BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

On his performances for us I presume

We are under no obligation to buy him .He performs poorly we don't buy 

At most clubs the money earmarked to pay the fee for him can go on another player here it's anyone's guess if that will happen but hopefully with them going in a different direction with Broughton and JDT it will lead to  continuous funding on the squad.

You absolutely know that I was talking about why we were signing him. On your basis we could sign anybody!

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

For me Brererton hasn’t repaid the 7million yet and owes us a new contract, one good season doesn’t make a player

There’s no such thing as loyalty in football mate, especially not these days. You can’t knock the lad though, all the supposed interest and he’s still knuckling down and playing his football with a smile on his face. He owes us nothing.  

Edited by Butty
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, roverandout said:

How the fuck mowbray's has led us to the situation of losing players for nowt. One of many of his eff ups. Complete negligence to tying down players like Brereton Nyambe Lenihan. He was more interested In tying down his pension 

They left under the new regime, they couldn't get them to sign a contract either. 

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

You absolutely know that I was talking about why we were signing him. On your basis we could sign anybody!

Id presume JDT and Broughton would have more than an insight than me on this one.

I'm on the record of saying I haven't seen him play enough.I ain't calling it a crap signing off the back of a loan spell a couple of seasons ago and as we have seen with some of our own they have got better as they have gotten older and more experienced.

If you have seen enough of him to know he won't be a good signing then fair enough but going off what you have written it's suggestive you haven't seen much of the player yourself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why am I not surprised by this news?

Well, I might be in a minority of one on this but I hope the owners demonstrate their financial clout and tell Fulham and any other Club taking the piss (by submitting an offer in the last 24 hours of the window) to fuck off.

It's way too late in the window to accept a bid for him and replace him. Reassess in January.  If we don't look like going up by then, we could always sell him at that point and probably wouldn't get much less than we're being offered now.

Except he could sign a pre contract in January. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Old 1st/2nd division to be fair, like Rovers. The likes of Brentford, Bournemouth and Watford are tinpot

Re Brereton Rovers should tell interested clubs it's too late in this window unless they come up with £25m cash only, money in the bank by 5pm

I think Rovers regard the Leicester lad as Brereton's replacement so I don't expect another striker to arrive in any case

Liked the look of Bowler tonight, wouldn't mind him at all

To be fair Bowler looked distinctly average tonight and had little impact on the game, thanks in part to Adam Wharton who had him in his back pocket. 

Interestingly, from what JDT said in relation to the alleged Fulham bid, it seems he would rather BBD stayed.

It would be a help if the manager and owners were on the same page on that unlike moaning Mowbray who publicly broke ranks and sulked for the rest of the season.

If it was him he'd be saying how he'd rather sell BBD and bring in 30 players for 500k then fall out with everyone if it didn't happen.

• Like 1

For once, I might be looking at deadline day with interest, instead of dread and despondency. Whilst I'd love Brereton-Diaz to sign a 5 year contract, and go on and score 25 more goals, if he goes I have a little bit more confidence that someone half decent may come in rather than a modern day Chris Brown, or some useless 19 year old who can't on a Premier LeagueU-21 subs bench. 

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Was Adam Wharton left back? 

No but Pickering did have a lot of help against Bowler from both Wharton and Diaz. between them, Kept them quiet in the main. Bowler is their main threat. Would be a good signing for us on the right instead of Gallagher - not sure he worth going to 4 mil though. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

No but Pickering did have a lot of help against Bowler from both Wharton and Diaz. between them, Kept them quiet in the main. Bowler is their main threat. Would be a good signing for us on the right instead of Gallagher - not sure he worth going to 4 mil though. 

Diaz left, Bowler right, striker and Dack behind.

The stuff dreams are made of.

• Like 6