BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

Just now, Devon Rover said:

I honestly don't understand this at all. Tombola Time? If Giles is to be in this team it can only be in Pickering's place. And I'm sure he would be much better there than Pickering. But his strength is crossing and we have no-one to cross to. So why is he even at the club? It's all totally devoid of any sense or strategy.

dear old tony,he does get carried away with his own opinion of his tactical prowess🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

For anyone still thinking about promotion. Remember this Fulham side will get battered every week. It would be a truely horrible season for us. Be lucky to get 10 points with this manager and side.

That's not the point, it would be a step closer to financial security for the club.

Not taking advantage of the opportunity is an absolute travesty.

• Like 2

Every time Dolan or Khadra get the ball, they are automatically programmed to try 3 tricks, drag-backs, step-overs, whether there is an opposition player there or not. Its school yard stuff. 

Dolan is there to press, but when he wins it, he hasn't a clue what to do with it, apart from immediately go into exhibition you-tube mode. It's hard to watch.

Men against boys.

Unfortunately Hedges must come on, to stretch them, and show some honesty. 

A strong, disciplined 1st 10 minutes, and we go again. 

It's not over until the 3rd goes in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Gifted two goals and little threat going forward.  Once Fulham break our "press" they outnumber us in central midfield and look like scoring.

That said, not easy without a number of our best players.

Let's keep the score down fellas.

"We're doomed."

1 minute ago, booth said:

That's not the point, it would be a step closer to financial security for the club.

Not taking advantage of the opportunity is an absolute travesty.

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, we need to be looking at what Burnley did - go up, pocket the change while getting battered every week, use the payments to buy the Championship again, then look to solidify. Especially considering where we were, if we continue in this way and miss out on top 6 this can be considered nothing other than abject failure.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He needs pulling. If this was JRC the pitchforks would be out across the board. One of the worst 35 mins from a Rovers FB for a long while.

On a par with his performance at Huddersfield earlier in the season. 

Horrendous first half. A lot of nonsense on here and elsewhere writing off this game as a lost cause before it started, obviously the most difficult game of the season but we are 4th in the table, fighting for promotion, we shouldn't be writing games off.  A terrible performance however with no positives.

We just don't ever look like scoring, Khadra looks like he cant be arsed and Dolan is as is usually the case full of energy (and a terrible dive) but lacking in anything of substance, Giles aside from one run has been non existent too

Kaminski making a terrible mistake for the 2nd time in 3 games. Van Hecke has been played by Mitrovic, keeping the ball in aside he keeps getting tight and getting rolled. Rankin Costello is not a Championship footballer either, Johnson and Travis non-existent.

We need the next goal.

• Like 3

Just now, Nuttall is lost said:

10 men behind the ball now and keep it at 2-0.  A pummeling will destroy confidence.

Or kickstart another good run as it did last time.

Blimey how desperate are we right now.

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I sadly agree. As much as I want promotion, we'd be the worst team in prem league history. 

I want promotion for the massive influx of money.

We'd get dicked in the PL, but it would provide us the ability to rebuild the club from the ashes. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

For anyone still thinking about promotion. Remember this Fulham side will get battered every week. It would be a truely horrible season for us. Be lucky to get 10 points with this manager and side.

But we need the money to get the Raos out of the club

• Like 3

We have no midfield out there and Kaminski had a howler. Frustrating to watch though.

I won’t overreact too much from this result, toughest fixture of the season and I went into it thinking a point would be in our favour. 
Hopefully results go our way later and we can concentrate on going on a run at home similar to our last defeat vs Fulham.