BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know where this idea that staying at Rovers is ambitious has come from all of a sudden? The usual empty words about “projects” and “journeys” and “wanting to get promoted to the premier league” are never backed up by anything remotely resembling ambition.

So many windows over the last decade have surely confirmed that we have no ambition, but to be a parody of Crewe Alexandra. Compare this to how we performed tin the 80's......Managed decline etc. 

A new book out shortly-" Venky's: Learning from their mistakes...

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wigan haven't signed anybody yet apart from untested young players Brennan being one of them from us who we declined to offer a new contract.

When we got promoted from league one we spent considerably more than they have done.

It wasn't too long ago you were wishing we were like Derby 

That tells us something then doesn't it? Wigan not signing many yet able to do what we couldn't where Nyambe is concerned.

Derby are offering more money than us and will be above us within the next 2-3 years and in far better financial health.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He was on a low wage here a few grand, and the new offer wasnt much better, wouldn't take much to sign for Wigan without them pushing boat out

If that's true it's absolutely fucking appalling.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That tells us something then doesn't it? Wigan not signing many yet able to do what we couldn't where Nyambe is concerned.

Derby are offering more money than us and will be above us within the next 2-3 years and in far better financial health.

Derby are offering more money than us?How do you know this?Funny because they can only pay new players a max of £8k per week?

What you Think and what is fact are 2 different things.

On Nyambe, firstly no move to Wigan has been completed, secondly if going there it shows his demands ain't extortionate but at the same time, if he has the quality that is suggested then why is he going to a newly promoted club, suggests to me bigger clubs weren't interested enough to sign him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Since Venky’s decided to freeze out Salgado, we’ve made numerous attempts to solve the problem right back position. Only one has worked.

Bradley Orr, Jason Lowe, Adam Henley, Bruno Ribeiro, Todd Kane, Ben Marshall, Elliott Bennett, Paul Caddis, Joe Rankin-Costello, Deyovaisio Zeefuik… Nyambe has been the one shining light in a sea of disappointment, wingers of varying quality, and utter shite. 

Easily replaceable? Really?

Now come on, we only need the five or six first team players and we still have nearly a whole fortnight before the season begins 😉 

I look forward to reading the gospel of Waggott from one of his disciples later this evening.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Since Venky’s decided to freeze out Salgado, we’ve made numerous attempts to solve the problem right back position. Only one has worked.

Bradley Orr, Jason Lowe, Adam Henley, Bruno Ribeiro, Todd Kane, Ben Marshall, Elliott Bennett, Paul Caddis, Joe Rankin-Costello, Deyovaisio Zeefuik… Nyambe has been the one shining light in a sea of disappointment, wingers of varying quality, and utter shite. 

Easily replaceable? Really?

Nyambe is a solid Championship right back, nothing outstanding, not one of the very best in the league and with his own limitations but a solid option in a back 4 of whom re-signing would leave 1 less headache to solve. A very competent one on one defender with good attributes and at a good age.

That horrendous list of shite shows why you and many others are very justified in having no faith that we can replace him adequately however, thats just modern day Rovers with minimal budgets and with incompetence stemming from the very top.

28 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Criminal? It shows the level of his ambition and reflects poorly both on himself and his fuktard agent!

Are they the losers who got the L1 title the year we came runners up?

Rovers v Wigan head to head during Vs reign of terror is quite even in that Wigan have won more. 

The false pride on here is astounding.

Wigan are not going up, neither are we.

Both are more likely to be looking over their shoulders.

He will go to whomever pays him more than the washers offer from us.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If Nyambe goes Wigan this week & we still don’t make a signing then this message board will literally blow up.

If we had players already in then I wouldn’t bat a eye lid. We all know Nyambe is easily replaceable.

Probs won’t, I’ve got faith in our server….

It won’t cost much to tie Nyambe to a new deal. Finding a replacement for the same amount of money will be almost impossible. He has an impeccable track record here, but to be fair he needs to improve in the final (attacking) third. Wigan would be a real blow. 

• Like 1

I dont get such a common narrative coming from such certainty that Nyambe's agent must be screwing him over. Im unsure if its as he is popular and as a result slightly overrated or if it stems subconsciously from his agent being mentioned as an issue when in fact its an easy scapegoat. But if Wigan have offered more money which is the million dollar question then hes just joined a side in the same division in a fairly close location for more money.  

The only losers really are Rovers unfortunately.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nyambe is a solid Championship right back, nothing outstanding, not one of the very best in the league and with his own limitations but a solid option in a back 4 of whom re-signing would leave 1 less headache to solve. A very competent one on one defender with good attributes and at a good age.

That horrendous list of shite shows why you and many others are very justified in having no faith that we can replace him adequately however, thats just modern day Rovers with minimal budgets and with incompetence stemming from the very top.

He can play central defender as well, especially as one of a back three. He’s better than Edun, Pickering, JRC and about the same level (or better) as Wharton for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Wouldn’t get too excited about Nyambe going to Wigan. I heard at the rugby last Friday that they havent signed one first team squad player yet, in this window and also that for the last two months their wages have been paid late each time.

Exactly but don't tell JHRover this Wigan are a much better run club than us and we can't compete financially with them 

29 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know where this idea that staying at Rovers is ambitious has come from all of a sudden? The usual empty words about “projects” and “journeys” and “wanting to get promoted to the premier league” are never backed up by anything remotely resembling ambition.

It was his agent telling people he was a premier player in waiting when there was alleged interest from leeds so it shows imo the real level of his ambition because Wigan are going nowhere fast

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

It was his agent telling people he was a premier player in waiting when there was alleged interest from leeds so it shows imo the real level of his ambition because Wigan are going nowhere fast

Same as us.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The only thing it shows is that Wigan are offering more than us for a player we would “love to keep” and offered “the best deal we could”.

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

The only thing it shows is that Wigan are offering more than us for a player we would “love to keep” and offered “the best deal we could”.

i think his agent and himself outplayed their hand and now they have to swallow their pride and play for a **** side who play in a quarter full stadium,ffs it`s so desperate at the dw they play music whenever  they score

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Derby are offering more money than us?How do you know this?Funny because they can only pay new players a max of £8k per week?

What you Think and what is fact are 2 different things.

On Nyambe, firstly no move to Wigan has been completed, secondly if going there it shows his demands ain't extortionate but at the same time, if he has the quality that is suggested then why is he going to a newly promoted club, suggests to me bigger clubs weren't interested enough to sign him 

But we have no right back.  Nyambe leaving before a replacement is just piss poor management.

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

How do you know that his agent was saying that?

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think his agent and himself outplayed their hand and now they have to swallow their pride and play for a **** side who play in a quarter full stadium,ffs it`s so desperate at the dw they play music whenever  they score

We have the highest % of empty seats in the league. The music is really irritating although if he is getting thousands a week more I think he will get over it. If.

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

But we have no right back.  Nyambe leaving before a replacement is just piss poor management.

I like Nyambe.I would have wanted to keep him.But if he does join Wigan it doesn't mean we can't compete financially with Wigan, it will mean we chose not too.As already stated we have a higher wage bill(which Broughton said was the same as last season) and we pay our higher earners more than they do.

JhRover posted that within the football community Wigan are seen as a better run club and a better option  than us.They haven't signed a senior player either yet and are just promoted from league 1 , last 2 months late with wages and have a squad made up of league one players.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Now come on, we only need the five or six first team players and we still have nearly a whole fortnight before the season begins 😉 

I look forward to reading the gospel of Waggott from one of his disciples later this evening.

The gospel is everyone who leaves it's all on them, all their fault Steve did everything he could.

He must serve some f##### amazing coffee that fella.

• Like 5