BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

• Backroom

Could have been 3 or 4 with a striker on the pitch, but considering I was convinced this would end in a 0-1 sucker punch I'll take a 1-0 to us all day long.

Still gravely concerned about our inability to take chances, but a win was vital today and we got what we needed. QPR were absolutely terrible and on that evidence will struggle to finish in the playoffs. 

We looked better without Rothwell and Buckley. It's surely Dolan's spot to lose now. Johnson however I expect will drop for Rothwell as and when the latter is fit again. 

• Like 4

Fucking get in boys!

Cracking result, cracking performance. 

Fulham next week is basically a free roll but if we play like that in the following 5 or 6 games we should be in amongst the play offs at the end of the season, and who the fuck thought that was possible at the start of the campaign?! 

Great win, fully deserved. Should have had a load more. Lack of goals still worrying.

Dolan and three centre backs really stood out. Superb. Thought Johnson did well given his lack of game time.

Didn’t think much of QPR at all, but then again I’ve said this about our opposition in last few games. It’s not a high quality league aside from Fulham.

Hopefully results go our way this afternoon.

Edited by Displaced Rover

Well deserved win.

Rarely allowed QPR to get into their game - thought they looked very poor.

Defensively excellent, Van Hecke superb.

Mowbray continues to baffle - puts Giles on for delivery and takes off 6 feet 5 inch Gallagher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Injuries piling up.  Sad about Nyambe, Travis also looks nobbled.

IMO, Hedges looks another donkey for the sanctuary - painfully slow.  

Edited by Mercer

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

great performance today,carved qpr apart at will,dolan excellent,when you play with a proper centre forward,especially one who is quick it`s a nightmare for defenders,feel sorry for buckley,he`s likely to be dropped now and it`s not his fault

Must be having a laugh? He deserved to be dropped. Missed alot of chances and was non existent in games apart of giving the ball away. Long overdue. 

He's not gonna get Trav or Rothwells place. Not good enough to get a place in the team in his preferred or any position. That's football.

Great result, fully deserved win. Played some excellent stuff. Hopefully kicks off a run for us now.

All that said the only player who looked like scoring was Khadra so thank God he did. We need some scoring form. What's annoying is when you are struggling to score set pieces are so important but our corners were all completely terrible.

Anyway superb performance, let's kick on.

• Like 1

I though Zeefuik was superb when he came on. Van Hecke MOM

Khadra is a real wildcard, you just have to keep feeding him. Had him at 19/4 first goal scorer, knew the free kick was going in. 

Great Win, wish it wasn’t Fulham away next but this is our tougher part of schedule.

Really missing a focal point in attack, it has to be Dack.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 5

Both Johnson and Dolan added a lot more today than Rothwell and Buckley have been doing: more bite in the middle. Another pitiful performance from Gallagher.

Anyway, I’d have taken two points from the last two games and I wouldn’t put it past us to Nick a point at Fulham. With only 7 goals conceded in the last 15, if we can keep that run rate for the remaining games we will be in the playoffs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Must be having a laugh? He deserved to be dropped. Missed alot of chances and was non existent in games apart of giving the ball away. Long overdue. 

He's not gonna get Trav or Rothwells place. Not good enough to get a place in the team in his preferred or any position. That's football.

when he`s in the middle of the park he`s fine,mowbray basically made him look a right **** putting him in at centre forward (false nine or whatever it`s called)he can`t finish,shoot,hold up the ball or run,the lad has got great passing ability though and for his size he`s a good tackler,he looks far better in midfield,i didn`t think he was going to make it,judging by last seasons showings,he`s improved a hell of a lot this season

• Backroom

Defence continues to be our anchor. Kaminski stepped up when called upon today, back three solid as always. Zeefuik also gave his best performance in a Rovers shirt so far after replacing Nyambe. 

Edited by DE.