BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jim, You might think life is so simple but it isn't. People do background checks alot of the time to new managers or new jobs by just doing a simple background search. You might not but plenty of us do. 

Nothing to do with me - or you

Just telling you how the average footballer thinks 

Not a single new signing (if we actually get one) will be joining Rovers because of the credentials (good or bad) of the new boss

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Chaddy castigating someone else for looking at life ‘simply’ 😁

JDT the footballer will mean bugger all to most of the players, largely because a lot of them are very young and won’t remember him, that’s life.

He’ll impress them with his coaching, man management, presence and ability to get results, the fact he played for AC Milan getting on for 20 years ago won’t come into it one bit.

I’m suffering from a serious hangover and this comment has finished me off 😂 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not desperate for any news but Just asked a very simple question what his story was? 

are they rubbish? how do you know? maybe Rovers have asked the questions what the terms would be for any possible move so we have an interest in that. 

I wouldn't want to see 2 left footed at centre back

Really? You don't think the players haven't looked into his playing and coaching career when he was appointed as our head coach? 

If you want disagree that fine but I would have expect the players to do some basic background research into the new head coach background and listen to what he says given his vast experience in football

Sorry Chadster I was only joking mate, your commitment to find out any Rovers related news is unmatched and I salute you for it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Not a single new signing (if we actually get one) will be joining Rovers because of the credentials (good or bad) of the new boss.

I can't wait for the first new signing to be interviewed:

"I came here because of JDT, I watched him as a kid for Milan and I hope to one day play at very highest level"

😉

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I can't wait for the first new signing to be interviewed:

"I came here because of JDT, I watched him as a kid for Milan and I hope to one day play at very highest level"

😉

They might say the right things in public but a player moves for money - as much of it as possible

• Like 1

Ben Davies would be an interesting one.

Probably the biggest stretch ever in terms of a rumour, but we were driving by Brockhall yesterday morning (around 10.30am) and a flash car was behind us - couldn't tell you what make, I'm not a car person.

But I got my kids to turn and look for the reg plate, to see if I could work it out - it ended in 'BD'.

And, for some odd reason, the first player I thought of was Ben Davies.

About a 0.5% chance it was him, but to be fair, as a rumour it probably has more basis than most of the stuff you read from the likes of Nixon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Which is exactly my point, some of them don’t ‘love football’ at all, it’s just a job.

A lot of fans have the wrong impression that all footballers are as fanatical about the game, it’s history, it’s traditions etc as we are. Some are, of course, but a lot really aren’t that invested.

Exactly. The majority enter the football machine at 8 or 9 years old. They often don’t have the fandom of other kids and spend their spare time training and playing in a pretty pressured environment rather than supporting.

Obviously all kids are different, but there aren’t many who become fanatical supporters as well as players. Their formative years are very different to those of most of us. It’s a different indoctrination.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Nothing to do with me - or you

Just telling you how the average footballer thinks 

Not a single new signing (if we actually get one) will be joining Rovers because of the credentials (good or bad) of the new boss

Eh? You don’t know any footballers Jim. Turn it in will ya.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

But I got my kids to turn and look for the reg plate, to see if I could work it out - it ended in 'BD'.

Brereton-Diaz

Bradley Dack

BigDogg?

• Like 6

JDT is STILL hoping to sign the bearded Wonder from Malmo …. Malmo trying to offer him a new contract but Berget is adamant for one last dance … 

Scored Yesterday and had an Assist ….See if the money men will allow the manager a 31 going on 32 to take on board … 
1CC3F68E-59B7-444A-B5BC-C3D804D7EFFF.jpeg.8d83c6837f727130e686397c241eaa57.jpegHe can player anywhere at the top and also as a Right wing back ….

Bearded Wonder !

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

JDT is STILL hoping to sign the bearded Wonder from Malmo …. Malmo trying to offer him a new contract but Berget is adamant for one last dance … 

Scored Yesterday and had an Assist ….See if the money men will allow the manager a 31 going on 32 to take on board … 
1CC3F68E-59B7-444A-B5BC-C3D804D7EFFF.jpeg.8d83c6837f727130e686397c241eaa57.jpegHe can player anywhere at the top and also as a Right wing back ….

Bearded Wonder !

I just can’t see us getting value in this… esp it Malmö are going to force a decent fee.

29 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Bearded Wonder !

Got to be honest, this doesn't fill me with excitement or confidence. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Which is exactly my point, some of them don’t ‘love football’ at all, it’s just a job.

A lot of fans have the wrong impression that all footballers are as fanatical about the game, it’s history, it’s traditions etc as we are. Some are, of course, but a lot really aren’t that invested.

Just try a get an ex-footballer to pay at the gate to attend a match. Just once. If it’s not a complimentary they don’t want to know. There is no way 90% of them will pay. That’s how much they love football.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Ben Davies would be an interesting one.

Probably the biggest stretch ever in terms of a rumour, but we were driving by Brockhall yesterday morning (around 10.30am) and a flash car was behind us - couldn't tell you what make, I'm not a car person.

About a 0.5% chance it was him, but to be fair, as a rumour it probably has more basis than most of the stuff you read from the likes of Nixon.

Probably Bryan Douglas.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahhh my bad, you know them ALL then obvs? Just with you saying “Not a single new signing” will care about the manager or opportunity….rubbish.

I didn't say you were bad (I'm sure you're a very pleasant person), just mistaken

• Like 1