BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But it does mean a lot to so many. In the space of a couple of hours it has filled a few pages on here and my twitter feed is full this morning of what a good move it would be. So job done in that respect. No more anger about the Nyambe situation and lots of people feel better about the direction things are going if we are 'trying' to sign this lad.

I don't think it is some elaborate conspiracy. Just that those running things at Rovers are quite happy for fans to believe things are happening and will do nothing to dispel the rumours, it suits them to the ground for people to believe they have money and ambition even when the evidence suggests they don't.

Just like Assombalonga and Kipre did in windows past and the lad from Malmo did earlier this summer. None actually arrived and probably never were going to given the finances involves as they would have all been completely at odds with the business conducted by the Club over the last 3-4 years. But they served a purpose in convincing people stuff was happening and good signings were coming. Then they didn't and we turned to the loan market instead.

How many other boards within the football pyramid do you see come out and squash every rumour the media publish in public?

I challenge you to find me one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I remain amazed how many forum members think they know better than those who work in football, if Boro and Wilder are after him then clearly they think he is a quality player!

Tend to agree. 

Only have to look at Giles. Utterly wasted here yet at Cardiff the Championship assist king and last night a hattrick of assists for Middlesbrough.

Wilder knows what he is doing.

We can't let anyone go.

Besides Middlesbrough couldn't afford Gallagher. Unless FFP doesn't apply to them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Tend to agree. 

Only have to look at Giles. Utterly wasted here yet at Cardiff the Championship assist king and last night a hattrick of assists for Middlesbrough.

We can't let anyone go.

Besides Middlesbrough couldn't afford Gallagher. Unless FFP doesn't apply to them.

I think Gallagher could be a right handful at Championship level if utilised properly. I certainly wouldn't be happy with him going especially to the Smoggies who are getting right on my tit end at the moment.

Edited by Gordon Ottershaw
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Tend to agree. 

We can't let anyone go.

Giles was wasted here because Mowbray insisted on playing him as a RW, then evidently fell out with him.

If Boro want to stump up £5m+ for Gallagher and take his wages off our books I'm sure JDT would be interested (if he gets to use the full transfer fee to replace him).

We know what Gallagher is about as a player.

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I remain amazed how many forum members think they know better than those who work in football, if Boro and Wilder are after him then clearly they think he is a quality player!

Well technically the story says they've enquired. ie they'll be asking if he's available and how much we want for him. They're not going to offer a fee we'd be happy with.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Well technically the story says they've enquired. ie they'll be asking if he's available and how much we want for him. They're not going to offer a fee we'd be happy with.

I'd snap their hand off for what we paid for him IF the money is given directly to spend.  Surely GB and JDT could do a bit with 5m

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I’m also amazed that anyone that has seen Sam Gallagher play football thinks he’s been a quality player for us tbh.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

Brittain's on his way - very trusted journo in South Yorkshire Andy Giddings

Signing a player like this to replace Nyambe is how business should be done. (That's signing a better player, obvs we should have got money for Nyambe!)

Let's hope it comes off and another championship club doesn't try and sign him just for Lolz.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, alex l said:

Don't know much about him but Wiki says he wears number 7. It's back to the days of Emerton at RB, or better yet, Ben Marshall wearing 10. 

Give me a Bert any day of the week. Really reliable player up and down that wing.

• Like 3