BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Perhaps venkys will splash some real cash this summer now Mowbray has gone. I don't think they really trusted him with a bigger budget 

That might well be true from the way things have gone. But I just find it bizarre.

After all why wouldn't they trust him when his biggest deals - Dack, AA, Brereton and Gallagher have overrall been successful??

Of course he dropped some clangers and the Pears and Hedges ones were sackable in themselves, but it isn't as though he had a dire record with their investments is it?

They knew him and worked with him for 5 years, wouldn't back him when in with a shot at promotion but now are going to throw money at Broughton and JDT who they don't know. Just seems odd but I hope they do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think the most impressive element of the deal is the professionalism of it. To have an actual Director of Football talking about the background to the deal, the logic behind it and even thanking Barnsley for their part in it just suggests to me a lot more of a professional structure in place. Don't need to hear from JDT on this - Broughton can handle it

Absolutely agree 100% on this part. Exciting in itself.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Some over reach there. The season ticket line in particular is extremely laughable.

We just signed a league 1 full back whose fans seem pretty happy that he is leaving, whilst letting our own adequate player leave on a free.

I’m seeing ‘young’ ‘energetic’ etc. He’s the same age as Nyambe! We’ve just paid a fee to sign someone who is only potentially an improvement purely because we can’t handle our own affairs.

Not really a league one full back is he tho bit like Wigan fans saying they have just signed some unemployed fella.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

That might well be true from the way things have gone. But I just find it bizarre.

After all why wouldn't they trust him when his biggest deals - Dack, AA, Brereton and Gallagher have overrall been successful??

Of course he dropped some clangers and the Pears and Hedges ones were sackable in themselves, but it isn't as though he had a dire record with their investments is it?

They knew him and worked with him for 5 years, wouldn't back him when in with a shot at promotion but now are going to throw money at Broughton and JDT who they don't know. Just seems odd but I hope they do.

I'm not convinced it was a trust thing, I just think we come way down the pecking order and Covid probably accentuated that, yet the new management team have somehow pushed us up the list. Or because of their warped thinking ignoring Mowbray was kinder than sacking him. Not even sure it's a money thing in truth, more of the way they operate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Not really a league one full back is he tho bit like Wigan fans saying they have just signed some unemployed fella.

Well he played the whole season for a team who got relegated to League 1 so yes that’s exactly what he was once we signed him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Let’s be honest who here has ever finished a sticker book. Maybe the video is an analogy of just how difficult it is to fill the spaces 😅

Not unless you're willing to spend a lot of money acquiring the stickers... 👀

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Some over reach there. The season ticket line in particular is extremely laughable.

We just signed a league 1 full back whose fans seem pretty happy that he is leaving, whilst letting our own adequate player leave on a free.

I’m seeing ‘young’ ‘energetic’ etc. He’s the same age as Nyambe! We’ve just paid a fee to sign someone who is only potentially an improvement purely because we can’t handle our own affairs.

Yeh reading their fans response they seem very pleased, accusing him of downing tools and sulking last season and not being up for the survival fight.

That being said, many of our fans are saying similar negative things about Nyambe, so i tend to take departure reactions with a pinch of salt

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

How do you know Nyambe wanted to be at the club? No good keeping someone who wants to leave, good riddance.

I don’t know that, but you also don’t know he wanted to leave so you contradicted yourself in your own paragraph. 
If anything we were told by ‘ITKs’ there was ongoing contract negotiations for quite a while

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Not really no hate from nyambe he was a great servant for the club but the amount of times he got into positions to cross and chose to just play a pass back used to drive me mad.

Should he have been whipping them balls in to (the false 9 of) Dolan and Buckley all season as he overlapped Gallagher on the right wing?

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Id have given Ryan a payrise 

Tbh so would I but they never and I think brittan will fit in better for the way we want to play I'd possibly have signed him even if we had given him a pay rise and used him as a cb. I'm not a Nyambe hater in the slightest.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Just a quick reminder guys- we don’t want you baiting each other about things that have been said in the past, particularly if you’re being incredibly economical with the truth. We’ve not handed out many warnings at all recently and I’d love for that to continue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Ryan wanted to move to something new, been at the club for 13 years......leave it there.

No problem with that. The weird bit is moving 20 minutes down the road to a weaker club for a one year deal. Did he want “ something new” that bad

• Like 4

Brittain is a decent signing on the face of it in an area of the pitch were we are weak. He will have to but the ground running and hopefully gets a start at Lincoln. We still desperately need a few more yet though but it's a start.

• Like 1