BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He wouldn't and to clarify, Hourihane is just an example, not a specific recommendation. But any slightly older head would not need to be really expensive, Hourihane has joined Derby who are in League 1 and under (I think) some restrictions. But it would also give us that experienced head, not necessarily to play 46 games, and I wouldn't want someone over the hill like Johnson, but he could play a part in giving us some composure when required. I don't think 3 is enough for such an important position.

Seri would have been one of the first names on the team sheet, very good Championship player.

Harsh. 2 are unproven.

There’s a squad together that is far better than at least 13 other teams 

Director of Football, Gregg Broughton, said: “We identified that we needed to add both athleticism and another goal threat to the squad, and Sammie gives us both of these qualities.

“When he was played centrally for the final 10 Championship games of last season, we saw Sammie recreate his form from League One, with four goals and an assist, along with both the creative and physical metrics of an attacking midfielder who will add a different dimension to our group.

• Like 1

We have a lot of attacking mids... Dack, Hedges, Dolan, Markanday and Szmodics... All potential first teamers, how do they all fit in? Feel were more pressing issues that needed sorting out.

Nevertheless... Welcome Sammie, prove to be better than the rest. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Very brave decision to sign another No10 at Rovers. 

Don’t see another club taking on Dack’s wages which for our standards I imagine are at the higher end of the spectrum, especially with so much uncertainty on his current ability after the injuries he’s had. But what does this mean for Dack? I hope he gets his head down and waits for his chance and doesn’t throw the toys out the pram. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

We have a lot of attacking mids... Dack, Hedges, Dolan, Markanday and Szmodics... All potential first teamers, how do they all fit in? Feel were more pressing issues that needed sorting out.

A bit like a lot less talented Barcelona problem.  Especially with defence needing sorting 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Did alright in a poor Peterborough team last season. Ticks a lot of boxes in terms of work rate. Seems to fit the plan. Looks good to me.

Better players around him now as well, and the way he relentlessly presses seems to be what we’re looking for. Look forward to seeing him in action 🙌🏻

14 minutes ago, Neal said:

How many can play the #10 role to a high level?

Hedges is a wide player for mine (and a good squad player) - he showed that on Saturday.

I've yet to see Markanday play, but I gather he's a wide forward too?

Dack - I think that 'athleticism' comment by Broughton was about him. 

Dolan brings energy, but his final product is wanting at times. 

From what I've seen of Szmodics he's someone that plays with his head up and brings teammates into the game - we're crying out for that.

• Like 3

Don't know much about either of today's signings but GB and JDT do seem to have a plan and some thought has gone into the benefits of each addition both in the short & medium term.

We've now brought in 2 perms with hopefully their best years ahead of them, who have decent (and recent) championship experience. They bump the average age up a little but still have plenty to give. I know both were in relegated teams last season, but most players have that on their CV's at some point so I'll not hold that against them.

Am interested to see how TM (mark II) and SS settle in, & who next follows them in through the door. Hopefully, those concerned about numbers & lack of funds are having their fears allayed somewhat. 

• Like 3