BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Everton have thrown alot of money at the transfer market in recent years, overpaying for some very ordinary players. Brerton would be another. Although he's got more about him than Armstrong, who it was easy to foresee would struggle in the Premier League,  I don't think he's got what it takes to be a success in the top flight. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

How much will relegation cost us? 

We aren’t going to replace him and without his goals we will be in a relegation battle. We got lucky after selling Armstrong that Ben started scoring lots of goals, the same thing won’t happen with Gallagher and co.  

So you'd rather we keep Ben for this season and hope a miracle promotion happens and let him leave for nowt in June 2023?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Everton have thrown alot of money at the transfer market in recent years, overpaying for some very ordinary players. Brerton would be another. Although he's got more about him than Armstrong, who it was easy to foresee would struggle in the Premier League,  I don't think he's got what it takes to be a success in the top flight. 

that`s evertons problem,if they play him as a straightforward centre forward like calvert lewin then it won`t be a happy time for him,i don`t think lampard has much idea either about getting the best from players

Just now, bazza said:

So you'd rather we keep Ben for this season and hope a miracle promotion happens and let him leave for nowt in June 2023?

I'd rather we guarantee Championship survival and have an outside chance of promotion - which will both happen with Diaz at our disposal - than be destined for a season of struggle and potentially relegation without him. That might sound like an overreaction but it doesn't take much to slide down this division and selling your only goalscorer a few days before the window shuts isn't going to end well.

Championship status is worth more than the fee we get for him. PL status is definitely worth more.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

If that means we aren’t (most likely)manager-less in League One next season, yes. I think!!

If we weren’t so dysfunctional I’d be all over cashing in. Then again if we weren’t so dysfunctional maybe BBD leaving would be only problem right now.

I can totally see the point of yourself and others wanting to sell, I just don’t think we are able to sign replacements quick enough. We’ve completely fucked up this transfer window like we do most seasons. 

Maybe we’ve found a gem in JDT, but Greg is fucking useless like Waggot. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ricky said:

So is SVDB not joining from Liverpool if we are going for the Cov lad? I’m sure Chaddy said it was a done deal about 100 pages back.

We are still waiting on the Mickey’s cap in hand I think. Chaddy will repeat what he’s heard Rich Sharpe say. 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'd rather we guarantee Championship survival and have an outside chance of promotion - which will both happen with Diaz at our disposal - than be destined for a season of struggle and potentially relegation without him. That might sound like an overreaction but it doesn't take much to slide down this division and selling your only goalscorer a few days before the window shuts isn't going to end well.

Championship status is worth more than the fee we get for him. PL status is definitely worth more.

Said it much better, than I was trying to 👍🏻

16 minutes ago, Neal said:

Josh Bowler is the best and only adequate replacement for Diaz. Proven quality in this league, match winner, plays down the road, needs to be sold. 

Just get it done. 

The bloke has scored 8 goals in 46 games, how does that make him the best replacement for Brereton? Not saying he isn’t a decent player but he isn’t his replacement

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

FWIW I don't think we have anything to worry about if BBD leaves. Fans anxious on FOMO on a new striker can rest easy knowing our DOF will have earmarked his replacement and ready to sign on the dotted line within 24 hours. Hopefully we'll have enough cash from the sale to BOGOF and get 2 strikes for the price of one. QED and all that. Let's hope it's not SNAFU though and the money disappears in a Venky's black hole. I love acronyms

• Like 8

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

The bloke has scored 8 goals in 46 games, how does that make him the best replacement for Brereton? 

Just my opinion. We're a championship club who can't afford to buy a player the same quality as Brereton. Just think in a better side he would excell and further develop. 

10 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So is SVDB not joining from Liverpool if we are going for the Cov lad? I’m sure Chaddy said it was a done deal about 100 pages back.

Always been said that 2 centre backs were wanted so no reason why SVDB can’t happen. Think it’s the JPVH deal that’s a no goer now

12 minutes ago, Ricky said:

It's was practically done, a case of when not if several sources reported. However Liverpools injury crisis rumbles on, how long will it take and how long are we prepared to wait? The clock ain't stopping ticking....

58 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'd say to Ben, " You must go to the club who wants you and will pay us money in this window or sign a new contract with us. If you choose neither you will be on the bench of the under 21 team for the whole season."

Some will say cut off nose to spite face but someone has to make a start to try to stop this gigantic tail wagging the fucking dog.

(Hypothetically)

Ben: Sorry to hear you think that way but I can't afford to turn down £7m over 5 years and neither would you. If that's your decision then I'm happy to play at under 21 level for the season but of course if you require me to play for the first team I'll always give my all for them as well. The ball's in your court".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

100 %.

• Like 1