BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Did they specifically say that there would be no signings by now?

They said what they were planning to do and that what they done so far

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

And who has said that they "expected" signings by now?

Just look at people comments on here. 

48 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign the Swedish chef from the muppet show. 

Well he is tall so can play out wide and with his chef's hat on may even head a ball.

Sign him up and for False 9 and backup go for

images~2.jpeg

images~3.jpeg

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Stefan Strandberg is available on a free. Soon 32 years old Norway international. Lacks pace completely and is a bit injury prone, but has a wealth of experience and is a Rovers supporter. Not an upgrade on Ayala but think we'd get a few more games out of him.

How do you know this?  Out of interest

16 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

.If we are truly limited by FFP ( I don't think we are ) then why are we wasting our time chasing highly paid players if we know we can't afford them ?

That's the £64m dollar question. It should be clear roughly  what players are after in terms of wages within 5 minutes of  speaking to their agent. As far as the defender we were after that has gone to Sheff Utd is concerned, in terms of the time and effort spent chasing him, we might as well have been chasing Virgil Van Dyke, the net result is the same, the player hasn't ended up coming here.

Under the old regime I used to (only partially) joke that working in the recruitment department appeared a bit of a doddle.

- Low ball various Clubs/ players at the start of the window with offers that are never going to be accepted. Leak a story to the lapdog local press that offers are on the table for various players.

- Pick fluff out of your navel for about half the window. Leak another story about still being "hopeful" of signing players X, Y, and Z to quell any mounting unrest.

- When the alleged target finally moves elsewhere to another Club for roughly what they were after, Leak a final hard luck story about being gazumped at the last minute by a Club coming in offering more money.

- Pick the phone up and see what last minute scraps are available off the Premier League loan table irrespective of whether they are the players we need in the positions we most urgently need filling.

- Job done! Put your feet up until the next window. Rinse and repeat.

I hope we're not going down a similar route with the new regime and have not merely added an unnecessary extra wage to the pay roll in Broughton.

As for Park, no loss at all, but if it was known he was going to be replaced some time ago he should have been replaced at the end of the season or even earlier and the new man brought in. His replacement might not fancy the names he was scouting particularly if he was merely dredging Scotland for low grade dross like Hedges.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s not about bodies, it’s about getting the best players within our budget. 

Noble words, but so far we have failed to do that or even  get players in maybe not quite the best available within our budget. And our need is even more desperate than normal having allowed three absolutely key first teamers to walk out for nothing.

You can only judge the recruitment department on results and who actually comes through the door not hard luck stories and kudos because we were after a potentially higher grade of player who ended up elsewhere. That's no use to anyone.

It still makes me laugh when some supporters cannot grasp that if a player doesnt sign a new deal he has the power to do what he wants and there is absolutley nothing the club can do, it happens throughout the football world not just at Ewood

• Like 2

Well of course once they have decided they are going, but as usual in your new role as Swag’s messenger boy you are disingenuously missing the point (or more worryingly you actually don’t understand) - you do everything you can to ensure you sign players up before they decide to go, as if they spend a year in negotiations there was obviously a time in which they were open to stay.

How? By offering market value wages. If you do that but they still want a new challenge? Fine. If you can’t do that, because of wage caps, fair enough, but then you will continue to see decent Championship players leave and rabbits will have to be consistently pulled out the hat on recruitment. If these rabbits don’t come, as every signing is a gamble at this level, then the club only goes one way.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It still makes me laugh when some supporters cannot grasp that if a player doesnt sign a new deal he has the power to do what he wants and there is absolutley nothing the club can do, it happens throughout the football world not just at Ewood

It makes me laugh that some can't grasp that the finance available at Ewood to pay players isn't enough to sign them or keep them. All we can do is to keep getting loanees in and produce young players and hope they retain some loyalty to us. 

As we've seen already, its not working.

• Like 7

On May 2nd I posted this:

------------

" ... Whoever gets the gig will be fighting with his hands tied behind his back because the summer will have passed where he could be assessing needs, recruiting etc.. There'll be excuses of having no pre-season for new hires. Players left on the books plus academy canon fodder will need a whole new set of shapes to drill as half the bleeding playing staff will be gone and their established patterns of play gone with them.

Totally lame dude, just totally lame.

Venkys, if you ever have any hope of owning a successful club you really need to get your arses into gear.

Interviewing 6 people, really, wtf."

------------

I'm no oracle but if it was obvious to me surely it must have been obvious to Waggot.

No surprises then. Three first teamers gone, pre-season well underway, 26 days until season kicks off, no transfers in!

Whoever stumps up, unless they're from Malmo, they won't have a clue about our patterns of play. We're going into the new season with our hands tied behind our back yet again.

We need new players yesterday!

WTF.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 47er said:

It makes me laugh that some can't grasp that the finance available at Ewood to pay players isn't enough to sign them or keep them. All we can do is to keep getting loanees in and produce young players and hope they retain some loyalty to us. 

As we've seen already, its not working.

So what you are advocating is that the wage structure in place is broken? There is not an infinite amount of cash available this is BRFC a town team who attract 13 k fans from an area surrounded by massive clubs stuck in the championship awash with an apathetic fan base who decline to spend their hard earned cash because they fell out with the owners and those charged with running the club. Unless there is a huge change in the finance dynamics of the club the basic funds will remain added to the same of a top player every year that’s the way it will be

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So what you are advocating is that the wage structure in place is broken? There is not an infinite amount of cash available this is BRFC a town team who attract 13 k fans from an area surrounded by massive clubs stuck in the championship awash with an apathetic fan base who decline to spend their hard earned cash because they fell out with the owners and those charged with running the club. Unless there is a huge change in the finance dynamics of the club the basic funds will remain added to the same of a top player every year that’s the way it will be

What about the waste on Ayala? 

If it has to go through Waggot why's he signed it off? 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You not reckon the club could roll their sleeves up and graft a bit to win those fans back? Or make tickets more affordable in the midst of a cost of living crisis though?

They really haven’t done all they can at all.

• Like 8

Wow, it’s no wonder the fan engagement is as bad as it is, when folk like him above have the ear of the CEO.

‘Can’t afford Darragh Lenihan because of our shit fans’ is obviously the line trotted out to the nodding dogs over custard creams.

• Like 8

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

They as in Waggot and Venus.... Don't think the Venkys actually knew.

I don’t believe that for a second, but even if it was true what does that say about the owners of a business if its key infrastructure could be flogged off to developers without them even knowing?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t believe that for a second, but even if it was true what does that say about the owners of a business if its key infrastructure could be flogged off to developers without them even knowing?

Not reckon with SW and MV past that they were the ones pushing it?

I reckon they definitely were