BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Re BBD I think much the same as RN and DL before him, he may think the premiership is around the corner with a big move to a big club. Truth is he is not being coveted by a top 10 club. Wham have moved onto bigger and better things. Therefore and if we accept the media reports then his options are likely Bournemouth and Everton - and one of them is a guaranteed relegation slot at the end of the season. 

So, Everton it might be but not at £20m as they are financially snookered with the losses, the sanctions on their Russki leader and the new ground on the horizon added to the debts from last season.

So then we have the likes of:

Fulham - bigger fish to entice 

Leicester - no previous links

Wolves - signing much better players

Brighton - losing players hand over foot however with millions at their disposal i am unsure whether BBD is an option unless we saw the chance of a deal that included PVH which seems unlikely now

Move abroad? even Nice look to have splurged their money elsewhere now.

So, BBD and his options are very limited if you ask me. No one ese in the Championship can get anywhere near offering him a deal in the window let alone sign him in this window

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You have to wonder whether Tomasson will eventually walk away if the status quo persists to the end of the transfer window. This cannot be what he signed up for or was promised - and will give him the perfect excuse to quit if form and results continue to get worse as the season goes on

Probably and whilst it probably wouldn't do us much good I wouldn't blame him.

I've concluded that we are now back at the Berg, Appleton, Lambert and Coyle phase. All those experiments turned rapidly into fiascos for various reasons but all ultimately originated from the fact that they didn't have the owners behind them from the start and didn't get backed - whether that be time, money, communication - it wasn't forthcoming from India.

Never underestimate, IMO, the importance of flying to India. Kean knew it, Bowyer knew it, Mowbray knew it. They didn't fly to the back of beyond every summer because they fancied a holiday. They went because they knew it was the only way of getting proper backing and answers from the people that matter.

I think we are back to that point. Tomasson and Broughton will be left on a limb to do what they can with no money but unless the main owners are behind this and are financing it then it will end in tears. Tomasson now has about 6 rungs on the ladder between him and the people in ultimate control.

There's lots of talk about Brereton at the moment - the only reason Mowbray got those funds was because he went off to India that summer and persuaded them to have a go. Without that visit the money is going into running costs and we are loaning his replacement. Seen it so many times before.

Don't blame Tomasson in the slightest - an unemployed manager gets an opportunity to take over Blackburn Rovers. Championship club fighting for promotion last year, nice part of the world, good league to be involved in, good academy, profile, chance to reach the PL. It proves people will want to manage this great club.

Lots of people in the national press and rival clubs bang on about how wonderful things are at Rovers and how Venkys have turned it around - obviously they are looking from the outside in. Not until you get on the inside do you realise what a shambles it is.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Especially when it's someone who has been bought with significant investment as a development project.  Much like developing our own youth to then leave for nothing it's utterly pointless in terms of building a team/club for future success.

There has to be some caveat in there to protect these assets and bring the club some kind of compen should they leave at any point.

When it's happening with good player after good player it is pretty indefensible.

At a normal club alarm bells would be raised, with us it seems to be Venky's not caring about the cash. Up until they show interest and understand what a trading club is we have no chance.

All this talk of turning into Brentford misses the point that up until their promotion Brentford were a trading club and all of their fans bought into this. All their players had a price and if a club came in the player would be sold so long as the club made a profit on them, they also made sure players had at least 2-3 years remaining to maximize the selling price.

With us we buy them and let them go for free, their must be some Indian tax benefit that we don't know about because otherwise very rich people normally learn from their mistakes and change course quickly.

• Like 1

It's a long, long season, we need quality players in, not players for the sake of it. 

There will be quality available at the end of the window, Broughton eluded to it himself when he said he would comment after the window closes, only then can we judge him. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Remain calm and patience at all time. 

Panicking get you nowhere. 

It's going to very busy in the next 10 days with players coming in and players leaving. Stay calm and patience guys. 😉

Even JDT can hear the alarm clock ringing.

Meanwhile back on the Titanic the violinist says 'well ok my feet are a tad damp but I can still play the violin'

• Like 2

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-transfer-admission-tomasson-24823443

''First of all, it is understandable, if I was a supporter as well, I would be going crazy," Tomasson admitted. "If you count the number of players we lost who played minutes last season, 12 left and three have come in.''

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-transfer-admission-tomasson-24823443

''First of all, it is understandable, if I was a supporter as well, I would be going crazy," Tomasson admitted. "If you count the number of players we lost who played minutes last season, 12 left and three have come in.''

Wonder if he will be told to be patient/patience

33 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's a long, long season, we need quality players in, not players for the sake of it. 

There will be quality available at the end of the window, Broughton eluded to it himself when he said he would comment after the window closes, only then can we judge him. 

I agree we need quality but at the same time we need a cb in now. We are playing a 17 year old 4 games in a row along with ayala. That has potential for an injury to one or both of those. We have no back up. There are quality cb available at the moment but we as usual are waiting to see what other clubs to and if we can pick at the bones.

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sounds pretty strong. Maybe a gauntlet thrown down.

54 minutes ago, phili said:

At a normal club alarm bells would be raised, with us it seems to be Venky's not caring about the cash. Up until they show interest and understand what a trading club is we have no chance.

All this talk of turning into Brentford misses the point that up until their promotion Brentford were a trading club and all of their fans bought into this. All their players had a price and if a club came in the player would be sold so long as the club made a profit on them, they also made sure players had at least 2-3 years remaining to maximize the selling price.

With us we buy them and let them go for free, their must be some Indian tax benefit that we don't know about because otherwise very rich people normally learn from their mistakes and change course quickly.

That's what they don't grasp imo

Yes they don't need the money but the club does so they think we'll we are bunging in 10/15 million every year we'll just chuck in a bit more to cover it.

Someone there really needs to fully outline FFP to them.

The alarm bells are almost ringing is a very damning quote from the manager. At the end of the day, it will be him who loses his job if others around him can't bring in players. 

With the slow pace it takes us to do deals, I'd be shocked if we got 4-5 players in before the end of the window, let alone 4-5 quality additions. 

BBD's agent has come out today, via Sky Sports, to let everyone know BBD has no intention of staying. To be honest, why would he sign a new deal. The club is going nowhere and he could get a life changing contract by going elsewhere. Good luck to him. 

Odds on JDT still being here at Xmas? 

Just now, rovers11 said:

The alarm bells are almost ringing is a very damning quote from the manager. At the end of the day, it will be him who loses his job if others around him can't bring in players. 

With the slow pace it takes us to do deals, I'd be shocked if we got 4-5 players in before the end of the window, let alone 4-5 quality additions. 

BBD's agent has come out today, via Sky Sports, to let everyone know BBD has no intention of staying. To be honest, why would he sign a new deal. The club is going nowhere and he could get a life changing contract by going elsewhere. Good luck to him. 

Odds on JDT still being here at Xmas? 

Odds on JDT being here come September 1st?