BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

30 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Director of Football, Gregg Broughton, said: “We identified that we needed to add both athleticism and another goal threat to the squad, and Sammie gives us both of these qualities.

“When he was played centrally for the final 10 Championship games of last season, we saw Sammie recreate his form from League One, with four goals and an assist, along with both the creative and physical metrics of an attacking midfielder who will add a different dimension to our group.

Pretty much saying he's playing as a 10.

Hopefully not the end for Bradley.

For me, bringing in these two players today says the owners are committed to putting players on the pitch that can hopefully enhance our chances to win, right now. 

We’ve got youth, we’ve got transfers… I can’t complain that nobody at the club cares about fielding as good a product as possible. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

For me, bringing in these two players today says the owners are committed to putting players on the pitch that can hopefully enhance our chances to win, right now. 

We’ve got youth, we’ve got transfers… I can’t complain that nobody at the club cares about fielding as good a product as possible. 

Certainly puts that 'owners have turned off the taps' whisper to bed, from a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

So tasteless, tacky and unprofessional seeing club owners etc... Posting things like this on social media. 

Just desperately trying to keep their pathetic egos intact by bragging and not wanting to lose face with their fans. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5

Give me a number 10 as effective as Dack any day of the week, for all of your "metrics" about athleticism.

Hope Szmodics can step up to the Championship at the third time of asking, hopefully he can also fit into the same side as Dack and they can get the best out of each other. We need players that can run in behind off the ball and it seems like he wants to do that.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many goes did Mowbray have at signing one. When he finally did he played him on the right wing !  He wouldn’t know a good full back if one came up and kicked him up the arse.

Very true. He wouldn't have liked signing Szmodics either, with all those tattoos 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Give me a number 10 as effective as Dack any day of the week, for all of your "metrics" about athleticism.

Hope Szmodics can step up to the Championship at the third time of asking, hopefully he can also fit into the same side as Dack and they can get the best out of each other. We need players that can run in behind off the ball and it seems like he wants to do that.

Easy to say it’s the third time of asking but 7 goals as a number 10 in arguably the poorest team in the league isn’t bad going. He’ll do much better surrounded by better players.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack was too slow and lazy before his injuries for this system.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

So tasteless, tacky and unprofessional seeing club owners etc... Posting things like this on social media. 

Just desperately trying to keep their pathetic egos intact by bragging and not wanting to lose face with their fans. 

I find it quite refreshing tbh. Football has become too sterile over the years. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

This came up at the end of last week about MacAnthony. He’s the absolute opposite of our owners, in that you can’t shut him up 😂 I know from living and working in Peterborough a few years ago that he likes to engage with the supporters,

It comes from the right place, but he probably takes it a little too far.

• Like 3

Welcome Sammy Szmodics - I hope you have an absolute blast at this 'massive club' tsk tsk!

Seriously, I'm sure the new gaffer has seen something special in you, and I look forward to him being proven a master of player spotting.

Just now, martonrover said:

This came up at the end of last week about MacAnthony. He’s the absolute opposite of our owners, in that you can’t shut him up 😂 I know from living and working in Peterborough a few years ago that he likes to engage with the supporters,

It comes from the right place, but he probably takes it a little too far.

Just makes me think of the late Shebby Singh

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

If Chelsea let Colwill go to Brighton as part of the Cucarella deal, that leaves Van Hecke further down the pecking order. Fingers crossed. 

Sorry Neal I’ve just posted this, didn’t see you’d beat me to it. Fully agree with your sentiments though.