BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Has any context been added to these supposed whispers about training? Where (even if you cant name the individual) did they come from, are they direct from source and if someone is saying such things purely to appease curious fans, I do wonder if Tomasson will cut him away should he ever find out?

To save me scrolling through pages can anyone explain this paragraph please?

Was stood close to JDT at the match. He's got a temper. Got really angry and had a shouting match with his #2 who was disagreeing with him on something in the last 5 or 10 minutes.

If Dacky and him locked horns in training then there's only one winner, I wouldn't argue with JDT.

Dacky is likely being put in his place and being taught a lesson if he got too high and mighty in training.

Once that's run it's course he'll be back in the team. Storm in a tea cup and normal player/coach dynamics.

Just my interpretation of course. Time will tell. JDT does have a good flare up in him!

• Like 5

Think there's a lot of assumption going on with this Dack thing it's likely nothing more than a player really wanting to get on and being pissed off he didn't.

From his point of view he'll see himself still as the main man here and he's lost his father figure manager who maybe pandered to him a bit.

There'll be a new pecking order now they'll all have to get used to after 5 years of the last one.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Think there's a lot of assumption going on with this Dack thing it's likely nothing more than a player really wanting to get on and being pissed off he didn't.

From his point of view he'll see himself still as the main man here and he's lost his father figure manager who maybe pandered to him a bit.

There'll be a new pecking order now they'll all have to get used to after 5 years of the last one.

Dack is too important in the dressing room for JDT to let him be unhappy. The manager will find a way to keep him happy and on board... or it'll be at his own detriment. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Dack is too important in the dressing room for JDT to let him be unhappy. The manager will find a way to keep him happy and on board... or it'll be at his own detriment. 

OR  he'll move him on and nip the problem in the bud.

• Like 1

Can see it two ways. Is it better for him to be frustrated at not getting on the pitch. Show his frustrations without doing anything really out of line. Or for him as one of the highest earners to be happy just watching. He is still arguably one of the best goal scorers in the team. He can still play a massive part even if only getting a limited amount of game time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Am I right in thinking that the unhappy dack theory came from one guy in the crowd who basically said that dack didn't wave to him?

Its taken on a life of its own by now we've gone from bench, pitch after the game, outside the stadium to the inner sanctum of the dressing room.

• Like 1

So back to transfers.

By the looks of it, Szmodics is likely to be signed today or tomorrow and I keep being told styles will by the end of the week.

Hopefully we can get a CB as well in this week.

One thing that worries me is that we have not been linked with any forwards at all. I would have though with BBD likely to be leaving we would have been linked to one or two by now.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, phili said:

So back to transfers.

By the looks of it, Szmodics is likely to be signed today or tomorrow and I keep being told styles will by the end of the week.

Hopefully we can get a CB as well in this week.

One thing that worries me is that we have not been linked with any forwards at all. I would have though with BBD likely to be leaving we would have been linked to one or two by now.

Styles…End of the week? Where have you heard this mate? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Styles…End of the week? Where have you heard this mate? 

A Barnsley friend has said they have agreed a deal with a Championship club and we are the only Championship club who have enquired about him.

• Like 1

From my view in the JW lower, it seemed Dack was keen to get on the pitch and was warming up every 10/15 minutes (I can’t say he was sulking). I think he’ll have a part to play this season, but he won’t be as vital as he was a few years ago. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phili said:

A Barnsley friend has said they have agreed a deal with a Championship club and we are the only Championship club who have enquired about him.

Although I hope this is us…it still could be someone else…If we get styles then that would be great business…A player I’ve always rated! 

Is your Barnsley friend ITK?

“ Range Rovers “ are  being stolen for fun in my area. Key less entry makes them easy to steal. I doubt wether he’ll see that again. It’ll be in bits by the end of the week. You can’t get spare parts for them at the moment apparently.I’ve seen plenty of them with an old fashioned ‘ dust bin lid “ lock over the steering wheel recently. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces