BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

None of them deemed good enough by TM.Even the previous season when we had dead rubbers he didn't have a look at any of the young players.A different manager may see things differently.

We need signings in but we do have 2 or 3 young lads that could make an impact this season 

These are very fair points, and I'm not ruling the lads out by any means. Probably all of them should have been given a shot against Brum. My point is only really how little evidence there is that they can be so confidently assumed to be good enough that we need 4 less signings as a result.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Any minute now right.. Any minute and we have our first signing 

I doubt it, if he did a medical today that doesn’t leave much time for the media department to do their stuff. I suspect it’s likely tomorrow, if it’s today it will be a Twitter post with a picture max. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Just to be clear, I think Nyambe is average to good. That’s it. His one year deal at Wigan seems to corroborate this. It’s a shame we’ve lost an academy lad but I don’t think we’ll miss him for long. 

How many of our defenders would you consider as average to good?

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Just to be clear, I think Nyambe is average to good. That’s it. His one year deal at Wigan seems to corroborate this. It’s a shame we’ve lost an academy lad but I don’t think we’ll miss him for long. 

Yes, a solid Championship full back - but probably will never prove to be more than that, and in the modern game where full backs are expected to provide an attacking threat his limitations in that sphere will probably hold him back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Actually, just to play devil's advocate - maybe we just didn't want him enough to give him what he thought he was worth?

Or, bare with me here, he didn’t want to play here anymore..

Can't pretend to have seen enough of Nyambe to say this for sure. But always struck me as having the attributes to be a better center back or midfield destroyer than modern day fullback. Of all the lads who have walked this summer, he's probably the one I was least disappointed with. And also the one I most expected us to hold on to. Don't hold any grudges. Just sort of meh.

Edited by patrickvalery
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Nah it’s pretty split on here with probably more people saying we should have kept Nyambe.  It’s the other way regarding Brittain on their forum.

Maybe they are just a bit more bitter on there than we are on here.

Or he's shit Matt.

43 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just placing it on record, whilst I don’t know too much about Brittain, I really rated Nyambe. I thought he was fantastic at right back, a very good right centre back at this level and a good right wing back. So Brittain must be some player to be better than him… and must be on very low wages to be a better financial decision. 

He is a Ayer with limited ability can’t head can’t cross and cannot score goals unlike a Chris Price right back!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Why does being "an academy lad"  make him any less worthy than aomeone who didn't come through the academy?.

That sort of attitude is the crux of the problem with Nyambe imo. Seems to have been an assumption that because he was on a shit wage having coming through the Academy he was therefore only worth a relatively modest amount for his new deal whereas Lenihan was offered far more.

Think we need to have an urgent rethink on the wage structure for Academy Graduates and concentrate on their actual value to their team rather than what they're currently on otherwise this will happen again and again.

• Like 3

Isn’t it possible that the new manager assessed nyambe and decided he wasn’t right for the club going forward. It would explain a lot. Why else would he end up with such a weird ending after reentering negotiations with the club. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He is a Ayer with limited ability can’t head can’t cross and cannot score goals unlike a Chris Price right back!

Chris Price would cost a fortune in today's market. Personally I prefer defenders who can defend first and foremost,  if they can contribute going forward that's a bonus. This notion that every full back can play like Trent Alexander Arnold is a bit of a myth imo, there's only a very select few at the very top of the game who are exceptional going forward and adequate defensively.

Edit: Anyhow, spilt milk to an extent, let's hope we get Brittain in, let's hope he's a lot better than Zeefuick was who many people confidently predicted was also better than RN and let's hope we can get the other three top signings and four or five decent loans in we need.

(Maybe) one down. Seven or eight to go.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, neophox said:

Callum Styles is a foreigner....hungarian. The one who said we are looking at foreign signings...

English born. He still identifies himself as an Englishman and Says he will support England at the world cup 

At least something appears to be happening, can't get fully excited till we announce someone on twitter though 😕 

On Nyambe I can't recall many players that age signing a 1 year contract! They're usually reserved for players at the end of their career. Either desperation on his part, or maybe he thinks he can prove himself in a year to actually earn a progressive move in his career. As I said yesterday Wigans first choice right back is also their captain, are they gonna strip him of the armband to fit Nyambe in or is he going to be a bench man? OR a centre half I guess. Sadly I don't see him making much of an impact and continuing with his dodgy hamstrings. I genuinely hope to be wrong though and hope he does well for himself.

Would be very happy with Brittain and hopefully the transfer floodgates would then open too 😀 

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

At least something appears to be happening, can't get fully excited till we announce someone on twitter though 😕 

On Nyambe I can't recall many players that age signing a 1 year contract! They're usually reserved for players at the end of their career. Either desperation on his part, or maybe he thinks he can prove himself in a year to actually earn a progressive move in his career. As I said yesterday Wigans first choice right back is also their captain, are they gonna strip him of the armband to fit Nyambe in or is he going to be a bench man? OR a centre half I guess. Sadly I don't see him making much of an impact and continuing with his dodgy hamstrings. I genuinely hope to be wrong though and hope he does well for himself.

Would be very happy with Brittain and hopefully the transfer floodgates would then open too 😀 

It would be incredibly sad for Nyambe if he ends up warming Wigan's bench. I doubt very much that their RB is better than him, but if he's the captain he's gonna be hard to dislodge. Wigan must be paying a lot for Nyambe by their standards though surely. Perhaps they'll play Nyambe at RCB, or shift their captain to a different position.

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Whereas mine has said 

“He’s very good, not great around the box, couldn’t hit a barn door but confident on the ball and sharp as fuck. Bastards!”

Only one way to find out!

We await with bated breath, the footballing brain of Brittain

46 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

As I said yesterday Wigans first choice right back is also their captain, are they gonna strip him of the armband to fit Nyambe in or is he going to be a bench man? OR a centre half I guess.

I think they're planning on playing him on the right of a back three. 

• Like 1