BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I find with these young kids loaned from PL clubs that they are two extremes, either very good (Elliot) or very poor (Clarkson) so I'll reservations judgement until I've seen him play a few competitive League matches. My real worry though is that bringing them in stifles the progress of our own youngsters in this case Garrett and Wharton.

There’s interest in Garrett for a loan move according to Rich Sharpe. Think that would be good for him to get regular minutes, he looks like in time he could be a player 

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

More likely to move for nothing in a years time.

I agree that’s the most likely option, however he would have to think about signing a new deal because

1) if he has a bad season this time, how much would a club be willing to give him next summer?

2) he’s one bad injury away from being worth nothing to anyone next summer, a guaranteed 30k+ per week for 4 years gives him financial stability

3) if he’s currently on say £8k per week (this might actually be over estimating his wage), a 30k per week contract would be giving him 22k per week extra that he wouldn’t otherwise get

He’d have to consider it.

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

There’s interest in Garrett for a loan move according to Rich Sharpe. Think that would be good for him to get regular minutes, he looks like in time he could be a player 

Would be great for him to feature regularly, though at this stage he would be needed should Travis take a knock.

Since we're apparently looking at Brannagan there's probably an opportunity to make a deal with Oxford there, a 'sell us Brannagan and we'll loan you Garrett' sort of thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Im only 44 lol, 

Ive a few years on you then [which is probably why I missed the 'r' off never] - still have the programme from when Moore played at Ewood for Fulham!!

(Bobby Moore-Neve sounds like someone Shebby would've signed]

• Like 1

Not sure i understand the game 😅

1 - Grobbelaar

2 - winterburn (i know I meant Dixon but winterburns name popped into my mind first ha) 

3 - Le saux

4 - Matthäus

5 - Baresi

6 - Batty 

7 - Anderton

8 - Gascoigne 

9 - Schillaci

10 - Hagi

11 - Brolin

🤷‍♂️ Just the first names that came to my mind when thinking of the numbers, you can probably pin point my age with the names hahaha 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

28 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Call me simple but ever since I started watching football, I never understood why it wasn't

2 3 4 5 

6 7 8 9

10 11

2 3 (full backs)

4 5 6 (half backs)

7 8 9 10 11 (forwards)

[Edit] this makes me seem really old. I'm 34

[Edit again] That's when numbering came in as I understand it, then when it translated to 442, either the 4 and 6 or the 5 and 6 dropped back into defence, and the 8 dropped back into midfield 

Edited by XLM
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Then you missed his bestvyears as an out and about number 9

Really is like watching 2 different players if you see how he played for us in his first few years to what he was at Newcastle in his later years

We definitely got the best end of the stick 

To be fair he did suffer a lot of very bad injuries in his career so had to adjust his game, it's ridiculous he was still able to play and score at a high level for as long as he did really! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

If we are going to be playing wing-backs, then I think we have to be spending money on someone of quality and pace to play that position. Pickering as back-up would be just about ok, but I can see a wing-back system being totally exposed down our left if Pickering starts there. If Styles would be as good a LWB as people are suggesting (I haven't seen him play there) then this would seem an ideal fit.

Styles isn't renowned for his defensive qualities. According to a Barnsley fan he played as a 'LWB' that was really a left midfielder he was so high up the pitch. Doubt he would shore us up at all in that role. What he is good at is attacking.

Got to remember that Rovers are looking at these players qualities AND their flaws on the assumption they can polish them up.

No such thing as a good all rounder or perfect package is coming to Ewood we'll have to take the rough with the smooth i'm afraid. 

18 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

1 - Schmeicel

2 - Cafu

3 - Tugay 

4 - Berg

5 - Tugay

6 - Sammer

7 - Ripley

8 - Dunn

9 - Shearer

10 - Jansen

11 - Duff

About time someone went with mostly Rovers players!! The first list shamefully didn't include any, but had 3 Manure scum!

Now take Schmeichel off your list, put Friedel in, wash your mouth out with soap, drop that loser Cafu for Salgado, drop that also-ran Sammer for the mighty Le Saux, and pat yourself on the back!

• Like 2

1 - Shilton

2 - Neville

3 - Carlos 

4 - Viera

5 - Tugay

6 - Adams

7 - Waddle

8 - Gazza

9 - Shearer

10 - Maradonna

11 - Giggs

Or for Rovers players only

1 - Friedel

2 - Price

3 - Wright 

4 - Sherwood

5 - Tugay

6 - Le Saux

7 - Ripley

8 - Dunn

9 - Shearer

10 - Newell

11 - Wilcox

22 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Don't think Jackson would know an exclusive if it hit him in the face!

Don't think it's a secret that he is on the list of Rovers' options.

• Like 1