BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@Mercer is this you? Rothwell out for at least 2 games?

Screenshot_20220225-001358_Twitter.jpg

Nope.

Posted on the SU thread Rothwell had taken a knock and thought he was carrying his leg until the end of the match but have heard nothing else about his fitness. 

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Is it only me who thinks Gallagher has got progressively worse football wise since hes been back here ?

Never great but he's the shadow of the guy who was on loan here in a really poor side.  Always works hard these days but they've literally just turned him into a workhorse. If they'd made him a battering ram up top from the get go instead of winger/wide striker i'm sure he'd be a lot better.

I'd love to know what Mowbray actually says to Gallagher pre match. I'm also willing to bet he thought he played well on Wednesday because he ran about a lot, closed a lot of players down and drew a few fouls. It's almost as though scoring isn't even on his list of priorities. When he calls players out who need to be contributing goals he never really focuses on the player who should be #1 in the list. I can't even blame Gallagher 100% either because I think he's just following orders. A better manager could get better results out of him, I mean even Coyle managed a half decent return! That said, he could also grow some balls and question the managers decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'd love to know what Mowbray actually says to Gallagher pre match. I'm also willing to bet he thought he played well on Wednesday because he ran about a lot, closed a lot of players down and drew a few fouls. It's almost as though scoring isn't even on his list of priorities. When he calls players out who need to be contributing goals he never really focuses on the player who should be #1 in the list. I can't even blame Gallagher 100% either because I think he's just following orders. A better manager could get better results out of him, I mean even Coyle managed a half decent return! That said, he could also grow some balls and question the managers decisions.

For the early part of his loan, Gallagher looked a decent prospect, eg a bit of pace and an eye for goal.  By the end of it he was morphing into the slow, unthreatening lumberer he is now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Blimey, Chaddy. I would have thought that failed belief would have slapped you in the face like a wet fish by now. We don’t have one goal in the squad!!

I will always belief in my team and players in that Rovers shirt. 

I always look at everything as half full glass attitude not half empty as other does

So if we dont have one goal in squad how you explain the goals and goalscorers we have 

Screenshot_20220225-081037_BBC Sport.jpg

Edited by chaddyrovers

I don't see him tinkering with the formation as the defence is solid, but he may tinker with the forward personnel, either through choice or necessity

IMO he's got to shake something up.

We'll surely see Hedges again at some point, otherwise, what is the point of him?

Who knows what we'll see though? Mowbray's not shy of acts of randomness.

Edited by Wheelton Blue

30 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don't see him tinkering with the formation as the defence is solid, but he may tinker with the forward personnel, either through choice or necessity

We'll surely see Hedges again at some point, otherwise, what is the point of him?

I don't either. I would like to see Buckley pulled back into a midfield three and us narrowing the two strikers to actually be strikers. so a 3-5-2 rather than a 3-4-1-(wide)2

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

When he's been in the team because hes a workhorse and that's his job then as you say trying to get goals hasn't been a priority. Now it is the lad has no idea how to get himself where he should be regularly to get on the end of stuff and even less idea how to finish.

He's just spent the last 3 years basically being like a defensive wide forward and presumably training that way everyday. Sadly though having a big rough center forward/target man/battering ram doesn't fit this fabled Mowbray 'footballing way'. The one millions of Sky viewers have seen not score one goal in the last 5 games and lose to ten men twice.

The one that until this first half of the season has had us firmly going nowhere for several years.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I don't either. I would like to see Buckley pulled back into a midfield three and us narrowing the two strikers to actually be strikers. so a 3-5-2 rather than a 3-4-1-(wide)2

Agreed. We constantly get overran in midfield.

The false 9 Buckley definitely isn't working, put him in midfield where he played fantastically.

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The defence is solid because most of the team are playing as defenders one way or another.

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The defence is solid because most of the team are playing as defenders one way or another.

Correct. We don’t concede many goals because we play 8 defenders.

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The other side of that coin is we no longer create many clear cut chances. Especially given we are impotent from set pieces.

We should be good at them given we play with three CB’s (and Nyambe) yet other teams target us on this as a weak point! We simply can’t be practicing them in training as they’re pitiful. Khadra and co have barely been able to clear the first man.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will always belief in my team and players in that Rovers shirt. 

I always look at everything as half full glass attitude not half empty as other does

So if we dont have one goal in squad how you explain the goals and goalscorers we have 

Screenshot_20220225-081037_BBC Sport.jpg

I’m baffled why you’ve posted a chart that completely disproves your point.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We should be good at them given we play with three CB’s (and Nyambe) yet other teams target us on this as a weak point! We simply can’t be practicing them in training as they’re pitiful. Khadra and co have barely been able to clear the first man.

That's the issue.

We need a set piece taker, that player who can pass short and long, uses his passing to dictate the tempo of the game...probably the deep lying midfielder in a 3-1-4-2...takes corners, free kicks from either side.....

Khadra never plays and suddenly he takes the corners, free kicks and pens...very badly. 

Mogadon Out and half the team for not stepping up and leaving it to the young lad.

Early kick off, don't do well with this either, Sky, and must win all points to one thing, Roveritis.  A loss.  Roveritis is a medical condition where by the brain gives you hope only to be smashed into despair.  I can predict. Rovers NIL.  QPR, something but us NIL for sure 

Edited by USABlue

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

For the early part of his loan, Gallagher looked a decent prospect, eg a bit of pace and an eye for goal.  By the end of it he was morphing into the slow, unthreatening lumberer he is now.

Mowbary has destroyed the lads confidence keep asking him to do what he is not suited for.  Ended him as a player.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

Is it only me who thinks Gallagher has got progressively worse football wise since hes been back here ?

Never great but he's the shadow of the guy who was on loan here in a really poor side.  Always works hard these days but they've literally just turned him into a workhorse. If they'd made him a battering ram up top from the get go instead of winger/wide striker i'm sure he'd be a lot better.

Really think a different manager would have improved Gallagher. He was better when he was on loan but sadly under Tony has definitely regressed.

• Like 2