BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Hate to break it to those hoping for Reda Khadra to come back... had it on very good authority that there is a mutual disinterest in a reunion.

He was apparently a bit of a moaner, didnt like the cold. Also there is belief he was fit way before the end of season but downed tools and refused to accept to play a part in the run in well before out season ran its course. 

mutual disinterest from me as well,if his brain worked as quickly as his feet then he`d be some player,it does`nt and he`ll always continue to take the wrong option,how many times did we see him shoot when an easy pass was on and pass when he should have had a shot

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

John Parks replacement to be announced imminently, anyone any idea who it’s going to be? Hopefully whoever it is comes into the job with names for potential signings already drawn up or it could end up taking us even longer to get a few bodies through the door. 

Where you heard that mate. Can't find anything 

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

I wonder if that thought is now entering GB n JDT's minds.  I am hoping this is not where the oorch light comes in and they realize what they have done.

Wondering why nobody told them that their "healthy budget" was less than half the other rivals. Hope not.  JDT seemed to be keen on this fella imagining he might not be too pleased about now.

Waggott bullshite?

24 minutes ago, Butty said:

John Parks replacement to be announced imminently, anyone any idea who it’s going to be? Hopefully whoever it is comes into the job with names for potential signings already drawn up or it could end up taking us even longer to get a few bodies through the door. 

You could replace Park with no-one and get the same amount of bodies through the door

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s not about bodies, it’s about getting the best players within our budget. 

Well hopefully we get 6 or 7 players within our budget through the doors sooner rather than later. 

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Broughton and Tomasson made it clear that they were going to look internally, first and foremost. With the initial period out of the way, I think they'll have got their ducks in a row, and will be working in earnest on some signings. We've got a "healthy" budget for transfers, according to Broughton, and I've no reason to disbelieve that.

There are four weeks until the start of the season, and another eight weeks until the transfer window closes. If we miss out on an Ahmedhodzic, I'm confident that we've now got the personnel in place to swiftly move onto the next target(s), which I suspect will already be known.

We were told last week that activity in the market will begin in earnest for us this week. It's Monday, and I'm not too worried. Fingers crossed for a signing or two this week.

exactly Goozburger. This is exactly Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson both said when they both came in. I don't get why so many people are getting so miserable, angry or disappointed cos we haven't sign anyone. 

Like I said we don't need to panic at all, some people need to calm down and relax. I am sure that Rovers have bids in for several bids for players that will improve our squad and become better players here. 

I agree that no-one has any reason not to believe Gregg Broughton when he said we have healthy transfer budget

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Hate to break it to those hoping for Reda Khadra to come back... had it on very good authority that there is a mutual disinterest in a reunion.

He was apparently a bit of a moaner, didnt like the cold. Also there is belief he was fit way before the end of season but downed tools and refused to accept to play a part in the run in well before out season ran its course. 

If this is the case then I don't want him back here. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

exactly Paul. Rovers recruitment team will have presented Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson with list of different options and JDT mention in an interview when he was unveiled that they had already meetings about recruitments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The better league 1/2 prospects have been snapped up

Cameron Brannagan, Jason Knight, Max Bird, Louis Sibley, Callum Brittain and Callum Styles all still in league and are quality players who would add to quality to most Championship teams 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cameron Brannagan, Jason Knight, Max Bird, Louis Sibley, Callum Brittain and Callum Styles all still in league and are quality players who would add to quality to most Championship teams 

We won't be in the running for any of them.

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We won't be in the running for any of them.

Well if that your opinion fine but I would be looking at Callum Brittain for the right back slot as I think he would suit how JDT will play. Plus either Cameron Brannagan or Callum Styles for centre midfielder spot

23 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Has anyone said other than we want the best players within our budget? That still doesnt remove the fact that we have lost a large quantity of players and also that ideally we would want at least a large proportion of them well in advance of the season. Strawman argument. Quality, quantity and speed arent all mutually exclusive.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

exactly Goozburger. This is exactly Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson both said when they both came in. I don't get why so many people are getting so miserable, angry or disappointed cos we haven't sign anyone. 

Like I said we don't need to panic at all, some people need to calm down and relax. I am sure that Rovers have bids in for several bids for players that will improve our squad and become better players here. 

I agree that no-one has any reason not to believe Gregg Broughton when he said we have healthy transfer budget

If this is the case then I don't want him back here. 

exactly Paul. Rovers recruitment team will have presented Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson with list of different options and JDT mention in an interview when he was unveiled that they had already meetings about recruitments. 

Healthy is subjective, thats the thing. Everyone will have different definitions of what it means.

I am surprised that he didnt say that "our whole squad is shit and we have no money." All about actions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Healthy is subjective, thats the thing. Everyone will have different definitions of what it means.

Gregg Broughton said a healthy budget compare to teams without parachute payments was his words. 

Are you worried or panicking over that we haven't sign anyone? 

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

JDT and GB are on a hiding to nothing.

If I was considering joining as director of football I'd certainly have the BBD situation sorted before I joined the club....its critical, he must have sorted it before joining or if he didn't have the balls to sort it out then he might aswell feck off now and take his mate with him.

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If I was considering joining as director of football I'd certainly have the BBD situation sorted before I joined the club....its critical, he must have sorted it before joining or if he didn't have the balls to sort it out then he might aswell feck off now and take his mate with him.

What is the BBD situation ? He is unlikely to re sign, we have a fee in mind , we now have to wait to see if someone will pay it or lower our fee expectations. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gregg Broughton said a healthy budget compare to teams without parachute payments was his words. 

Are you worried or panicking over that we haven't sign anyone? 

Chaddy, I respect your optimistic view of the words that come out of Rovers officials' mouths. As I've said above, I really don't think statements along these lines constitute much more than "puff". In football, as in politics, there is now an art in saying things without really saying anything. This is evidenced in managers' (and DoFs') press conferences/media quotes being meaningless, beyond exercises in placating journalists and drumming up interest in ticket sales. What is "healthy budget"? Without knowing this then we really don't know what level of player the club can buy/pay in wages. That is the same for all clubs, but it does still mean the words are empty. I remain to see any hard evidence and until then I will suspect this is another screwed up close-season.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

We can't sell BB unless somebody actually bids for him.

Which, according to all reports, hasn't happened yet.

Will happen a few minutes before the window closes, with us having no replacement lined up 

• Like 4