BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Why on earth would anyone want to sell Diaz at this hour. Even bids of £30m should be instantly rejected at this time.

Just don’t think we can let him go for nothing with the mess our finances are in. If it’s £20m now or a free in the summer then I think we have to take the £20m now.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, J*B said:

Let’s say we sold him for 12M today and the owners took back 7M, leaving us 5M. 

Do you expect we will have 5M to replace BBD specifically come Summer next year? Not a 5M budget, I mean 5M for one player. 

I’m not sure Josh. But my point still stands…a fully fit BBD is the best option we (as fans) can have. Selling him on the last day, even if we sign two CLASS players will weaken us (at least in the short term until those players settle in. 

59 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Can't help but think last night's performance has relaxed a few in regard to this window. I still think we're at least a couple of players short, let's not forget we had our midfield enforcer at RB last night and 2 teenagers in CM.

And yet we still won .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Deadline day is so stupid. Everton could have bid £20m 3 weeks ago and got their man, no worries.

Waits 4 hours till the window closes and would probably have to offer more, which will still likey be rejected as we can't sign a replacement.

Mental.

They also had Calvert-Lewin injured and Rondon suspended and also a bit crap and past it, so they have been playing without a striker. If they really wanted him they could have had him  pretty easily any time. £15m not even overpriced really

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbh I’m not sure why we pulled out of dembele with the possibility that a late bid could come in, seems a bit strange. I’d be on the fax to Bordeaux to see if maja would be willing to move here 

Turned down a move to Birmingham and signing a new deal with Bordeaux 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I definitely prefer to keep him. 
I think most of our fans do too, we just don’t want to see him walk, Ala, Nyambe, Rothwell, Lenihan

I don’t think we miss Lenihan, Nyambe or Rothwell tbh. So, whilst I want us to fix this long term, I’d be REALLY scared of losing BBD tonight. Even IF we sign Dembele AND Maja or Hugill etc

• Like 1

The two players that I would have liked from Everton, Nkounkou and Gbamin, have already been sent out on loan. In any case, they aren't attackers so wouldn't solve the BBD issue. Simms is out on loan.

I can't see who they could offer us to at a late hour. There's nobody there, realistically.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think we miss Lenihan, Nyambe or Rothwell tbh. So, whilst I want us to fix this long term, I’d be REALLY scared of losing BBD tonight. Even IF we sign Dembele AND Maja or Hugill etc

You don’t think we would have been in a better position last night if we had Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell on the bench at worst? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbh I’m not sure why we pulled out of dembele with the possibility that a late bid could come in, seems a bit strange. I’d be on the fax to Bordeaux to see if maja would be willing to move here 

Maja's just signed a new contract. 

And not indication we were ever in for Dembele. 

• Like 1