BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

So after last nights disaster class it’s clear the team needs shaking up. My team would be

KAMINSKI

LENIHAN. VAN HECKE. WHARTON

NYAMBE.                                          GILES

BUCKLEY.    TRAVIS

KHADRA.                                ROTHWELL

GALLAGHER

i think both the cms can win the ball back and Buckley can find a pass and unlock doors, those are his assets and that position is where he will best utilise them.  We all know rothwells dribbling ability and to be able to cut inside and hit one . We’re desperate for some one to be able to hit a decent shot or at least create some corners or mayhem dribbling into the box. With Buckley spraying passes to joe and reda I think we could create some havoc down the lines and cutting in. Giles can deliver a proper ball in. Last night no body was in the box and the ball had to be played back or turn back inside and wait for players to catch up. Buckley I’m the middle is never the answer. Gallagher facing goal and directly down the middle is the only position he should play. It’s make or break time for him. With so many injuries he needs to start producing. Give him a run of games there with quality either side of him and behind him and if he still looks like a clumsy oaf and can’t hit a barn door then regardless of the contract it’s time to move on before we have a Corry evans jason Lowe scenario with him . 

make or break time lads . A defeat here and it’s over as far as I’m concerned 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

make or break time lads . A defeat here and it’s over as far as I’m concerned 

It's over anyway as far as I'm concerned. We have literally no one to stick the ball in the net. We could've played all last night and wouldn't have come close to scoring.

We were in the with best shout of getting back to the Premier League in the last 10 years and we've totally fucked it. January was the time to show a little ambition, bring in a goalscorer and get back to where we belong. Alas, we bought a kid who has never played a game of league football and a bunch of midfielders, utterly unforgivable.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski 

Lenihan   van hecke  Wharton

Nyambe   travis   Rothwell    Giles

Dolan      Gallagher     Khadra

I'd mix the front 3 up. Gally through the middle and use the wide forwards as attacking wingers. Ditch the false 9

I’d prefer Buckley Instead of Rothwell and maybe Hedges instead of Dolan.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d prefer Buckley Instead of Rothwell and maybe Hedges instead of Dolan.

Buckley has been well out of form for a while now, Rothwell hasn’t been great but I’d be starting him over Buckley all day, not even a debate for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Must win really, not confident at all.

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton 

Nyambe Travis Rothwell Pickering

Hedges Dolan Khadra

My team also. Hedges needs to start over Gallagher and Bucko needs a rest. 

Time to shake things up a bit, the current system clearly isn't working.

I think we need to go less defensive with the formation, in spite of the fact that the defence has been the only slight positive recently.

Would like to see Gallagher play in his natural position and I think Hedges could thrive at CAM, I recall the Aberdeen fans saying he's a creator who's capable of making things happen. This is how i'd line up this weekend;

image.png.b3856778210cf5fa0bcd015b5724244a.png

Perhaps it's not too wise to switch it up for QPR (particularly from a defensive viewpoint)... but honestly, I really can't see how we will manage even a point against them at the moment anyway.

Worth a punt IMO.

Edited by TheRevAshton

I'm not sure what I would do for this game tbh given how QPR play but I do think we need to be more attacking and we need 3 attackers on the pitch for. I would be even tempt to go 4-4-2. But we need to press the ball more and play on the front foot. 

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Wharton  Pickering

Rothwell  Travis  Giles 

Hedges  Dolan  Gallagher

Subs:- Pears ,Van Hecke, Johnson, Khadra, Vale Buckley, JRC 

Would be very harsh on dropping Van Hecke but I want to play 4 at the back and was tempt to drop Nyambe but kept faith with him

• K-Hod pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If Hedges doesn't at least play a part in this game someone seriously needs to explain why he was signed.  Dolan also must start for me.

On Radio Lancs, after we signed Hedges, Nicko said he was a squad player....

Even a broken clock etc

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure what I would do for this game tbh given how QPR play but I do think we need to be more attacking and we need 3 attackers on the pitch for. I would be even tempt to go 4-4-2. But we need to press the ball more and play on the front foot. 

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Wharton  Pickering

Rothwell  Travis  Giles 

Hedges  Dolan  Gallagher

Subs:- Pears ,Van Hecke, Johnson, Khadra, Vale Buckley, JRC 

Would be very harsh on dropping Van Hecke but I want to play 4 at the back and was tempt to drop Nyambe but kept faith with him

A formation we have never played under Mowbray? What could possibly go wrong with that?

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

A formation we have never played under Mowbray? What could possibly go wrong with that?

We played 4-4-2 when Mowbray took over the club 

Plus we played 4-4-2 at Blackpool for 10 minutes of the first half and second half. We played better that day with that system then we did 4-2-3-1 this season

Edited by chaddyrovers

The worst thing of all this is that Mowbray, others at the club, and everyone in local press, seems to think us finally scoring could open up a floodgate of goals.

They're all as moronic as each other. It would affect nothing, we can't score because our forwards are crap at scoring goals,

An own goal off someone's arse, a penalty, a scuffed goal, will not change that.

2-0 QPR.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We played 4-4-2 when Mowbray took over the club 

Plus we played 4-4-2 at Blackpool for 10 minutes of the first half and second half. We played better that day with that system then we did 4-2-3-1 

So 5 years ago? With nobody in this current team then?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you ignore this season game then? 

Wasn't Nyambe, Lenihan and Gallagher not in that team?

We played 4-4-2 for less than half of ONE match, of a match we lost, and you think we can just switch back to it?