BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Van Hecke and Khadra are in the last year of their contracts, no doubt Brighton will be looking at them in pre season but if they don't impress surely a deal for either or both shouldn't be impossible. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

Van Hecke and Khadra are in the last year of their contracts, no doubt Brighton will be looking at them in pre season but if they don't impress surely a deal for either or both shouldn't be impossible. 

Khadra might be feasible. Van Hecke isn't. Brighton may make him available but not for a price we can pay. There will be bigger fish circling.

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We've made a real ass of ourselves tbf. Butt, onto the next one. Let's get these transfer wheels lubricated and bring a big one in. We might be able to avoid other clubs gazumping us if we sneak someone in the back door.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Khadra might be feasible. Van Hecke isn't. Brighton may make him available but not for a price we can pay. There will be bigger fish circling.

Perhaps but one good season for a team that finished 8th in the Championship shouldn't make him crazy money. They paid a fee rising to 2.7 mill but I'm not sure he's even kicked a ball for them, if they don't fancy him and he only has 12 months then a fee rising to 3 mill sounds about right. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We've made a real ass of ourselves tbf. Butt, onto the next one. Let's get these transfer wheels lubricated and bring a big one in. We might be able to avoid other clubs gazumping us if we sneak someone in the back door.

I didn’t know much about the guy so I used the internet for help. My google search for “Anel video” was vouch more illuminating than I’d dreamed possible. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

Perhaps but one good season for a team that finished 8th in the Championship shouldn't make him crazy money. They paid a fee rising to 2.7 mill but I'm not sure he's even kicked a ball for them, if they don't fancy him and he only has 12 months then a fee rising to 3 mill sounds about right. 

I'd hope we can do better than Khadra.

He was alright, but hardly pulled up trees.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mustard said:

If we can't compete with Sheffield fucking United then we are fucked.

I wonder if that thought is now entering GB n JDT's minds.  I am hoping this is not where the oorch light comes in and they realize what they have done.

Wondering why nobody told them that their "healthy budget" was less than half the other rivals. Hope not.  JDT seemed to be keen on this fella imagining he might not be too pleased about now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

It's not just the fee we have to worry about. At 3 mill I'd expect quite a few Championship clubs to be keen, which generally means at least one is paying better than us. But I'd argue if they've kept tabs on him they'll be wanting about 5 mill. I suspect they'll loan him out again if they don't see him breaking their side yet, and that might be our best chance of seeing him in the shirt again. But there will probably be a promotion chasing side paying a better loan fee or wage contribution.

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

I actually think that given his age, if you can get him to perform consistently he could be one of the best players in the league. He ruined teams at times. Frustrating in others but buckets of talent and pace. 

Agree, although I'm not sure consistent performances are in his future. I'm not convinced he has the right attitude. I'd take him on a cheapish punt though.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's not just the fee we have to worry about. At 3 mill I'd expect quite a few Championship clubs to be keen, which generally means at least one is paying better than us. But I'd argue if they've kept tabs on him they'll be wanting about 5 mill. I suspect they'll loan him out again if they don't see him breaking their side yet, and that might be our best chance of seeing him in the shirt again. But there will probably be a promotion chasing side paying a better loan fee or wage contribution.

I think we might be over inflating his value because he played well for us but the reality is if they keep him and he doesn't play then he walks for peanuts in January or free in 12 months. The could ask for 5 but I think the reality of any deal would be a fee rising to 5 depending on promotion etc... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I wonder if that thought is now entering GB n JDT's minds.  I am hoping this is not where the oorch light comes in and they realize what they have done.

Wondering why nobody told them that their "healthy budget" was less than half the other rivals. Hope not.  JDT seemed to be keen on this fella imagining he might not be too pleased about now.

This is also my exact fear. But I don't think they're daft enough to have not had assurances on figures and relied on vague terms such as "healthy", which I am almost certain Waggot would've tried to sell them the dream on. The prick.

37 minutes ago, Neal said:

Yeah, Tosin went for £2 million. £3 million For Van the man could be possible. 

55 minutes ago, Neal said:

JPVH fits the type of signings we should be making almost to a tee, given the added bonus that he's even less of a risk given his performances here.

Even if we pay circa £4m he's young and under the correct coaching should improve no end. Recouping our investment and then some should be more than on the cards here.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

I think id rather have Khadra right now for a fraction of the price of JVH, showed glimpses, and was unplayable at times. Get him out on that left wing, with Dack and Hedges/Dolan or Markandy on the right with Breo/Gally up top and I think our attack is looking good.

• Like 1

Us

Blackpool

Wigan

Exeter 

The only 4 EFL teams yet to sign a player if we're not including the Preston lad.

To say how many bodies we need that's pretty grim reading. Can only hope Greg is working round the clock......

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, USABlue said:

That's my concern too, that the pair of them have been sold something else and are soon going to realise what has happened.

I'm sure they both have every intention to strengthen the squad and to implement the plan they have in mind. Those two are the reason why some optimism has returned for me. I don't think the pillocks above them share that same desire though. The talk of kids, frees and loans points to it being more of the same.

They seem to have a habit of saying things to get people through the door, only to turn and not live up to those words later on. Lambert had it. Existing season ticket holders have had it just last week.

Don't worry, you've got an extra extension to reclaim your seat. Even if somebody else has claimed it, we'll move them elsewhere at a discounted rate. Sounds great.

The reality? Said article is deleted and, apparently, that information shouldn't have been given as it was never meant to be the case in the first place. Piss off.

This is why I think they will do a Lambert on JDT. Goes without saying, of course, I hope I'm way off the mark.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Because it literally imposes hard limits on what we can spend, which can no longer be easily circumvented, and we flew pretty close to the wind on it last year. I'm not sure why you and JH fight this point anymore.

I don't doubt that FFP in general limits what clubs can spend.

What I don't get is the assumption that if it ceased to exist, that anyone can say with any certainty that Venkys would invest more as a result.

Even when people at the club (manager, CEO, whatever) have mentioned the recent withholding of funding, the excuse has always been the pandemic/a tough economy in India. Never the ready made excuse of FFP.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

MK Dons signing Brad Johnson bless them

Seems like a very reasonable signing at that level, unless MK Dons still play possession obsessed tactics. 

Even at his age he will be better than many of the bog standard central midfielders in that league.

His performance v QPR at home was very impressive. Glad he has left mind but find it strange that you have such extreme and opposite views on him and Davenport when ultimately neither warranted a regular place here but the former definitely did a lot more when he did play.

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Broughton and Tomasson made it clear that they were going to look internally, first and foremost.

This should read

It was made clear to Broughton and Tomasson that they would have to look internally, first and foremost, when they were hired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Broughton and Tomasson made it clear that they were going to look internally, first and foremost. With the initial period out of the way, I think they'll have got their ducks in a row, and will be working in earnest on some signings. We've got a "healthy" budget for transfers, according to Broughton, and I've no reason to disbelieve that.

There are four weeks until the start of the season, and another eight weeks until the transfer window closes. If we miss out on an Ahemedhodžič, I'm confident that we've now got the personnel in place to swiftly move onto the next target(s), which I suspect will already be known.

We were told last week that activity in the market will begin in earnest for us this week. It's Monday, and I'm not too worried. Fingers crossed for a signing or two this week.

A lot of the initial conversation will just be what people want to hear, can cause exciting but why you should never get carried away.

On looking internally, the newly appointed director of football and manager aren't going to come out and say that the squad is massively lacking in quality and needs a clean sweep for example! That's just a standard line to keep people happy. 

Also the word "healthy" is so subjective. Last summer we sold a player for £15m and signed one for a couple of hundred grand. Spending one or two million for example is very healthy compared to that.

1 hour ago, The Hypnotic said:

I didn’t know much about the guy so I used the internet for help. My google search for “Anel video” was vouch more illuminating than I’d dreamed possible. 

His highlight reel is even better than Carlos Villanueva's. And from what I saw, he is a plumber on the side. 

• Like 3