BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not reckon with SW and MV past that they were the ones pushing it?

I reckon they definitely were

I would say they definitely pushed it, but i don't believe that venkys knew nothing of it. 

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:
6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not reckon with SW and MV past that they were the ones pushing it?

I reckon they definitely were

Possibly, maybe even probably they came up with the initial idea.

But you don’t get all the way to planning permission, architect blueprints, marketing brochures and a PR campaign to flog off one out of only two pieces of a fairly small business’ real estate without the bloody owners knowing!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Possibly, maybe even probably they came up with the initial idea.

But you don’t get all the way to planning permission, architect blueprints, marketing brochures and a PR campaign to flog off one out of only two pieces of a fairly small business’ real estate without the bloody owners knowing!

Okay true.

But still 

The wage structure is pointless if it allows you to pay Ayala at the top end of it for sitting on the physio table but not allow you to go higher for someone who could get you 40+ games a season. 

It's got to be a little more dynamic. If we keep ayala, we'll pay him 15k a week but we know we can't rely on him and we need another defender to come in of a reasonable quality to cover for him. If you pay him even just 10k, you're basically paying 25k a week to fill one position in the squad. Why not ship Ayala out and get a quality fit centre back in at 25k a week? Technically breaking the wage structure but it's the same cost to the owners and you're not paying the physios overtime. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The wage structure is pointless if it allows you to pay Ayala at the top end of it for sitting on the physio table but not allow you to go higher for someone who could get you 40+ games a season. 

It's got to be a little more dynamic. If we keep ayala, we'll pay him 15k a week but we know we can't rely on him and we need another defender to come in of a reasonable quality to cover for him. If you pay him even just 10k, you're basically paying 25k a week to fill one position in the squad. Why not ship Ayala out and get a quality fit centre back in at 25k a week? Technically breaking the wage structure but it's the same cost to the owners and you're not paying the physios overtime. 

Logical reasoning, but then kaminski catches wind and wants 25k, as does Dack, Wharton wants 15k instead of 10k blah blah etc etc 

Don’t think JDT will throw his toys out of the pram over one deal. What’s concerning is the amount of time we spend getting deals done, especially considering we need more than a few before the new season kicks off. We either have a bit of luck to begin with or we will be in a dogfight this season, I’m leaning towards the latter at this stage. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Logical reasoning, but then kaminski catches wind and wants 25k, as does Dack, Wharton wants 15k instead of 10k blah blah etc etc 

When Ayala and Gallagher are up there at 15k or so I'm surprised most of the squad aren't asking for 20k. 

19 minutes ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I can't imagine that the new Coach, his staff and the DOF will be at the club for long if that is the case.

Indeed. TM was obviously happy enough to operate on VenkyTime, where such a convoluted sign off structure leads to inevitable delays and targets going begging.

I doubt JDT will have the patience for it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Let's hope we see some signings today and tomorrow, that's what the LT was saying.

I don't believe it for a minute though.

We can occasionally come out with a left field move or two, but this is going to have to be off the charts left field for us to actually get a signing or two in over the next couple of days when there is absolutely zero rumours.

• Like 3

Yeah surely you perform well and then deserve a better deal. Whether you choose to accept it or not is another thing. I can't see players being up in arms over someone coming in on better money than them. That's the way football has always been and I think it's a cop out for the club when missing out on players. 

We were arguably worse off at the start of last season squad wise, then the season before. Alot of us predicated we'd stuggle. We then massively over achieved in the first half of the season. Which papered over the cracks, which began to show after Christmas. I worry for us this season if we don't add quality to the squad. If you're not progressing then you're only going to go backwards. New coach or not he's only as good as the players at his disposal.

• Like 3