BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

BBD was tipped to be a star from a young age. In the England youth set up etc, obviously it took him a little while to get there but the raw talent was there and he’s now delivering at 22.

SG on the other hand doesn’t have that pedigree, which is fine, but he still isn’t improving after a fair few years now as a pro…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Twisting stats.

Diaz scored 2/3rds of his in just 5 months.

You know that already.

Which part of my post are you disagreeing with? 

I said Gallagher and Diaz scoring records are not dissimilar?

55 minutes ago, Gav said:

Don't tell anyone, but its not to dissimilar to Diaz..... who everybody said was shi1te too......Whisper it though.

Diaz has more ability in all aspects than Gallagher. He's the current equivalent of John Omara who left on a free after two didmal seasons to play for Chelmsford. Like Gallaghet he had a first touch that went for a throw in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really?so why would he sign a new contract here then recently

If I was Gallagher's agent, I would have snapped Rovers' hand off for an extended contract even on the same terms.

Why?  Because, IMO, he's a donkey and one very, very, very lucky lad to be paid so much for offering so very, very, very little.

I don't blame either Gallagher or his agent.  IMO, Mowbray spunked £5million up the wall on Gallagher and we will never see that money again.  IMO, to compound the error with a new contract is utter idiocy.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Hedges to the right, Gallagher in the centre, Khadra on the left

Buckley in centre mid, Travis and Rothwell with him.

Back 4  Nyambe, Wharton, Lenihan, Pickering.

I dont see us moving away from the back 3...the problem is Neither Pickering or Naymbe are true wing backs, so we end up with 5 defensive minded players + Travis.  That puts a lot of pressure on the likes of other 4.  That leaves 4 players who have a total of 12 goals between them.  And you wonder why we struggle to score?  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I can't see us moving away from a back three either. Playing in a certain style for a period of time, you wouldn't want to change it the week leading up to a game against a team next to us in the league. 

Plus, I wouldn't want to leave any of the 3 out, I think the only reason you could argue to leave van hecke out is that he's on loan where as the other two are 

All I think he will change is the front 3, well hopefully he will 🤣 surely he can't keep the same 

Edited by deanives

5 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Gally has 30 goals in 141 games with Rovers. I wonder how that compares to other forwards we’ve had? 

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Or 18 in 129.....

At least it's better than Chris Brown by 30 and 18 respectively.

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

id`e be keeping the back three,drop buckley back into midfield and play a 3/5/2,nyambe and pickering as wing backs and two strikers,gally and khadra/dolan,imo if khadra had been in the middle on wednesday we`de have scored a goal or two,i always favour pace against centre backs,they hate it,i can`t see any logical reason why mowbray plays buckley there,he is`nt fast,can`t shoot and can`t finish

Why are people asking for Vale to get game time? Is it because we simply have no other options? I can’t remember the last time a player scored goals for the under 23s then did it at first team level.

Nuttall was banging them in for fun for the under 23s and was awful even when we were in league one. Butterworth has looked really poor, Mcbride bagged a decent amount for the under 23s and although we never saw much of him he didn’t leave much of an impression. Why not actually play the lad we signed in Jan in Hedges? And why not play Gallagher down the middle instead of Buckley. Gallagher has his limitations, get him away from the channels and the wing and just stick him in the centre, it might mean a tweak of formation or set-up but we need it right now. The 5 at the back has been great and we are more solid defensively than we’ve been in years but something has got to change. Tomorrow has the feeling of a season defining game and I’m not confident. 

• Like 1

No ifs, no buts, we're almost in last chance saloon to get this promotion push back on track. A QPR victory is unthinkable. We have to win.

I'm going against instinct and think we'll scrape a win. The lads didn't deserve to lose at Sheffield and will be feeling aggrieved. Hopefully they can come out all guns blazing and put it right

Rovers 2-0

• Like 1

We have to try something. We really are desperate for something to happen up front.

We haven't got much to play with so its either Vale up-front in the middle or Gallagher or both if we change formation at the back/mid-field.

I can't see us doing that because keeping the score down to nil or one is just about the only thing left going for us.

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Just heard off someone supposed to be ITK, Rothwell not playing and Dack on bench but don’t want to bring him on, let’s see if true!!

I'd be in favour of that, we need something to give us a bit of a buzz, it's rapidly been going flat lately. U23's don't play till Monday either so it would be plausible. After that they don't play again till 14th March, if we wanted him to play in that too it would wipe out another 4 first team games, we need him back sooner...

Ok, I've been in the pub,  but bear with me......

Dolan for me has to start. Yes, he's raw, but he's an absolute PITA for defenders

Start with gally (yeah, I'm not his biggest fan either) but as a true centre forward.  If it's not going our way, bring Vale on as something different .

Buckley needs a rest but will obviously start with JR out. Drop him little bit deeper with Trav.

Dack on the bench as a morale boost!