Rothwell in more advanced roles than of late, picking up the pieces and driving on.

Sneaking feeling that Dacky may be on the bench tomorrow too!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

It definitely was. It's gone too soft nowadays, especially in the Premier League. I would have loved to have seen the side we had with the likes of Neil, Todd, Nelsen, Mokoena etc get stuck into the current City and Liverpool sides.

They are quality teams, but they do have it that bit easier today with whistle happy refs blowing up for anything and everything.

On the subject of Lucas, I loved his robust style of play. No nonsense and he could play a bit too. Putting his departure to one side, he's probably my favourite Rovers right back.

• Like 1

I don’t see any goals in any of the teams that people are posting. None.

Could I come up with something better?! Probably not! Our best hope is that our 50p head defenders finally find the right side of the coin tomorrow from a set piece.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4