BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

I've been thinking about our winning formula run.. and alot have mentioned our back 3 / 5 approach being the main reason, rightly so..

However I would be interested to see what our win % is when Dolan has played.. I have a theory (not based on science) that actually the main factor to our winning formula is both the new found defence and Dolan..

Dolan offers us an attacking threat / magician type with aggression that we don't have and this has opened things up for the likes of Khedra and Diaz..

I may well be proven wrong but this is only a theory but kind of adds up (in my head at least).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I've been thinking about our winning formula run.. and alot have mentioned our back 3 / 5 approach being the main reason, rightly so..

However I would be interested to see what our win % is when Dolan has played.. I have a theory (not based on science) that actually the main factor to our winning formula is both the new found defence and Dolan..

Dolan offers us an attacking threat / magician type with aggression that we don't have and this has opened things up for the likes of Khedra and Diaz..

I may well be proven wrong but this is only a theory but kind of adds up (in my head at least).

He must be a real nuisance to play against, he’s always buzzing around defenders. His lack of height makes us play the ball on the ground more.

• Like 3

Fatal February ends with a 3 points against one of nearest challengers. Woke up very early over here in Mexico and managed to see the goal no matter what anyone thinks it’s the winner and that’s all that matters. Rest up and let’s hope the physios can work their magic

We will never ever spend millions on defenders again under this ownership model.

Forget JPVH after this season there'll be another along next season or maybe our own Carter back. At some point the luck will run out with these borrowed center defenders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We will never ever spend millions on defenders again under this ownership model.

Forget JPVH after this season there'll be another along next season or maybe our own Carter back. At some point the luck will run out with these borrowed center defenders.

Why and who says?

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Honestly I don't think Dolan played that well - he started to run into the channel, then realised that Giles was going to carry the ball himself. Dolan then didn't drift central enough to give him a good option square - and Giles drew a very good save from the keeper. 

Having just watched the highlights, it was worse than I thought - Dolan was offside for the entire passage of play.

He probably could have squared it to Hedges though. 

On 24/02/2022 at 11:23, Displaced Rover said:

It's over anyway as far as I'm concerned. We have literally no one to stick the ball in the net. We could've played all last night and wouldn't have come close to scoring.

We were in the with best shout of getting back to the Premier League in the last 10 years and we've totally fucked it. January was the time to show a little ambition, bring in a goalscorer and get back to where we belong. Alas, we bought a kid who has never played a game of league football and a bunch of midfielders, utterly unforgivable.

Good job Blackburn Rovers don't think that way, there fight till the end spirit earned them the deserved 3 pts against Q.P.R. The rest of the top 8 have still to play each other, while rovers have 3 home games and have played most of the top 8 clubs. Keep playing the way you are Rovers and the supporters will soon get behind you again. By the way I didn't know it was a 12.30 pm kick off at Ewood, I set off at 1.15 pm to watch the match. It's a good job I met my sister on the way who told me it was a 12.30pm kick off. I missed the first half but watched the 2nd half at her house.

11 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

We were really at it today, unbelievable effort from all 14 players.

Kaminski - Didnt have lots to do, but was calm and a key ingredient to another clean sheet. 7

Nyambe - feel for the lad getting the injury, hopefully wont be out too long and we see him in the blue and white halves once more. Was doing okay from a defensive point of view, although didnt offer as much as usual going forwards. - 7

Lenihan - Grew into the game after some uncharacteristic mistakes first half, was solid enough -7

Van Ecke - I'm running out of words for this lad "a young Vincent Kompany". Outstanding again, did play the odd stray ball, but more than made up for it with some outstanding tackling, interceptions and general play - 9

Wharton - Another comfortable game for Scott, with his central partners totally shut out a QPR side, and prevented them playing 8

Pickering - We've really missed this lad, solid game, kept his winger quiet and was a willing runner covering for 2 at times when Khadra didnt track back -7

Travis - another dynamo performance in Midfield. He is never going to be hitting 35 yard killer passes, hitting 25 yard worldies or dribbling past 4 players. However the way he breaks play down and throws himself about, winds the opposition up, and never stops running has him as one of our most important players. Was fantastic today 9

Johnson - He has'nt seen much football this season, but offers some more physical grit in centre midfield from a defensive point of view. Was solid today, and with Travis won the midfield battle. Will be a key player for the run in - 8

Gallagher - I'm one of his biggest critics, but today for the hour or so he played, he played well. Better ball retention, won some key headers, played the right passes and hurried the oppositions defence into mistakes. - 8

Dolan - scarey to think that was the Boy wonders first start since November, how we will never know. Was head and shoulders the quality on show at Ewood today from either side. They just had no answers to his trickery, speed or tecnique. Had Giles lifted his head and squared the ball second half, Dolan would of had a goal to top off an excellent display -10

Khadra - he has the tools, but just not worked out how to best use them. At times his skill is breathtaking but decision making lets him down, when he dont pass or runs down blind alleys. Missed a couple of great chances before scoring a free-kick that only a few around the country would of attempted. Its a big goal in our season, and in him and Dolan, we need them both on the pitch as at times the two were just unstoppable. -8

Zeefuik - took a few minutes to settle but then made some big challenges and won key duels. Full of heart and dont mess about. 8

Hedges - important he got minutes on pitch and timing was about right to replace Gallagher. Saw enough to see he has some potential, and was solid change - 7

Giles - Was unlucky to lose his place in side, another good shift, although should of squared for Dolan 7

TM - We hear QPR were poor today, but thats an injustice to how well we played and made them poor. He made the big calls in leaving certain players out, he got his changes right, at the right time, and ultimately we've got three points against a side who were in form and prior to kickoff sat above us. Without doubt this is our biggest result of the season so far, because the wheels have been falling off in terms of results. 

I have been saying play Dolan and Khadra  together for months, they both have plenty of pace and are capable of scoring goals. Don't forget they are both in there early 20s and are still learning . It was an excellent rovers performance, plenty of team spirit and a never say die attitude. Whatever happens at the end of the season, let's not criticise this young rovers team, but give them praise for there performances this season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

We won quite a few games by one goal and if you see the build up to a lot of those goals Dolan was the one who won possession by being a pain in the ass to the opposition. 

He's a certain start for me in any game.

• Like 7

Class performance, dominated from start to finish. For me Dolan set the standard early doors with his work rate and skill and it raised everyones game including the crowds.Shame we cant put the ball in the net as could have been 4-5 with all those 1 vs 1 we managed to carve out.

Some really committed performances from players like Zeefuik and Gallagher as well with some power tackles that just sent QPR back into their shells. I don't think they wanted it in the end and just resorted to hurriedly passing it around the back four and arguing amongst themselves.

Overall great to see a coherent performance again after a couple of months of lacklustre huff and puff performances. Rothwell and Buckley can bide their time for me as that 11 deserves to start the next game. Hope Nyambe is ok looked a bad one.

7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I thought our young team generally were immense today and were proud to wear the shirt.

That should mean something to us all because it's been a long time coming. 

If only JP Van Hecke and Reda Khadra were ours too!

COYB!!

Interviewed after the game, you would have sworn they were ours! I'd love them to stay.

• Like 1