BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

A deserved win. We dominated that game and should have had a hatful. Loved the pressing and harrying. Dolan played a key part in that, he was excellent. Good performance from Johnson too, just a shame the pass to Nyambe wasn't played ahead of him.

I thought Gallagher had a good game. We looked a bit lost for a few minutes when he was replaced, but soon picked up again. Khadra and Dolan can be a right handful, they just need to sort their finishing out. An enjoyable game, now let's get at Fulham next Saturday. That is going to be an intriguing encounter. COYB.

• Like 1

Now that I get all the games, I can understand why many dislike Gallagher. Unless it’s delivered to him on a silver tray, he’s not scoring. And not even then sometimes. 

Beauty of a curve by Khadra. Glad to see him come through, he’s got to be beaming all week. 

Anything can happen. A move back up the table hopefully in the next few, COYB!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Phew, on balance we were the better side, but we never seem to make it easy. My Fulham review to come tomorrow!

Yeh, might as well review that game before it happens, it's a write off as far as I'm concerned.

What a difference 3 days (and a Tyrhys Dolan) makes. It was screaming out for him on Wednesday and Mowbray sat on his hands for far too long, he simply must start next game.

You'd take a draw at Fulham then onto 3 winnable home  games in a row, potentially a season saving performance and result today.

Add into the mix that if Dacky manages 90 mins on Monday he should make the bench for Fulham.

Looks like Nyambe will be out for 6 to 8 weeks which is a huge blow as we're left praying Zeefuik stays injury free now or we're in trouble. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I can understand why many dislike Gallagher. Unless it’s delivered to him on a silver tray, he’s not scoring. And not even then sometimes. 

The fans in the ground don't particularly dislike Gallagher Waco, his name was being sung loud and proud during the first half. 

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic and crucial win! Tense as anything but I thought Rovers put in a brilliant performance. It would've been easy for their heads to drop after the other night, and even at half time after missing 3 pretty clear chances. We should've been out of sight at the break but the character of this team to keep going is something special.

Get Fulham out of the way (there's no reason we can't get something from that one - this is the Championship after all) and we then have a set of very winnable fixtures coming up. Its hard to keep sight of the longer term when you're in the middle of a poor run and tough fixtures against the top teams in the league but we're nearly through the other side of that now.

• Like 1

Really feel for Nyambe. I hope for his sake he has signed a pre-contract or it now means he can agree terms with Rovers. He's such a good player at this level. Zeefuik was immense when he came on too.

Didn't watch the full game, but listened to the first half and saw the chances before tuning in for the second. Deserved win and some really good work from the front three. Kaminski rock solid when callled upon and great display again from each and every player. 

Highs and lows

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The fans in the ground don't particularly dislike Gallagher Waco, his name was being sung loud and proud during the first half. 

I think he's put in a couple of big tackles in recent games at Ewood that've required a long old sprint and a lot of commitment. For a lot of people in the ground that's all they want.

Personally I want a bit more from a £5m forward, especially when we haven't a pot to piss in budget wise, but you have to balance it out with the fact that our Tone insists on playing him on the wing when he is 100% but for playing through the middle. 

• Like 1

I thought Zeefuik looked good on the right today. Only seen him playing on the left earlier. Thought he made a good figure of himself today with some good interventions and runs. Same goes for Giles and I was actually a bit frustrated that Khadra was allowed to take another set piece while he was on. Just goes to show how much I know about football! Still...encouraged by the fact that todays subs didnt't weaken us. Long may it continue. Bring on Dack and Brereton Diaz and keep the back 3 and Kaminisky injury free and we could be in with a shout for promotion. Now....off to have another beer! Cheers fellow Rovers!!

• Like 3

It's such a relief to get a win and to finally score. with 15 minutes to go, I was convinced it was going to be another blank, but thankfully we managed one and should have had 2 or 3 more.

The defence was it's usual rock and although he may have his detractors, I though Gallagher was excellent. At one point in the first half, he showed what defending from the front was all about and love to see that in the strikers, as it takes the pressure off, before it starts.

Dolan certainly did his bit too and makes us more lively and constantly worries the defenders. It was fitting that Khadra got the goal, after his penalty miss at Sheffield UTD and here is hoping that the panic in front of goal calms down with the monkey off our back, and we start to compliment the defence and start collecting point again.

As Mark Warburton said after the match, had they won, they moved 5 points clear of us, so it was big today in every sense of the word. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A deserved win. We dominated that game and should have had a hatful. Loved the pressing and harrying. Dolan played a key part in that, he was excellent. Good performance from Johnson too, just a shame the pass to Nyambe wasn't played ahead of him.

I thought Gallagher had a good game. We looked a bit lost for a few minutes when he was replaced, but soon picked up again. Khadra and Dolan can be a right handful, they just need to sort their finishing out. An enjoyable game, now let's get at Fulham next Saturday. That is going to be an intriguing encounter. COYB.

Johnson was shite, Gallagher put a shift in but did nothing of note in attack (which is his main job).

These three home games coming are gonna be massive. Bournemouth have a similar stretch at home against fodder. I would say 2nd has gone but we could be difficult to move out of the playoffs with 3 home wins.

Surely it will be Dack time that first home game against Millwall.

Some massive performances today straight through the team. Everybody did okay, some brilliantly. Sloppy in the final third but Breo and Dack will certainly help!

Johnson, who I think is nowhere near good enough played well, Zeefuik looked quality in the tackle when he came on. Hedges had some nice touches and Giles should have been on for Pickering earlier.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Great win and decent performance.

Great credit for keep plugging away when it would have been easy to get nervous and frustrated. thought they did a good job of drawing them out a bit second half a creating a bit more space behind.

Dolan is such a livewire it's good to see but he and a few others in that forward line need some serious coaching in the art of releasing passes quicker. Too many trying too much and being greedy we'd make it easier for ourselves to create if they got their passes off to teamates.

Probably get tanked next week but hopefully a few more performances like this afterwards will keep us in the mix.

• Like 3