BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Well no he didn't did he but he did cost the game like David did on several occasions. Difference is he saved many points as well and it was always clear he would be class given the right coaching and management.

It's clear Pears is another Steele in the waiting at best but i'm just saying it goes with the turf if you have young back up keepers.

No, I very much think he did. The exaggeration is only slight. Raya in his last season with us probably only made about 3-5 actual balls ups with us in his last season. I don't mean mistakes, proper fuck ups like Pears. He also never threw the ball into the net in all his seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Doesn't mean so much now but I thought he was outstanding v Bournemouth away. Probably our best away win of the season. 

And I thought he was decent in it and it got over hyped because he had been so shite previously. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Greek lad has gone to Panathinaikos

Is this were in three years he’s ends up playing at Leeds or Leicester being tipped for bigger clubs . Would be a typical rovers move.

People talk about pears having a decent run before the Wigan cock up but I saw him at stoke away and whilst he kept a clean sheet the little he had to do he didn’t do convincingly and the defence was the reason for the clean sheet. Another reason why I ignore stats and go off what my eyes tells me. It might say clean sheet but I panicked every time it went near him. He really isn’t good enough and should be keeping goal at Hartlepool or somewhere. The Wigan game , horror mistakes aside, showed he doesn’t have the mentality to play at this level. He absolutely crumbled after that first goal went in.

i wasn’t at the Bournemouth game but I’ve never seen him even look steady in any match I’ve watched him in.

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is this were in three years he’s ends up playing at Leeds or Leicester being tipped for bigger clubs . Would be a typical rovers move.

People talk about pears having a decent run before the Wigan cock up but I saw him at stoke away and whilst he kept a clean sheet the little he had to do he didn’t do convincingly and the defence was the reason for the clean sheet. Another reason why I ignore stats and go off what my eyes tells me. It might say clean sheet but I panicked every time it went near him. He really isn’t good enough and should be keeping goal at Hartlepool or somewhere. The Wigan game , horror mistakes aside, showed he doesn’t have the mentality to play at this level. He absolutely crumbled after that first goal went in.

i wasn’t at the Bournemouth game but I’ve never seen him even look steady in any match I’ve watched him in.

In the Bournemouth away game the entire team played well. It is easier to look good when the rest of the team are playing well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Kai Naismith to Bristol City on a free is something we should of been all over…

One of Luton’s best players last season and would of been cheap wages wise. 

We can’t even keep two of our own players who want to stay!! Our new gaffer and his team are going to have to show some creativity, that’s for sure.

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think we all know how and why he ended up here but paying a fee for him as well is another reason i'm glad Mowbray didn't get a new contract.  There's been a constant pipeline for ex Boro being well looked after here so hopefully that's done now in favour of a little more sense.

• Like 2

PNE lad. #10. Interesting move. From the outside looking in with no 1st team manager in place, that's an U23's signing, maybe go out on a loan.

Walker is an interesting gamble. 

At PNE he was deemed to be better than Dolan talent wise. He can be an outstanding player on his day and the club gave him an extra two years to mature and sort out his attitude. 

The thinking at the academy was that he’d done enough to earn himself another deal this time round but it appears not. Either that or Rovers got in his ear first. 

“If you give him the chance that Dolan got you’ll have some player,” was what I was told. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He needs a proper loan.  League 1 or 2, none of this Lancaster City /Fylde bollocks

He's had a League Two loan before, two seasons ago. Yet, last season, he only got an AFC Fylde loan.

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Did a signing to make up the numbers for the kids team require the whole cryptic eye emoji routine?

Oh come off it, it's a bit of summer excitement whilst there's no football. That's what its all about. Let's not get super pedantic.

and at least it was accurate info...

Edited by JoeH